IGNORED

Coaching Staff Clear Out From Top To Bottom

headhunter

I've said on here before that we appear to havemore coaches than Peter Carol and to my mind none of them are doing a good job [perhaps with the exception of Walshy, but then I'm being sentimental.

In the last few days people have mentioned a lack of respect for those in charge and at least under Jordan we had someone who had been there and got the t=shirt so to speak [3 world cups, Prem Lge and Serie A].

Tinnion being put in charge was a bit like Hague keading the Tories - good bloke but got the top job too soon ;

Millen - GO now

Taylor - just what is your role ?? Defensive coach ?? Just takes up space on the bench.

Stowell - taxi coming for him on 31 May 05

In the academy : Clayton, Amos and Coleman - what are there credentials ? A few coaching badges ?

Tony Fawthrop - what did he ever do as a player ? Teflon Tony he should be called - he's survived Jordan twice, Lumsden, Smith, Osman, Ward, Lennartson, Pulis and Wilson. Is he the sage like figure that we have in our midst that we are all calling for ?? Er, No !

All out and replace with :

Director of Football : Gould [perhaps]

First team Coach : Gary Shelton [currently reserve team boss at WBA]

Assistant Coach : Alan Walsh

Football Academy Director : Tommy Hutchinson - great with kids doing a grand job as our Football in Community Head ; could offer a lot and has a good playing record.

no.2 in Academy : Russell Osman - can't fault his professionalism / playing record ; provides lodgings for some of the academy lads now.[ Wouldn't cost much as all he does now is co-commentating for Eurosport.

no problem on Saturdays with stretched resources - when did the reserves last play on this day ??

Radcial ?? do you agree ??

That line up has gor a lot more credibility than the current shower

I was OK until you got to Gould :grr: but I take your point!

Russell (Put 9 plus the keeper behind the ball and I've got no time for flair) Osman would probably make a great defensive coach because he was the most defensive manager I've ever seen at City.He made Mark McGhee look adventurous :grr:

I like Gary Shelton, but frankly, I could select a better more coherent looking team than Tinnion and don't start me off on tactics :city:

Another point.

You mention potential?

Just a thought.

When we can sign a journeyman centre half, who can't command a regular place at P'Boro and he's a far better PASSER of the ball, never mind defender, than the much vaunted Coles, Hill & Fortune.......Academy Scholars one & all......is there that much potential or are we all kidding ourselves about the quality of our squad?

I agree that if BT goes then the time's right to make the clear out you suggest, although the lAst time we did that we got PULIS :city:

The table doesn't lie.

WAKE UP ASHTON GATE

I've said on here before that we appear to havemore coaches than Peter Carol and to my mind none of them are doing a good job [perhaps with the exception of Walshy, but then I'm being sentimental.

In the last few days people have mentioned a lack of respect for those in charge and at least under Jordan we had someone who had been there and got the t=shirt so to speak [3 world cups, Prem Lge and Serie A].

Tinnion being put in charge was a bit like Hague keading the Tories - good bloke but got the top job too soon ;

Millen - GO now

Taylor - just what is your role ?? Defensive coach ?? Just takes up space on the bench.

Stowell - taxi coming for him on 31 May 05

In the academy : Clayton, Amos and Coleman - what are there credentials ? A few coaching badges ?

Tony Fawthrop - what did he ever do as a player ? Teflon Tony he should be called - he's survived Jordan twice, Lumsden, Smith, Osman, Ward, Lennartson, Pulis and Wilson. Is he the sage like figure that we have in our midst that we are all calling for ?? Er, No !

All out and replace with :

Director of Football : Gould [perhaps]

First team Coach : Gary Shelton [currently reserve team boss at WBA]

Assistant Coach : Alan Walsh

Football Academy Director : Tommy Hutchinson - great with kids doing a grand job as our Football in Community Head ; could offer a lot and has a good playing record.

no.2 in Academy : Russell Osman - can't fault his professionalism / playing record ; provides lodgings for some of the academy lads now.[ Wouldn't cost much as all he does now is co-commentating for Eurosport.

no problem on Saturdays with stretched resources - when did the reserves last play on this day ??

Radcial ?? do you agree ??

That line up has gor a lot more credibility than the current shower

I agree with your sentiments - most definitely. Our coaching staff are not capable of realising potential. I would have a bet with anyone now that Matt Hil will be TWICE the player in 12 months time with Preston than when he left us.

The whole club, not just selected players, are in the comfort zone and the coaching staff are some of the biggest offenders. Shaun Taylor was a disaster as reserve team manager - was he thrown out of the club? No, here you go Shaun, have a nice little coaching job. Shaun, you must know that Fortune is not tough enough, but hey, you do nothing until the Manager complains about it.

Millen is clearly not assistant manager material although he is rumoured to be a half decent coach. Could someone tell me what Walsh actually does? And how are the Acedemy getting on these days - stupid question, getting stuffed every week but no doubt playing football the "right way".

Guest PriceMaster

I agree with most of your statements. But the clear out should also include board members who fail to contribute. Archie Gooch stop dangling the carrot give us some of your elusive cash or just f###k off!!!!

I agree with most of your statements.  But the clear out should also include board members who fail to contribute.  Archie Gooch stop dangling the carrot give us some of your elusive cash or just f###k off!!!!

Why chuck more money at it? We have good enough players, they just aren't playing for each other or the club.

Tony Fawthrop - what did he ever do as a player ?

Jose Mourinho, Arsene Wenger? really successful players :unsure: . Bobby Charlton greatest player I ever saw live, couldn't manage the front door at Preston. :)

Sorry the point I am trying to make is that I would rather have someone who has credentials in the area they are working in rather than the area they usedto work in.

Successful players don't necessarily make successful managers.

Guest tigeroldboy
Jose Mourinho, Arsene Wenger? really successful players :unsure: . Bobby Charlton greatest player I ever saw live, couldn't manage the front door at Preston. :)

Sorry the point I am trying to make is that I would rather have someone who has credentials in the area they are working in rather than the area they usedto work in.

Successful players don't necessarily make successful managers.

Tigers fan here again. I have an interst as to where you are coming from here. At our place we have 'nice guys' doing the job at youth level but we have produced no regulars in the first team for 7 years, that tells me as a supporter a big message, those in place are not doing it. It tells the Chairman nothing as they are genuine, honest guys. Bull i am afraid.

I note one of the replies says a few coaching badges, well I have the full deck and believe you me it does not guarantee you any role, ive had to work for all mine. I have seen numerous ex pros who get the A licence and they cannot coach, its all cliches and phrases from the game. There are however many superb ex pros coaching, our manager for one. I believe youth teams get those who will work for a few quid with nice guys looking after them(usually mates of the manager or chairman).

I was OK until you got to Gould :grr: but I take your point!

Russell (Put 9 plus the keeper behind the ball and I've got no time for flair) Osman would probably make a great defensive coach because he was the most defensive manager I've ever seen at City.He made Mark McGhee look adventurous :)

Wasn't Russell Osman Manager when we went to Anfield and beat Liverpool, and we made plenty of chances in that game. :unsure:

Archived