IGNORED

Kit Colour

Percy Parrot

someone on the ask SteveL forum asked about changing back to red and white kit because all red brought us no luck.

What do people think- personally I think all red is far far nicer.

If you blame the colour of the kit on us being crap then we would have to go skins because we are generally rubbish wearing red, white, gold, black, yellow, purple, green, blue or pink and orange stripes!

I'm sure one of our older fans can put me right on this, but I thought it was the all-red kit which was the traditional one ?

(unless you go way back to the days when one of our founding-clubs wore dark-blue...)

I'm happy sticking with the all-red, but to be perfectly honest I really don't care that much as both have a history with our club.

Just don't bring back the purple and lime green !

I'm sure one of our older fans can put me right on this, but I thought it was the all-red kit which was the traditional one ?

(unless you go way back to the days when one of our founding-clubs wore dark-blue...)

I'm happy sticking with the all-red, but to be perfectly honest I really don't care that much as both have a history with our club.

Just don't bring back the purple and lime green !

One of your "older fans" putting you right....ALWAYS was red & white.In fact until about '64 the only shorts worn anywhere were Black, White or Navey Blue. Then these bloody poncey foreign teams started wearing one colour strips and that was it!

someone on the ask SteveL forum asked about changing back to red and white kit because all red brought us no luck.

What do people think- personally I think all red is far far nicer.

If you blame the colour of the kit on us being crap then we would have to go skins because we are generally rubbish wearing red, white, gold, black, yellow, purple, green, blue or pink and orange stripes!

Skins with rushback goalies and jumpers for goalposts would at least see some entertainment returning back to the Gate!!

One of your "older fans" putting you right....ALWAYS was red & white.In fact until about '64 the only shorts worn anywhere were Black, White or Navey Blue. Then these bloody poncey foreign teams started wearing one colour strips and that was it!

Thanks 'old fan' :unsure: .

'' we are the boys in red and white, we love to sing and we (don't) love to fight any more, because were older and wiser''

But we could now sing ''we are the boys in red and red, the games are so boring we might as well have stayed home in bed'' :Sleep12:

Guest mesa boogie
Skins with rushback goalies and jumpers for goalposts would at least see some entertainment returning back to the Gate!!

I'm all for "Glass Hand" down the mem, 11 out field.

Guest MaloneFM

Football isn't it? Jumpers for goalposts...small boys...Michael Jackson hiding in a bush in a trenchcoat...bag of sweets...cheeky smile...endearing image..isn't it?

Archived