IGNORED

That Dreaded Vote Of

Bristol Boy

SL sensibly stopped short of doing that on BCFC World, but it can't be far away.

In essence,we've slipped from a top three side,to one that can't get in the top six, moreover, doesn't look likely to, after today's results.

Is it mathematically possible?

Of course.

Is it in any way to be considered probable?

Not at all, based on current form.

Without beating about the bush, Tins really doesn't look up to the job, neither does he inspire much confidence.

Player for player,we're probably on a par with most clubs in this division, or better.

So, why aren't we doing it?

Well, I've liked the look of most of Tnmans targets and signings.I don't think anyone would object if the Board gave him the money to go and get Nelson & Wellens, two players we know he's made enquiries about or Evatt at Chesterfraud.

I've rated Ireland from day one and have no objections with Carey returning or Brooker, who's been an excellent signing.I'm sure if LL & SB had been up front last season or even just at the Millenium, we'd be in the Championship now.

No problems with Heffernan.

I was an advocate of Dinning until Sheff Weds and Tins must share my view because he's been out of the side a lot.

I hope Orr makes it, but he was probably a gamble(not expensive)worth taking and is more versatile and a better player that Joe Burnell, who he "replaced."

In fairness, some of the departures have been beyond his control,neither were some of them because of him.

Miller,amongst others, is doing well on loan and we could have a player returning confident, fit and in form.......or some dough.Win-Win.

Returning to the original question, I'd put it down to these factors

1.Poor team selection.

2.Poor tactics.Lack of width, crosses & penetration.

3.To much change, even during games and the players often seem confused.

4.Indiscipline.

It's easy to find fault and I hope you'll all agree that at least I suggest alternatives.

My advice going forward?

Decide how you want to play and build a squad that can play in that pattern, to the highest performance level.

That doesn't mean dogmatically believing in 4-4-2 or 3-5-2,OR THE HOLE, but you have to discover what works and, moreover, what works with the players at your disposal.

You don't need to be Brazil to win this Division.You do need to be organised, 100% fit,give 100% effort and everyone needs to fully understand their role.

If a player's out,you don't completly change track,you bring in a like for like replacement, always providing you're succesful with your chosen method.

If it still doesn't work?

Then it looks like a clear out of Tins and his back room staff and yet another new manager.

Looking around, there are some experienced guys around,some with experience at this level, out of work.

We missed out on George Burley, Brian Little, Paul Sturrock & Peter Taylor when they were available

John Aldridge or Ronnie Moore wouldn't cost a fortune and are used to working on a shoe string as our Board have clearly said all major signings will now be funded through transfer activity.

John Ward has done it before, WITH CITY and people like Dave Jones, who worked wonders with Stockport, are also available.

There are no guarantees,as Pulis showed brilliantly!

Either that or write this season off and start building for next.Whether that's with Tins, will, I think, be initially decided over the next five games.

Some good points above, a lot of what Tinns has done has been good, but where it matters in the tactics room and the pitch he is going down a dead end at present.

Away attendances are falling and it's not going to take much for home attendances to fall further.

Joking apart, if we go on like this, I'll give Tins 3/4 more games :city:

Away attendances are falling and it's not going to take much for home attendances to fall further.

Joking apart, if we go on like this, I'll give Tins 3/4 more games :city:

Why 3 or 4 more games? If we carry on like we have been so far this season that will result in another 5 or 6 points and having played 35/36 games.

Haven't we played enough games by now to make an informed decision regarding the calibre of the management team?

Some good points alwaysa BB but if after nearly 50 games in charge he still has no idea what (a) his best team is or (b) what his best formation and tactics are what is the point in continuing this costly and pointelss experiment.

Situation as i see it is this -

1) He doesnt have a clue what his best 11 are. Actually thats not right he knows what HIS best 11 is - sadly no-one else agrees with him and neither do the results he gets.

2) He has no idea what his best formation is. We've had 4-3-3, 4-4-2, 3-5-2, and now some kinda mix of everything with man in 'the hole'.

3)The players have little or no confidence in him. They look lost and downright confused every time they step on the pitch cause they think he has no idea what he's doing and thereofre don't know what they are doing themselves. Woodman Hill Coles and the Doc have all seen this (hence there bad attitudes which i don't condone but am beginning to understand) why cant SL. How long is ti before Wilkshire, Lita etc join that club by leaving this one.

They also seem absolutely petrified of making a mistake which is stifiling all the creativity out of the team. Pass it to 'sir' and let him get on with it. Its pathetic.

Even the young players who don't know any different can see he's rubbish - what message does it send to them when Murray and Bell get on the pitch every week and they don't??

To me thats absolutely no point in pursuing this for another 3/4 games SL should act and act now - if not to save this season but at least to giuve next year a fighting chance.

Guest Lennie Godber
SL sensibly stopped short of doing that on BCFC World, but it can't be far away.

In essence,we've slipped from a top three side,to one that can't get in the top six, moreover, doesn't look likely to, after today's results.

Is it mathematically possible?

Of course.

Is it in any way to be considered probable?

Not at all, based on current form.

Without beating about the bush, Tins really doesn't look up to the job, neither does he inspire much confidence.

Player for player,we're probably on a par with most clubs in this division, or better.

So, why aren't we doing it?

Well, I've liked the look of most of Tnmans targets and signings.I don't think anyone would object if the Board gave him the money to go and get Nelson & Wellens, two players we know he's made enquiries about or Evatt at Chesterfraud.

