IGNORED

We'll Win At Colchester

richwwtk

Bradley Orr and Tony Dinning shouldn't be let anywhere near a City midfield ever again - they are both shocking.

We will win at Colchester not only because Tommy will be back in midfield but hopefully it will see the return of our best player Luke Wilkshire. Murray will stay on the right (in my view he has been unfairly criticised on this forum all season). This side will be a lot better for the suspensions. My choice would be...

Phillips

Carey Ireland Fortune Bell

Murray Doherty Wilkshire Brown

Brooker Lita

subs - Heffernan, Gillespie, Goodfellow, Coles, Harley

Bradley Orr and Tony Dinning shouldn't be let anywhere near a City midfield ever again - they are both shocking.

We will win at Colchester not only because Tommy will be back in midfield but hopefully it will see the return of our best player Luke Wilkshire. Murray will stay on the right (in my view he has been unfairly criticised on this forum all season). This side will be a lot better for the suspensions. My choice would be...

Phillips

Carey    Ireland    Fortune    Bell

Murray    Doherty    Wilkshire  Brown

Brooker    Lita

While I appreciate people are trying to lift their spirits by suggesting their own XIs to turn the season round, the unavoidable problems at the heart of City's continuing clueless performances are the complete lack of tactics, formation and direction.

To stretch the point, 'Los Galacticos' could be picked, but without tactics, formation and direction, even they would struggle to put on a convincing performance.

We could pick the best XI from the supposed 'best squad in the division' but without tactical nous, the team are handicapped before they even take to the field.

It's like having a spanking brand-new, top of the range Roller and letting a retarded Chimp drive it! End result = disaster.

Phillips

Carey    Ireland    Fortune    Bell

Murray    Doherty    Wilkshire  Brown

Brooker    Lita

Are you serious? Murray and Bell are way past their best and should not start again this season, and Brown operates better from the right.

Bell is available, great news!!!

Probably a 4-0 or 5-0 away win then.

As Magilla rightly says its' the bloke currently in charge of tactics, selection and motivation that is the problem.

We are currently tenth, having inherited a side that was in with a 50-50 chance of promotion with ten minutes of the (dreadful) playoff final left, it would be virtually impossible for anyone to get us lower in this abysmal standard than we currently are.

Bell, whilst still a solid enough performer, is certainly past his best but with Danny Coles unlikely to play, meaning Clayton Fortune moving into the middle, who else is there to play on the left?

My point wasn't so much to do with my suggested lineup as to say that as far as I can see the suspensions next week will make us a much stronger side purely from the point of view that it will keep Orr and Dinning out.

maybe we will play better with "our leader" playing and dinning being out has got to be good news. Why not have wilkshire brown goodfellow and doc in midfield. Both brown and goodfellow can play on either wing. Wilks will then be in his prefered position in central midfield

Whenever I watch Goodfellow I can't help but think he looks too lightweight, and whilst he does seem to have the knack of making things happen I'd still prefer to see him being used off the bench when other teams are starting to tire

I agree :city: , he bottles every tackle, wins nothing in the air, {eat my words as he scored vs Hartlepool in playoff 2nd leg, and on debut vs notts county}, but, why should he have to play to those attributes, aaron brown was the same, but give him the ball and he'll cause the defenders problems, its just confidence at the moment, i dunno why considering what he did at Swansea. {another example of tinnions man management??}

I totally agree with your opinion of Dinning, however, Bradley Orr is worthy of his place. He works hard, has a measure of skill and puts himself about on the pitch. Murray should be dropped, he is low on confidence and needs a spell on the bench. I realise that Goddfellow is lightweight, but when Colchester came to AG we lacked the pace to get behind them, he may give us that option. Tinnion should put himself on the bench and recall Tommy, cant see it happening though.

Wilkshire - Orr - Doherty - Goodfellow.

Brown could also fill either wide slot.

I totally agree with your opinion of Dinning, however, Bradley Orr is worthy of his place.  He works hard, has a measure of skill and puts himself about on the pitch.  Murray should be dropped, he is low on confidence and needs a spell on the bench.  I realise that Goddfellow is lightweight, but when Colchester came to AG we lacked the pace to get behind them, he may give us that option.  Tinnion should put himself on the bench and recall Tommy, cant see it happening though.

Wilkshire - Orr - Doherty - Goodfellow.

Brown could also fill either wide slot.

Your forgetting Orr and Tinnion suspended on Saturday!

Archived