IGNORED

Players Forced Apology

Keepers Ball

On Saturday Weymouth got hammered three-nil at home to Welling.Weymouth manager Steve Johnson(Brother of Andy) refused to let his players off.......by making them apologise....within minutes of the final whistle.Players were made to apologise to fans as they were leaving the ground !

Makes you think does'nt it ?

Suicidal...... as a Bristol City fan....... I'd like to say sorry :(

:D

Well my original post on this thread was in reply to your post! That'll teach them to play badly! I apologise for poor humour.

I've been to Ashton Gate many times and I can honestly say I'd never make players make on pitch apologies... They'd be skinned alive.

Abit like the Sheff Wed players after the "man knocked out" incident... Without the bouncers!

Apologising to the fans at Weymouth as they leave the ground is all very well as, with the greatest of respect, there aint that many of 'em.

Would it work in front of 10,000 (soon to be 8000) fans at AG?? Probably not. As Rich says think the Sheff Wed lynch mob but x50.

However what would make a change is instead of the players, and the manager and the chairman going on the website during the week, and saying we just lacked a bit of quality, and they played well, and it was a bit windy and raining, and we're all working hard to get it better next week they just came out and said.....

'I'm sorry - we were awful - we were absolute shirt and I apologise to each and every one of our loyal fans for turning up in these number in that weather to watch us turn out a display that was unacceptable in every single way'

That would also be a pleasant change to indirectly saying home form is partly our fault as we put too much pressure on them!!!

One of my biggest single gripes with Wilson over the years was that he never apologised for Blackpool. Irrantional i know.

Well my original post on this thread was in reply to your post! That'll teach them to play badly! I apologise for poor humour.

I've been to Ashton Gate many times and I can honestly say I'd never make players make on pitch apologies... They'd be skinned alive.

Abit like the Sheff Wed players after the "man knocked out" incident... Without the bouncers!

Makes a change from your lot, they usually apologise BEFORE the start "For what you're about to receive , may we be truly sorry!" :D

Archived