IGNORED

People Not Renewing Season Tickets

And Its Smith

I cant work out whether it angers or saddens me that people threaten to not renew their season tickets.

1. Ashton Gate and Bristol City have been an absolutely massive part of my life and will continue to be no matter what division we are playing in, what style of football we are playing, what formation we play or what manager is in charge.

2. We are a LEAGUE ONE club, not a Championship club. We have spent about 9 of the last 14 years in this division(someone please correct me if I'm wrong) and that makes us a League One club. We have no divine right to go up.

3. God knows we have had bad managers in the past and maybe we do have one now but for christ's sake give the bloke a chance. There is no point putting him under extra pressure. He knows we are not playing well and is trying to turn it round. Tinnion was hardly going to turn the job down, if you were offered promotion at your work I'd doubt you'd say no to it.

4. Maybe a mistake was made in sacking Wilson but virtually all the fans wanted it. Maybe the chairman saw Tinnion as the best replacement out of all the candidates. We do not know who applied for the job but if was people like Chris Kamara, Bobby Gould and the like then I'm glad we got Tinnion.

5. Watching Friday's performance was very, very hard and I don't mind fans booing if they feel the need to but please carry on going down the ground and showing at least that you support the club through thick and thin.

If people want to abandon this club when they could support it then thats fine. Perhaps some of us care more than others but I know for sure that I will not be jumping ship at the end of this season.

I cant work out whether it angers or saddens me that people threaten to not renew their season tickets. 

1.  Ashton Gate and Bristol City have been an absolutely massive part of my life and will continue to be no matter what division we are playing in, what style of football we are playing, what formation we play or what manager is in charge.

2.  We are a LEAGUE ONE club, not a Championship club.  We have spent about 9 of the last 14 years in this division(someone please correct me if I'm wrong) and that makes us a League One club. We have no divine right to go up.

3.  God knows we have had bad managers in the past and maybe we do have one now but for christ's sake give the bloke a chance.  There is no point putting him under extra pressure.  He knows we are not playing well and is trying to turn it round.  Tinnion was hardly going to turn the job down, if you were offered promotion at your work I'd doubt you'd say no to it.

4.  Maybe a mistake was made in sacking Wilson but virtually all the fans wanted it.  Maybe the chairman saw Tinnion as the best replacement out of all the candidates.  We do not know who applied for the job but if was people like Chris Kamara, Bobby Gould and the like then I'm glad we got Tinnion.

5.  Watching Friday's performance was very, very hard and I don't mind fans booing if they feel the need to but please carry on going down the ground and showing at least that you support the club through thick and thin.

If people want to abandon this club when they could support it then thats fine.  Perhaps some of us care more than others but I know for sure that I will not be jumping ship at the end of this season.

It should sadden not anger you. Our crowds could well dip to 8,000 next year and it is loyal, hard core supporters who have reached the end of their tether.

People are completely fed up, remember for many the abject performance at the Millennium was nearly the final straw, and with the half hearted performances continuing this season you can hardly blame people for doing what they probably thought was the unthinkable.

Then there's the decisions being made on staff which seem unfathomable - for me it was Roberts, the entertainer, being got rid of. For others it appears to be the treatment of Doherty/ Coles etc.

I can't imagine not getting a season ticket next year but something drastic needs to be done to improve the entertainment value because it will be difficult to contemplate having the enthusiasm if we get many more performances like we've had to suffer recently. Losing i can take, being bored and fuming at uninspired play and aparently uninterested players week after week, is much harder.

Apparently we've won just one of our last 7 home matches, that was against Peterbrough. I remember even that as being such a dreadful game that i could hardly be excited by the goals, and the other 6 have been abysmal.

I always get the enthusiasm back by August, but like many i suspect i wouldn't mind if this season finished tomorrow, which makes this season's investment very close to a waste of money. Others, understandably, are not such forgiving gluttons for punishment as you and me so the club had better quickly outline very credible and genuine reasons why fans could reasonably expect a huge improvement next season.

I shall be renewing my season ticket next season. Those who choose not to must accept that they will be contributing to City's downfall. Our Club relies on season ticket sales.

I was bitterly disappointed on Friday but I will remain loyal in spite of everything. Sometimes I think the team are not worthy of my loyalty or support, but they'll get it no matter what.

Good luck Brian, you'll prove us wrong,

BS4

It should sadden not anger you. Our crowds could well dip to 8,000 next year and it is loyal, hard core supporters who have reached the end of their tether.

People are completely fed up, remember for many the abject performance at the Millennium was nearly the final straw, and with the half hearted performances continuing this season you can hardly blame people for doing what they probably thought was the unthinkable.

Then there's the decisions being made on staff which seem unfathomable - for me it was Roberts, the entertainer, being got rid of. For others it appears to be the treatment of Doherty/ Coles etc.

I can't imagine not getting a season ticket next year but something drastic needs to be done to improve the entertainment value because it will be difficult to contemplate having the enthusiasm if we get many more performances like we've had to suffer recently. Losing i can take, being bored and fuming at uninspired play and aparently uninterested players week after week, is much harder.

Apparently we've won just one of our last 7 home matches, that was against Peterbrough. I remember even that as being such a dreadful game that i could hardly be excited by the goals, and the other 6 have been abysmal.

I always get the enthusiasm back by August, but like many i suspect i wouldn't mind if this season finished tomorrow, which makes this season's investment very close to a waste of money. Others, understandably, are not such forgiving gluttons for punishment as you and me so the club had better quickly outline very credible and genuine reasons why fans could reasonably expect a huge improvement next season.

ive been reading the forums and with all the posts/threads over the last couple of days this has to be the BEST post i have read on here.

i think it gives a very honest insight as to why people will have more reason to stay away from the gate.

i was a season ticket holder but i had to sell it due to me having a new job which involved working on weekends.with the dire performances which have been shown I'm glad I'm not going to be honest.had i not have got my new job,i would still have my season ticket and would still be attending matches (as ive already paid for them) however,if i had to pay 20 quid(at least)a match to see that crap,then it would be a different matter.for me there are many reasons why i wouldnt go.sale of roberts,not playing certain players,tactics etc.its easy to 'slag' off the people who vote with their feet because they're not 'diehard' or 'loyal' however at the end of the day,its your time,your money,your life.we all love the club,but something needs to be done.some people will still pay their hard earned cash to watch the club,others wont.some people believe boycotting matches will make a difference,others don't.

If we end up 10th or worse, with no major changes, we could drop by 2000 a game. Without food, drinks, and the shop thats a loss of around 1 Million pounds in revenue. SL and the board would be aware of that, and how that loss would affect future team building. That loss would firmly nail us in the current division for at least 3 years unless some major investors came in. Any move has to be sooner rather than later, to give an incoming manager time to assess his players under 5-10 match conditions this season.

I shall be renewing my season ticket next season. Those who choose not to must accept that they will be contributing to City's downfall. Our Club relies on season ticket sales.

I was bitterly disappointed on Friday but I will remain loyal in spite of everything. Sometimes I think the team are not worthy of my loyalty or support, but they'll get it no matter what.

Good luck Brian, you'll prove us wrong,

BS4

No, i'm afraid it's the player's that lead to me not getting a season ticket, which in turn leads to our downfall. Disgraceful performances on the pitch when we have a very decent squad are just not good enough.

Guest Tactical Genius
No, i'm afraid it's the player's that lead to me not getting a season ticket, which in turn leads to our downfall. Disgraceful performances on the pitch when we have a very decent squad are just not good enough.

You'll be alright though, you've got Arsenal to fall back on. Oh, wait a minute....

Archived