IGNORED

Emotional Rollercoaster

arpaul

Did anyone else think their computer had caught fire when reading about the peoples Chumpion hanging up his boots ?

Don't panic, it's just another Tinnion smokescreen to deflect the mounting criticism of his shambolic reign of terror.

I heard the news on Radio Bristol this afternoon, and I must admit my adrenalin was flowing when the reporter announces; Breaking news from Ashton Gate today that manager Brian Tinnion has announced he is to quit (fan blo*dy tastic-I thought)..from playing and will concentrate on his managerial career (Bo**ocks)

Do us a favour Mr Tinnion, GO the whole hog and leave before you do lasting damage to MY club. Half way house isn't good enough. We can see through your smokescreen.

Did anyone else think their computer had caught fire when reading about the peoples Chumpion hanging up his boots ?

Don't panic, it's just another Tinnion smokescreen to deflect the mounting criticism of his shambolic reign of terror.

I heard the news on Radio Bristol this afternoon, and I must admit my adrenalin was flowing when the reporter announces; Breaking news from Ashton Gate today that manager Brian Tinnion has announced he is to quit (fan blo*dy tastic-I thought)..from playing and will concentrate on his managerial career (Bo**ocks)

Do us a favour Mr Tinnion, GO the whole hog and leave before you do lasting damage to MY club. Half way house isn't good enough. We can see through your smokescreen.

As per usual arpaul,no fence sitting here. :D

The Tinnion PR wagon has been in full flow today.

EP summoned for audience with the boss.

How cringing was that article ? :(

As someone said 'talk the talk' - but after 12 comfy years at this club BT has tried to deflect his inabilities to influences from within.

Has obviously spoken to his 'new mate' Steve Bruce who has experienced player issues.

The club will give BT every chance to get this right. But lets hope we can smile come May whether it be with or without the 'fans Chumpion'

I think you should now give him three games in charge at least, to see if the side improves with him on the sidelines, I doubt you will as you seem to have it in for Tinnion personally Arpaul, don't know why?

It annoys me that he thinks he is some living legend of Bristol City.

Twelve years of mediocrity, never complaing about the "comfort zone" during his playing years. :(

Played all but two(3 seasons most)in this division, and in all that time, none of the managers he sucked up to could see enough leadership qualities in him to make him captain. :(

Lives on the memory of 1 "glory goal". :laugh:

That sums up his playing career :D

As a manager, he inherited a squad that missed promotion by one point. And from there has managed to drag the club back four years with his inimitable style of mismanagement, tactical naivity, and lack of any kind of leadership style/quality. :laugh:

We have become a laughing stock and will soon be overhauled by Yeovil as the Wests premier team. Thank you Brian Tinnion-The peoples Chumpion :laugh:

I cannot believe what i am reading. seriously I cant.

The sad thing is that i think the one person who has the desire to succed and take us up is Tinnion. I never in a million years thought we would go up this season, and to now read these comments is shocking.

The players suck. Players like Coles, Doherty and Dinning have not put in the performances we need to get out of this division. We show it against teams like Hull, however when it comes to games like Chesterfield they suck - seriously suck. Tinnion needs time to stamp his mark on this team, it was never going to be a task of "picking the same team as Wilson and we will go up", we all knew that this was what has been called the transitional season.

Ok he has made some mistakes tactically, and maybe he does need a better equipped number 2. But sadly, it seems that now personal insults towards Tinnion are now the flavour of the day. That is what saddens me the most.

Really??

Um, I think you better go and tell Tinnion and Lansdown that!

Oh come on! Seriously, you honestly in your heart of hearts thought we would go up this season?

With Peacock, Brown, Carey, Hill and the majority of the backroom staff out of the door, what did you think was going to happen? It was going to all fall into place?

Oh come on!  Seriously, you honestly in your heart of hearts thought we would go up this season?

Ahahaha, honestly.

I actually tipped us for a bottom half finish, possibly even relegation at the stat of the season and this was mainly due to the appointment of Tinnion as manager.

Had Wilson stayed in charge, we undoubtedly would've kept some of those players you mention and I probably would've fancied us to go one step further and be promoted.

The point that I'm making however, is that Lansdown appointed Tinnion because he thought that he would get us to finish in the top 2...stop laughing!

Of equal hilarity was Tinnions statement (I can't be bothered to quote him) that he felt he was the man for the job and could get us up in his first season in charge or at least that was his aim.

So, if you see what I'm saying - this season was not meant to be a transitional one! Are you happy with the current state of affairs? Was it not reasonable to expect that after 2 years finishing 3rd we could build on that? Consolidate at least!

And by the way - this season a transitional season???? If you count ripping apart our squad, denting moral and playing awful football as transitional? I count it as going BACKWARDS.

