IGNORED

Miller Interview

nickD

"He's a player manager and he's been there 10 years. It was okay when we were playing together and he's okay with me now, but obviously he wants to build his own team and I don't know whether I'm part of that."

I think this sums it up pretty well - Tins is bringing in his own players (as any new manager would) and Miller probably isn't part of that equation. I guess the only bit that really worries me is that Miller is still unsure about where he stands, surely he at least deserves to know whether or not he is wanted back in Bristol by the manager?????

I think the point the some people miss, is that Lee was dropped by the manager (DW)who got the Board to part with £325k with a promise of another £40k, based on performance, which, for whatever reason, didn't happen.

We went to Hartlepool with SM & LW on the bench £4/500k and LM & MG £425K,in the stand!!

Irrespective of what you and I think,DW & FB didn't consider Lee first choice and neither does BT & KM.

If Lee returned, I think he's d still be on the bench with Heffernan, behind SB & LL, so a sale seems sensible as long as the money's right.

Our priorities are:

Another Centre Back (Coles to go)

Left sided Midfielder and/or left wing back (Bell to go, Woodmans out of favour and Fortune isn't a LB)

Target Man (Competition/Cover for Brooker)

Central Midfielder (Tins is retiring, Dinning doesn't look right and I hope Tommy's on his way back but we'll have to see)

That's football and if we et our money back for Lee, that'll probably fund all of the above.

Guest ashtonyate
I think this sums it up pretty well - Tins is bringing in his own players (as any new manager would) and Miller probably isn't part of that equation.  I guess the only bit that really worries me is that Miller is still unsure about where he stands, surely he at least deserves to know whether or not he is wanted back in Bristol by the manager?????

What load of rubbish He could not get in to a Wilson team.To blame Tinnion is a load of crap. We had to get in another striker Brooker because Miller was not up to the task of scoring goals.Miller is scoring in Jock land either the game up there is rubbish or he wanted to get back to Scotland and was not trying down here. I hope we get back what we paid for him. I think City could get stiched up if we are not carefull we want £325,000 at least for him.

What load of rubbish He could not get in to a Wilson team.To blame Tinnion is a load of crap. We had to get in another striker Brooker because Miller was not up to the task of scoring goals.Miller is scoring in Jock land either the game up there is rubbish or he wanted to get back to Scotland and was not trying down here. I hope we get back what we paid for him. I think City could get stiched up if we are not carefull we want £325,000 at least for him.

Try reading what I wrote instead of replying with your standard "what a load of rubbish".

Miller was a regular in Wilson's side throughout last season - yes he was not in the side every game but played around 40 matches I believe?

I am not "blaming" Tins for anything other than maybe not making it clear to Lee precisely where his future lies.

Miller is playing well in Scotland because for the first time this season he is getting a full 90 mins week after week, simple fact - most footballers play better when they are on the pitch!

Guest ashtonyate
Try reading what I wrote instead of replying with your standard "what a load of rubbish".

Miller was a regular in Wilson's side throughout last season - yes he was not in the side every game but played around 40 matches I believe?

I am not "blaming" Tins for anything other than maybe not making it clear to Lee precisely where his future lies.

Miller is playing well in Scotland because for the first time this season he is getting a full 90 mins week after week, simple fact - most footballers play better when they are on the pitch!

Miller was light weight no pace pushed of the ball and no worth his place last season. Wilson gave him enough chances to steak his place and if he had been any good we would being the secound div now.

Miller was light weight no pace pushed of the ball and no worth his place last season. Wilson gave him enough chances to steak his place and if he had been any good we would being the secound div now.

BUT he was playing alongside Peacock. Were they not almost similar sorts of players(?)

Lita and Miller should've been tried more. I seem to remember when he came on at Bournemouth this season he turned the game.

BUT he was playing alongside Peacock. Were they not almost similar sorts of players(?)

Lita and Miller should've been tried more. I seem to remember when he came on at Bournemouth this season he turned the game.

Good point, I think Miller and Gillespie played well as a partnership and the introduction of both at Bournemouth changed the game. Remember Brighton away - again Miller and Roberts partnership did the trick.

Shame those partnerships have not been tried this season.

Played 32 games last season, 9 goals I think

I just hope we hold any deal off till the end of the season.

Alot could change come end of the season.

My sentiments exactly here Tom.

I stay out of the Lee Miller arguements on here but i think he's a more than useful player who probably requires slightly more of a physcial presence and damn sight better service than he gets here to really make a mark in the English game.

I like you though just hope that no deal is done until the summer by which time many many things may have changed here (with a bit of luck anyway).

I get the feeling though that if Hearst made a decent offer this week we'd take it now to try and finance a rescue of our ptiful season.

Guest Harry May

I know there is lies , damn lies and statistics . But statisticaly the most profitable strike partnership last season on goals/per games was Roberts / Miller.

Just such a shame that DW persisted with the out of form Peacock.

Caldicot Red.

Archived