IGNORED

Luke Wilkshire

Ian M

• Admin

Mark Schwarzer, who was in the same Aussie squad as Luke, has stated that he arrived back in England on Friday morning after 15 hours of travelling back from South Africa (and the time he was up for prior to travelling back), does anyone seriously think Luke would have performed any better than those on the pitch (I won't say those who "played") on Friday night having been in the same travelling party as Schwarzer?

I am merely putting this forward as a lot of forum users have used his ommision as proof that he is involved in a rift with Tinnion.

I suspect that Tins will have no qualms about reinstating him in the side on Saturday.

He didn't start against Chesterfield or Hull either. Were we just doing Australia a favour by keeping him fresh?

Indeed, I hadn't heard or read any rumours that there has been a rift but I

would be interested to know why he has been left out prior to the Warsaw

match. I was aware that the Aussies weren't back until Friday morning so

didn't expect Luke to start that game.

I think not starting him on Friday was understandable and indicitive of nothing other than South Africa's a bloody long way away. I personally may have had him on the bench as an option for the last 20 if things were going badly - but then i'd have had freezer on the bench so what do I know!!!! I mean its only like 2 or 3 times he's come of the bench to win a game for us.

The rumours with Wilks come more from the fact he was unused sub at Hull and only played last 20 agaisnt C'Fraud as well as coming off after an hour against H'Pool.

He seems to have lost his place in the team at around the time we all looked into his eyes - hence rumours that he to may also be on his way. Having already (although sometime ago) expressed his annoyance at being stuck down here in Div 3 its not surprising the rumour mill works overtime on him.

On a side note however, he is without any doubt in my mind our best player and so why Tins continues to pick himself over Wilks I really cant fathom. I mean for gods sake even when he was rubbish last year he still created more goals than any other player. He also created the goal at Tranny - our only win since new years day.

Why Tins isn't playing him but instead picking himself to then be replaced by the equally ineffective Dinning just despairs me.

• Admin
He didn't start against Chesterfield or Hull either. Were we just doing Australia a favour by keeping him fresh?

I didn't go to the Hull game but I was informed by those who did that it turned out to be a very phsyical game? I suspect that this may have had a bearing on him only being picked as a sub for that game.

I agree he should have played against Chesterfield.

However he has started 25 games this season having missed the start due to the Olympics and when not starting is usually a used substitute.

As I said, I'm merely posting all this because a lot of the threads are now having comments linking Wilkshire with Coles & Doherty since he was left out of the squad to face Walsall and assuming this is down to a rift I don't believe is there.

Guest Tactical Genius
I didn't go to the Hull game but I was informed by those who did that it turned out to be a very phsyical game? I suspect that this may have had a bearing on him only being picked as a sub for that game.

Then why allocate that place in the side to allow Brown to make his debut?

• Admin
Then why allocate that place in the side to allow Brown to make his debut?

Because Brown, despite being a younger player, puts himself about a lot more?

I'm not saying for sure, I am not BT, and despite the insinuations of one family of posters on here, do not have a direct line to reach him on.....I am merely putting forward a theory. :unsure:

Guest Harry May

Reminds me of the time we were playing Blackpool at The Gate , a few years back.

Jim Brennen was away on international duty for Canada . It was a boiling hot summer day , and City were struggling against a stubborn defence. I think we were drawing 2-2 at the time. JB arrives in a taxi from Heathrow .He gets on the pitch with about 20 mins to go.We end up winning 5-2 , and he has a hand in all 3 goals.

Happy days.

Caldicot Red.

• Admin
Reminds me of the time we were playing Blackpool at The Gate , a few years back.

Jim Brennen was away on international duty for Canada . It was a boiling hot summer day , and City were struggling against a stubborn defence. I think we were drawing 2-2 at the time. JB arrives in a taxi from Heathrow .He gets on the pitch with about 20 mins to go.We end up winning 5-2 , and he has a hand in all 3 goals.

Happy days.

Caldicot Red.

....and leaves the following week to join Nottm Forest? :unsure:

I think not starting him on Friday was understandable and indicitive of nothing other than South Africa's a bloody long way away.

10-12 hours from Johannesburg, say two hours from Durban or Cape Town, and the letlag is minimal, as they are two hours ahead- nothing flying business Class, via BA, SAA or Compost, sorry Qantas,.

Oh yeah 2 hours max from Gatwick,or Theifrow to Brizzle...reckon he could have played part of the game meself, and been some inspiration.-Unless he was injured of course, which I've not heard

10-12 hours from Johannesburg, say two hours from Durban or Cape Town, and the letlag is minimal, as they are two hours ahead- nothing flying business Class, via BA, SAA or Compost, sorry Qantas,.

Oh yeah 2 hours max from Gatwick,or Theifrow to Brizzle...reckon he could have played part of the game meself, and been some inspiration.-Unless he was injured of course, which I've not heard

According to Schwarzer who i assume was on the same travel schedule reckons 15 hours back early friday. Assuming he flew back up north both thier travelling times should work out roughly same.

No reason really with a bit of kip why he shouldnt have been on bench - i can only assume he was left out as he had missed last weeks tactical masterclass and wouldnt be able to cope with complex tactical plan put in place to defeat the mighty walsall.

Archived