Ahahaha, honestly.

I actually tipped us for a bottom half finish, possibly even relegation at the stat of the season and this was mainly due to the appointment of Tinnion as manager.

Had Wilson stayed in charge, we undoubtedly would've kept some of those players you mention and I probably would've fancied us to go one step further and be promoted.

The point that I'm making however, is that Lansdown appointed Tinnion because he thought that he would get us to finish in the top 2...stop laughing!

Of equal hilarity was Tinnions statement (I can't be bothered to quote him) that he felt he was the man for the job and could get us up in his first season in charge or at least that was his aim.

So, if you see what I'm saying - this season was not meant to be a transitional one! Are you happy with the current state of affairs? Was it not reasonable to expect that after 2 years finishing 3rd we could build on that? Consolidate at least!

And by the way - this season a transitional season???? If you count ripping apart our squad, denting moral and playing awful football as transitional? I count it as going BACKWARDS.

Sorry mate, had a meeting to go to, shall we continue?

I can see your points, however whether Tinnion would of been in charge or Wilson, i think something had to change. Carey and Brown went for more money, and Peacock was hounded by the fans, thanks to the manager that picked him week in week out.

If Wilson had played Lita a little more often, we could be sitting quite comfortably in the championship.

Am i happy with the current state of affairs? Obviously not with our league position, but the changes that are happening i feel are for the good. Coles and Doherty needed a kick up the backside and it frightens me that an inexperienced manager like Tinnion is the one to do this. This "kick" should have happend at least 2 seasons ago. The wilson era became stale, he had his chance.

I'm not disputing the fact that a more experienced number 2 is needed. Its the personal insults aimed at Tinnion that really do seem pointless. Everyone is entitled to their opinion of Tinnion as a manager, but bringing in arguements about "12 years of mediocrity" and "that goal is all he done for us" are pathetic.

A line has to be drawn between his time as a player and a manager. Simple as.

Twelve years of mediocrity, never complaing about the "comfort zone" during his playing years. :laugh:

Played all but two(3 seasons most)in this division, and in all that time, none of the managers he sucked up to could see enough leadership qualities in him to make him captain. ;) 

Lives on the memory of 1 "glory goal". ;)

As a manager, he inherited a squad that missed promotion by one point. And from there has managed to drag the club back four years with his inimitable style of mismanagement, tactical naivity, and lack of any kind of leadership style/quality. :)

We have become a laughing stock and will soon be overhauled by Yeovil as the Wests premier team. Thank you Brian Tinnion-The peoples Chumpion :wacko:

Congratulations. I haven't read such bitter vile spite in many years.

How does he think he is some legend of Bristol City? Does he go round with it written on the side of his car?

Or does he go round describing Bristol City as "my club"? Oh no, that's you isn't it.

Do you really think he would come out and complain publicly about teammates being in the comfort zone while he is still just a player himself? Get a grip. He probably sat there stewing wishing they would share his professionalism and attitude and promising himself if he ever took charge he wouldn't stand for it. In August he told the players to shape up or ship out. He's now shipping them out as he promised.

By your reckoning only a person who has played football and been picked out as a captain can be a good manager. How many games was Ferguson captain of Rangers for? How many games of football did Wenger play at senior level. Tony Adams and Bryan Robosn must be your two ideal candidates as managers then I presume.

How does he live on the memory of one goal? Always going on about it is he?

If your conscience is clear then so be it but I know that as a decent human being mine wouldn't be if I said the kind of things you have about someone who is putting all the positive energy he can into something he genuinely cares about

I hope that he turns this around, not just for the sake of himself and the genuine supporters but also for the pleasure of seeing you made to choke on your hateful words. If he doesn't turn it around then so be it, at least he will rest assured that, mistakes or not, he gave it his best shot and threw himself completely into this club.

"My club". Don't make me laugh. At the reserve game last night supporting the youngsters who are the future of "your" club were you? If so you could have put your concerns directly to Tinnion himself, who was there encouraging those youngsters I mentioned. You probably can't even name half of them, which is slack of you not to know all your employees at "your" club. You probably don't have the bottle though. Far easier to hide where you are isn't it.

People like Tinnion are worth a million of moaning losers like you. Why not post your CV on here and give us all a laugh. I bet thats an impressive read.

How does he think he is some legend of Bristol City? Does he go round with it written on the side of his car?

Or does he go round describing Bristol City as "my club"? Oh no, that's you isn't it.

Do you really think he would come out and complain publicly about teammates being in the comfort zone while he is still just a player himself? Get a grip. He probably sat there stewing wishing they would share his professionalism and attitude and promising himself if he ever took charge he wouldn't stand for it. In August he told the players to shape up or ship out. He's now shipping them out as he promised.

