IGNORED

Joe Anyinsah Returns

Scrumpymeup

From the BBC Website:

Anyinsah returns to Ashton Gate

Joe Anyinsah returns to Bristol City after the club refuse Hereford's request to extend his loan spell.

"Hereford asked to keep him for another month," manager Brian Tinnion told the club's official website.

"But with suspensions and other players out on loan we need him here at Bristol City at the moment."

The 20-year-old winger could go into City's squad for their game against Colchester on Saturday if he recovers from a knock sustained at Hereford.

I haven't seen much of Joe this season but could he replace Murray on the right and offer us the service the forwards are missing?

If he is fit would he feature in anyone's starting 11?

From the BBC Website:

I haven't seen much of Joe this season but could he replace Murray on the right and offer us the service the forwards are missing?

If he is fit would he feature in anyone's starting 11?

Replace Murray? wash your mouth out with soap young man, you know thats not allowed. :D

If he plays I hope for his sake that we don't concede any goals, otherwise he will join the list of other one game wonders this season. He might feel he was better off at Hereford

Why not play Anyinsah in his proper position on the left. Surely we now need to seriously look at next season. 10 or so games in the first team this season would surely be a good investment for next season.

The kid is obviously good enough to play at the top of the Conference (Hereford asked to extend his loan) so why not give him a few games in the third division and hope that he learns quickly.

Why not play Anyinsah in his proper position on the left. Surely we now need to seriously look at next season. 10 or so games in the first team this season would surely be a good investment for next season.

The kid is obviously good enough to play at the top of the Conference (Hereford asked to extend his loan) so why not give him a few games in the third division and hope that he learns quickly.

I quite agree, what worries me is that Tinns record in this respect is as follows...

Ignore the player, until they are short of match practice.

Send them on loan to "get match practice"

Give in to fan pressure and bring them back when they do well.

Play them once or put them on the bench for a game.

drop them and ignore them all over again.

I would love to think he would say to Joe (or any other player) "you've got at least three games, I will assess the situation after that" The evidence of that so far is sparse to say the least.

I would love to think he would say to Joe (or any other player) "you've got at least three games, I will assess the situation after that" The evidence of that so far is sparse to say the least.

But isn't that the hard thing with these situations?

Look around out most of our fans at the moment and I honestly don't know how many would wait around for Anyinsah, or any other player, to have time to 'find their feet' in the first team.

It would probably be beneficial for Tinman and City for new players to have time, but time is something Tinman doesn't really have at the moment.

You cant help but feel sorry for players that come into the side, don't make an immediate impact, and are dropped again; but isnt that the way football in general is nowadays?

He was a big hit with the fans, here are some of the comments:

Joe was brilliant for us and may well have set the team and squad up for the run-in to the playoff places in creating and inspiring confidence.

Best of luck at Bristol, Joe, and hope to see you back at the Street sooner rather than later.

We looked really settled with joe on the wing,such a shame he has had to go back to Bristol City.Good luck to Joe, Big thanks from us and hope to see you back soon.(fingers

crossed).

Good luck to Joe. Cracking player. Always looked dangerous on the break. Hope to have him back at Edgar Street in the future

Looks like he made a great impression on the supporters, like is has been said he deserves a chance but will he get it? :@

It would probably be beneficial for Tinman and City for new players to have time, but time is something Tinman doesn't really have at the moment.

You cant help but feel sorry for players that come into the side, don't make an immediate impact, and are dropped again; but isnt that the way football in general is nowadays?

I said two games ago, that the opportunity is there to admit we have blown it for this season and move on.

That level of honesty would allow you the opportunity to use the last 14 games of this season to play, assess and decide on the fringe players in the squad. This would give us a big advantage next season.

I said two games ago, that the opportunity is there to admit we have blown it for this season and move on.

That level of honesty would allow you the opportunity to use the last 14 games of this season to play, assess and decide on the fringe players in the squad. This would give us a big advantage next season.

I sort of agree with what you're saying.

But quite honestly, with the money I've spent on my season ticket, I wouldnt find using the rest of the season as an extended pre-season acceptable, until our chance of promotion is mathimatically impossible.

I sort of agree with what you're saying.

But quite honestly, with the money I've spent on my season ticket, I wouldnt find using the rest of the season as an extended pre-season acceptable, until our chance of promotion is mathimatically impossible.

And I sort of agree with you however; given the choice of watching the last two home fridays repeated and watching some fresh players testing themselves against competitive option (it won't be pre season to them) I'll take the latter.

Anyway if it worked it might be our best road back into the shake up. :D

Damn, I can't quite kill all the optimism inside me even now...... :(

And I sort of agree with you however; given the choice of watching the last two home fridays repeated and watching some fresh players testing themselves against competitive option (it won't be pre season to them) I'll take the latter.

Anyway if it worked it might be our best road back into the shake up. :D

Damn, I can't quite kill all the optimism inside me even now...... :(

Its the eternal optimism thing :P

I'm sure there is nothing the fans would like more then a team of bristolian youngsters coming into the side and running riot, but there is also the fear that throwing them into league action now could actually hinder as much as help.

Tinman did the same sort of thing at the start of the season, dropping some of the established players and bringing in the likes of Harley and Anyinsah, but he found pretty fast that he had to bring the established players back when results faltered.

If our season was well and truly over and I would probably agree to the sort of 'big shake up' you suggest.

But, despite everything my head is saying, I cant quite rule out my heart telling me that our season isn't quite done yet.

If, however, our current fringe players were more suitable for the first team now, I'd be all for bringing them in. I'm sure we can all see some players just aren't performing.

Replace Murray? wash your mouth out with soap young man, you know thats not allowed. :D

If he plays I hope for his sake that we don't concede any goals, otherwise he will join the list of other one game wonders this season. He might feel he was better off at Hereford

The BCFC release also quotes Tins as saying, we did not get the ball to Murray enough against Walsall!!!!!!!! What does that tell you. It tells me that Murray will be one of his first picks. He will probably find an excuse to pick Bell. With Goodfellow being held for randsom, and Anyinsah back and match fit why would we need another left field loaner for one game. Gillespie and Goodfellow were called back and their comments show they would sooner be out and playing instead of BBB'S[bristol Bench Boys].

Archived