IGNORED

No Way John Ward

GTW

The biggest mistake Davidison made was extending Ward's contract before inevitably having to get rid of him. The man was never going to cut it.

We need to go forward not back, the only name from the past that would be worth considering is Joe Jordan. Of al the names mentioned thus far my vote would go for Neale Cooper.

However, first of all then fans have to help make their feelings clear at the next matches that we want Tins & Millen out!

I assure you Davidson may many worst mistakes than that.

Not with any malice of forethought,he was just a fan who got carried away and Pulis was by far the worst manager, closely followed by Lennartson.

On John Ward, let me get this straight:

John Ward came here and got us promoted in his first full season.He was just about getting a grip and turning it around after struggling in what is now the Championship, when he was ousted by a Chairman following a trend of empolying a foreign manager or head coach.

He didn't want to be a No2, then left to be a No2 at Wolves :city: which seemed odd, but that expereince would have been invaluable under Dave Jones, so to speak and he's doing well with nowt at Cheltenham, so why not bring him back?

Joe Jordan did very well in his first spell,then walked out AFTER signing a contract,couldn't replicate that form in his second spell, so bring HIM back :city:

Sorry, I just don't get that at all.

The biggest mistake Davidison made was extending Ward's contract before inevitably having to get rid of him. The man was never going to cut it.

We need to go forward not back, the only name from the past that would be worth considering is Joe Jordan. Of al the names mentioned thus far my vote would go for Neale Cooper.

However, first of all then fans have to help make their feelings clear at the next matches that we want Tins & Millen out!

Neale Cooper wouldnt want to come. One look at the league table says if Hartlepool win their games in hand they go second in the table!!! Automatic promotion is well within their reach.

If they don't go up maybe in the summer he might consider it but i don't think so.

Jordan is a maybe - but would he want to come back for the third time??

On John Ward, let me get this straight:

John Ward came here and got us promoted in his first full season.He was just about getting a grip and turning it around after struggling in what is now the Championship, when he was ousted by a Chairman following a trend of empolying a foreign manager or head coach.

He didn't want to be a No2, then left to be a No2 at Wolves :city: which seemed odd, but that expereince would have been invaluable under Dave Jones, so to speak and he's doing well with nowt at Cheltenham, so why not bring him back?

John Ward asked for help and walked because he didn't get the no 2 he requested (Ray/Mick Harford? the old one who wouldn't join us full time). Benny is old ground best left undisturbed again although I still feel he'd have done the job if he'd stayed.

Scott Davidson was against the appointment of Pulis, he had Peter Taylor ready to come to Ashton Gate, but was outvoted by the rest of the board at the time.

At least, that's how Scott explained it.............. :P

Guest Lennie Godber

I fully agree. Cooper or Dave Jones. But fast. As for Big Joe, I don't think I could look him in the eye for what City did to him last time.

Ward is a total non starter. People should be reminded that his promotion team had a spine of S.Taylor, Owers and Goater, all Joe Jordan signings. Once one was injured, another left and the third dumped on by Ward, City were doomed. Also, didn't he give Tommy and Jim Brennan their fist starts?

John Ward asked for help and walked because he didn't get the no 2 he requested (Ray/Mick Harford? the old one who wouldn't join us full time).

That was Ray Harford you're thinking of and he wanted way too much money to help Johnny boy.

Scott Davidson was against the appointment of Pulis, he had Peter Taylor ready to come to Ashton Gate, but was outvoted by the rest of the board at the time.

Absolutely spot on. Let's not forget that Laycock, Dawe, Gooch and LANSDOWN were the ones in favour of appointing Pulis.

As for re-appointing any former manager of the club... :city:

Off topic somewhat but does anyone else remember SL being a Spurs season ticket holder when he joined the City board? Or was that in a parallel universe?

Archived