By your reckoning only a person who has played football and been picked out as a captain can be a good manager. How many games was Ferguson captain of Rangers for? How many games of football did Wenger play at senior level. Tony Adams and Bryan Robosn must be your two ideal candidates as managers then I presume.

If your conscience is clear then so be it but I know that as a decent human being mine wouldn't be if I said the kind of things you have about someone who is putting all the positive energy he can into something he genuinely cares about

I hope that he turns this around, not just for the sake of himself and the genuine supporters but also for the pleasure of seeing you made to choke on your hateful words. If he doesn't turn it around then so be it, at least he will rest assured that, mistakes or not, he gave it his best shot and threw himself completely into this club.

"My club". Don't make me laugh. At the reserve game last night supporting the youngsters who are the future of "your" club were you? If so you could have put your concerns directly to Tinnion himself, who was there encouraging those youngsters I mentioned. You probably can't even name half of them, which is slack of you not to know all your employees at "your" club. You probably don't have the bottle though. Far easier to hide where you are isn't it.

People like Tinnion are worth a million of moaning losers like you. Why not post your CV on here and give us all a laugh. I bet thats an impressive read.

Top post. Tins is clearly struggling this season but he doesn't deserve the nastiness which is currently being directed towards him. The real villain of the piece is the Chairman, who placed Tins into this "no win" situation in the first place. Strange how none of the vilification is aimed towards the Board and all of it is aimed towards the poor sap who is trying to make the best of a bad situation.

Oh come on!  Seriously, you honestly in your heart of hearts thought we would go up this season?

With Peacock, Brown, Carey, Hill and the majority of the backroom staff out of the door, what did you think was going to happen?  It was going to all fall into place?

I seriously did think that we would go up, until Lansdowns "knee-jerk" reaction in sacking Danny Wilson before any of us could digest what had happened at Cardiff and then appointing his "puppet" before considering other options from outside sources. ;)

Transitional season you say? Lansdown and Tinnion both admitted to expecting a top two finish pre season. :D

As for the players who left, The peoples Chumpion could've offered them deals to stay! Like he did with Mickey Bell!! Aah but Bell is his mate so thats all right!! :laugh:

As for the players who left, The peoples Chumpion could've offered them deals to stay! Like he did with Mickey Bell!! Aah but Bell is his mate so thats all right!!  :D

Think you'll find that it's the Chairman who makes the financial decisions, not the manager. The manager will have some input, but the Chairman has the final say.

what, and you could do better?

get behind the guy and stop your moaning, or defect to the gas where you'll have plenty of like-minded company.

Yep, get behind him...all the way down to League 2 :D

Spot on Slinky. Great post!

I love this club ("my club" actually) but it's damn depressing sharing it with arpaul.

Many thanks.

We are all entitled to our opinion, and unfortunately our views differ. However, I was always of the opinion that you should criticise the post and not the poster. Still, I take no offence and hope promotion will be achieved, although I have my doubts.

"Genuine Supporter"

So what is one of these then Slinky?

So were you so defensive of Mr Wilson,when certain posters were on his case?

Tinnion has had little regard for his previous managers as he build his own little agenda to sweep into power.

Arpaul has very strong opinions regarding Tinnion & while I don't subscribe to them fully, I do understand his frustrations.

Is it that other managers don't give it there best shot ?

I hope Tinnion turns it around, and up until recently was giving it every chance.

But performances have got worse & apart from about 10% of the Games Tinnion has been in charge things have been dire.

I count myself a genuine fan & want the best for BCFC,but I question your judgement as to why you feel certain failings within the current regime should be applauded rather than questioned.

You didn't happen to be at the wedding too ? :D

I am criticising the post. I said "I haven't read such bitter vile spite in many years." Stupid and ignorant is no way to go through life arpaul. That's aimed at you just so you know, as you seem to have difficulty understanding

Twelve years of mediocrity, never complaing about the "comfort zone" during his playing years. :laugh:

Played all but two(3 seasons most)in this division, and in all that time, none of the managers he sucked up to could see enough leadership qualities in him to make him captain. ;) 

Lives on the memory of 1 "glory goal". ;)

As a manager, he inherited a squad that missed promotion by one point. And from there has managed to drag the club back four years with his inimitable style of mismanagement, tactical naivity, and lack of any kind of leadership style/quality. :)

We have become a laughing stock and will soon be overhauled by Yeovil as the Wests premier team. Thank you Brian Tinnion-The peoples Chumpion :wacko:

Like it or not Arpaul makes some valid points. As per the league table I think you'll find Swindle are now the Wests premier team. I am dreading having to play them in April as to lose three times in a season would be embarassing. That said I hope Roberts gets a hat-trick. Oh my how we have prospered since he left...

