IGNORED

Right Footers On The

Bristol Boy

One of Tins few tactical successes, that I'll freely admit that I wouldn't have tried in a million years, was LW wide on the left, from where he scored 8 goals, by coming inside. :(

Whilst I agree with the thrust of Tins comments about left sided players (Has he forgotten Goodfellow & Amyinsah??)and width, I wonder does he also realise that Wilkshire should be given a run in the centre of midfield in order that the said wide players actually get the ball :(

I agree that our attacking players were given abysmall service aginst Walsall (actually it's been consistently poor, all season)but that service is provided by the midfield players in a good side and not from long aimless hoofs from the back on a windy night :D

If we have width & pace, the attackers need the ball in front of them so that we can utilise their pace whilst 1/2 midfilders get pst the ball to support them.

This is all basic stuff and Tins has played wide AND used to get past the ball in his younger days.

Agreed.

Doc and Wilks as central midfield partnership for as many consecutive matches as possible i.e. until Doc gets banned again.

Murray is taking loads of stick at the mo some deserved but much not. Wingers are always hot or cold. Goodfellow struggles with defencive duties and Anyinsah needs more experience IMO so lets see what Tins can muster from the loans department.......

ureds

Even when Lukey boy was scoring for fun I said square peg in a round hole, long term a right footer on the left can't work.

Tinns has sussed out that out now though is it too late?

Good points.

Tins doesn't think LW does enough away and doesn't always "put a foot in."

Half way through the season, things like that get sussed by the opposition and it's easy to plan against.

That having been said, so far we've lacked any improvement on that tactic :D

Agreed.

Doc and Wilks as central midfield partnership for as many consecutive matches as possible i.e. until Doc gets banned again.

Murray is taking loads of stick at the mo some deserved but much not. Wingers are always hot or cold. Goodfellow struggles with defencive duties and Anyinsah needs more experience IMO so lets see what Tins can muster from the loans department.......

ureds

Agree with Doc and Wilks, two internationals in the midfield. Murray has been cold and getting colder for 3 months, needs to retire along with Bell and Tins. Goodfellow is a liitle limp , and Anyinsah wont get experience sitting on a bench. We have nothing to lose by giving him some matches on the left.Loans we don't need, its time to trial the current squad for next season. This season has been dead for a month, most good judges know that.

Archived