I've rated Ireland from day one and have no objections with Carey returning or Brooker, who's been an excellent signing.I'm sure if LL & SB had been up front last season or even just at the Millenium, we'd be in the Championship now.

No problems with Heffernan.

I was an advocate of Dinning until Sheff Weds and Tins must share my view because he's been out of the side a lot.

I hope Orr makes it, but he was probably a gamble(not expensive)worth taking and is more versatile and a better player that Joe Burnell, who he "replaced."

In fairness, some of the departures have been beyond his control,neither were some of them because of him.

Miller,amongst others, is doing well on loan and we could have a player returning confident, fit and in form.......or some dough.Win-Win.

Returning to the original question, I'd put it down to these factors

1.Poor team selection.

2.Poor tactics.Lack of width, crosses & penetration.

3.To much change, even during games and the players often seem confused.

4.Indiscipline.

It's easy to find fault and I hope you'll all agree that at least I suggest alternatives.

My advice going forward?

Decide how you want to play and build a squad that can play in that pattern, to the highest performance level.

That doesn't mean dogmatically believing in 4-4-2 or 3-5-2,OR THE HOLE, but you have to discover what works and, moreover, what works with the players at your disposal.

You don't need to be Brazil to win this Division.You do need to be organised, 100% fit,give 100% effort and everyone needs to fully understand their role.

If a player's out,you don't completly change track,you bring in a like for like replacement, always providing you're succesful with your chosen method.

If it still doesn't work?

Then it looks like a clear out of Tins and his back room staff and yet another new manager.

Looking around, there are some experienced guys around,some with experience at this level, out of work.

We missed out on George Burley, Brian Little, Paul Sturrock & Peter Taylor when they were available

John Aldridge or Ronnie Moore wouldn't cost a fortune and are used to working on a shoe string as our Board have clearly said all major signings will now be funded through transfer activity.

John Ward has done it before, WITH CITY and people like Dave Jones, who worked wonders with Stockport, are also available.

There are no guarantees,as Pulis showed brilliantly!

Either that or write this season off and start building for next.Whether that's with Tins, will, I think, be initially decided over the next five games.

Amen,

Not sure about Aldridge though. Do you really TRUST Lansdown to make a good appointment next time....after another famous 'interview.'

I hope you're right about the five games. Alas, City fall between two stools, won't go down, but, always a 'couple' of wins from the play-offs. As for anything Lansdown says..., should be regarded in the same way as when Sir Tim Rice or Parky start yacking on and on about cricket. Sure, they love the sport, but like SL never ever say anything worth hearing.

All the 'We' this and 'The squad' that in the paper / programme column / local radio makes me want to vomit. Advice to SL; mouth shut and onto other, proper tasks and issues at Ashton Gate. If he spent as much time looking for our new manager as he does either blithering on in the media or cradling our current manager he might win back some support and respect.

I think the team is lacking direction and organisation.

This is partly a problem with the players and their decision-making, but many of them were the same ones we had last year. So you have to conclude that the manager isnt giving proper direction to the team.

Its not enough to be passionate about the club and demand that the players follow his lead.

And yes - the constant changes to the first-team don't help.

An experienced manager would probably see this a hopelessly over-simplistic view of the situation, but thats how it appears to me.

Some good points alwaysa BB but if after nearly 50 games in charge he still has no idea what (a) his best team is or (b) what his best formation and tactics are what is the point in continuing this costly and pointelss experiment.

Situation as i see it is this -

1) He doesnt have a clue what his best 11 are. Actually thats not right he knows what HIS best 11 is - sadly no-one else agrees with him and neither do the results he gets.

2) He has no idea what his best formation is. We've had 4-3-3, 4-4-2, 3-5-2, and now some kinda mix of everything with man in 'the hole'.

3)The players have little or no confidence in him. They look lost and downright confused every time they step on the pitch cause they think he has no idea what he's doing and thereofre don't know what they are doing themselves. Woodman Hill Coles and the Doc have all seen this (hence there bad attitudes which i don't condone but am beginning to understand) why cant SL. How long is ti before Wilkshire, Lita etc join that club by leaving this one.

They also seem absolutely petrified of making a mistake which is stifiling all the creativity out of the team. Pass it to 'sir' and let him get on with it. Its pathetic.

Even the young players who don't know any different can see he's rubbish - what message does it send to them when Murray and Bell get on the pitch every week and they don't??

To me thats absolutely no point in pursuing this for another 3/4 games SL should act and act now - if not to save this season but at least to giuve next year a fighting chance.

Sadly, I feel you may be right, but SL won't push the button for another 2/3 games, unless we get slaughtered at Colchester and loose the next game at at home.

It's looming though, I can feel it.

Sadly, I feel you may be right, but SL won't push the button for another 2/3 games, unless we get slaughtered at Colchester and loose the next game at at home.

It's looming though, I can feel it.

The Colchester slaughter depends on Docherty, Wilkshire, and Coles. If they decide to turn up but not turn on for their pal Tins, then the score could be anything........now its in their hands, not Tins, and they know it.

The Colchester slaughter depends on Docherty, Wilkshire, and Coles. If they decide to turn up but not turn on for their pal Tins, then the score could be anything........now its in their hands, not Tins, and they know it.

I think the next two games are key.

Anything less than 4 points and it could be bye, bye, Brian!

I think the next two games are key.

Anything less than 4 points and it could be bye, bye, Brian!

Why the next two games? Haven't we seen enough in the previous 50 games of Tinnion's tenure to perhaps suggest a parting of the ways would be in order? What has changed since Friday for people to consider letting him have another 2 games in charge?

Archived