I am criticising the post. I said "I haven't read such bitter vile spite in many years." Stupid and ignorant is no way to go through life arpaul. That's aimed at you just so you know, as you seem to have difficulty understanding

"stupid & ignorant"

Interesting to know why Slinky ?

Are other posters views not welcome ?

If someones opinions really differ to those of yours why turn it into a bitter feud.

Argue with the content - no probs.

There are shadows of a previous forum member within your style.

I realise you have only been on for a month, so it would be interesting to see if the focus can begin to be on content rather than individual.

We, the fans have been badly misled, intentional or not. After two seasons of finishing third we were promised attacking football and promotion out of this scummy, dirty division. What do we get, crap football, beaten twice by our nearest rivals, and now with the lingering fear that Yeovil are going to go soaring past us. Thank-you Brian, thank-you Steve, thank-you tommy and danny. Each of you has let us down.

I seriously thought we were going to go up this season too, what do we get instead broken promises and shattered dreams.

Just because Arpaul isn't supportive it doesn't mean he doesn't feel it like everyone else.

"Genuine Supporter"

So what is one of these then Slinky?

So were you so defensive of Mr Wilson,when certain posters were on his case?

Tinnion has had little regard for his previous managers as he build his own little agenda to sweep into power.

Arpaul has very strong opinions regarding Tinnion & while I don't subscribe to them fully, I do understand his frustrations.

Is it that other managers don't give it there best shot ?

I hope Tinnion turns it around, and up until recently was giving it every chance.

But performances have got worse & apart from about 10% of the Games Tinnion has been in charge things have been dire.

I count myself a genuine fan & want the best for BCFC,but I question your judgement as to why you feel certain failings within the current regime should be applauded rather than questioned.

You didn't happen to be at the wedding too ?  :D

I couldn't put my finger on what a genuine supporter is. But I know what it isn't and arpaul certainly falls into that category. He is just a destructive, hate-filled motormouth.

I didn't use the forum at the time Wilson was in charge. I read it but always felt it was quite unwelcoming to newcomers as there might be ganging up on new posters who dared to speak up (got that wrong didn't I?) :laugh:

For what its worth, I thought Wilson did ok but I think it was time for him to go. And even if he had stayed I think this season would have been very different from last as he'd have shaken the squad up similar to the way Tinnion has.

Arpaul can have strong opinions without being a nasty little man who says things he wouldn't have the balls to say to that individual face to face. Tinnion is easy enough to find on matchdays if he wants to say his piece, as is Lansdown.

Tinnion had little regard for his managers? Could you back that up with any facts? Or shall I just say Tinnion was highly regarded by all his managers and use his 550 plus appearances as proof?

I always expected performances to be affected and I don't expect it to improve drmamtically for a while as the clearout and change of attitude takes place. People who don't want to work rebel against being told to do so, but given time it will be worth it for the long term good of the club. Then I expect performances to improve and that's why I am prepared to give Tinnion more time.

If we get rid of him now, then the players in the comfort zone have won. They rule the roost and will allow their attitude to continue to overpower the dressing room.

What wedding? ;)

A little while ago, I posted on here that this forum was populated mostly by lonely obsessives who weren't really a fair representation of the club's supporters. For Exhibit A, please see the initial post on this thread.....

PS. Are you and Richieb married?

"stupid & ignorant"

Interesting to know why Slinky ?

Are other posters views not welcome ?

If someones opinions really differ to those of yours why turn it into a bitter feud.

Argue with the content - no probs.

There are shadows of a previous forum member within your style.

I realise you have only been on for a month, so it would be interesting to see if the focus can begin to be on content rather than individual.

Why is it ok to be bitter, nasty and hate filled towards Tinnion but not towards arpaul?

Tinnion is an individual too.

I am arguing with the content. The content is bitter, nasty and hate filled.

I remember why it took me so long to join this forum now.

You hope that an opposition striker scores a hat trick against us? You utter twerp.

I like Roberts.

I have a lot of friends who are Swindle fans and if we aren't going to make it to the play-offs then I hope they do.

If you go back through my Prediction league entries you'll see i've done the blind faith thing. Now i'm going to spend three months doing morose pessimism.

I like Roberts.

I have a lot of friends who are Swindle fans and if we aren't going to make it to the play-offs then I hope they do.

If you go back through my Prediction league entries you'll see i've done the blind faith thing. Now i'm going to spend three months doing morose pessimism.

Three months?? How did you get such a light sentence? :D

I'm on my 30th year of morose pessimism and it's beginning to look like a life sentence. :sad56:

Guest ashtonyate

You can blame Tinnion if you like but the really problem was Wilson he had 4 years as manager and produced a side that lack quality or committment.Now its left to Tinnion to sort out the club which lacks quality discipline and vision I just hope he is up to it.

Archived