IGNORED

Kilmarnock V Hearts

Tales From The Front

Having digested the first half a couple of thing spring to mind.

Both teams are fitter and play at a higher tempo then BCFC.

Hearts play passing football, good on the break. Also have two tricky wide players from Lithuania, that provide good outlet balls for the defence.

In conclusion

Hearts have plenty of opptions in possesion, lot's of movement off the ball which equals plenty of quality scoring oppertunties no wonder "our" striker has five goals in eight starts, and counting.

This should illustrate to the trained eye that in comparison the fundamental flaw in City's performances of late, is the pattern of play that the manager is demanding and the general fitness of the players involved.

Both are the responsibility of the manager and his coaching staff.

This should illustrate to the trained eye that in comparison the fundamental flaw in City's performances of late, is the pattern of play that the manager is demanding and the general fitness of the players involved.

I hope he's not demanding it!

The fact that it's happening is, of course, ultimately down to him but I would hope that it's down to a failure to play good football, rather than a success at playing bad football.

I've said for a long time that the difference between Miller and others is that they do better with the crap service they get than he could.

The football last night seemed quicker but I also noticed that the ball was on the floor more and the play was nowhere near as physical.

If Lee gets what he wants and we get some dosh to rebuild our team then, as I said when LM moved up there-WIN-WIN.

I want to wish Lee the very best of luck in Scotland. I for one will be watching his career closely. I wish he could have had a better time down here with Bristol City.

GrannyJoy please remain in touch with us and hope you come back one day to visit. May be Lee and the Hearts team could come down for a friendly game of football that would be great. Then we can put to rest all this talk about the diferance in style of football (eg who is at a higher level).

Watching Lee last night on Sky sports you can see he is enjoying his football much more now and i am so pleased for the lad.

Guest ciderred77

What we need to remember is that we are a third division team and Miller is not a third division player. If we get promoted (long shot I know) we should have him back and i think he would do well. Otherwise let him go, he needs decent service and doesn't want div 3 'thug' defenders kicking him all over the pitch.

Guest monster red
Having digested the first half a couple of thing spring to mind.

Both teams are fitter and play at a higher tempo then BCFC.

Hearts play passing football, good on the break.  Also have two tricky wide players from Lithuania, that provide good outlet balls for the defence.

In conclusion

Hearts have plenty of opptions in possesion, lot's of movement off the ball which equals plenty of quality scoring oppertunties no wonder "our" striker has five goals in eight starts, and counting.

Both are the responsibility of the manager and his coaching staff.

I think my Nan could of scored againt Kily last night, the defending was shocking for all three goals, the first, the left back runs in a straight line from one end of the pitch to the other plays a simple 1-2 on the edge of the box then runs through unchallenged to slot home past a keeper who dived 5 minutes early :D Millers goal was well taken but he ws completely unchallenged and he would never of been given that amount of space/time in ANY english league.

I agree Hearts look okay last night but alot of that was down to the quality of there opponents, it explains why Miller has scored goals since his loan move, lets see how he gets on against the big 2,if he still does the business then maybe you'll have a point.

Hearts were playing pass and move football that we have managed in the past but could only dream about at the moment. On current form they would give us one hell of a pasting. Miller is prospering because he is getting quality balls in the box as opposed to the drivel delivered by "Super Scotty Murray" or Bell/Fortune/whoever on the left.

So why have Lita and Brooker done better than Miller down here? - Lita has got pace and Brooker has got brute strength, both qualities which will get you goals in Division 3 (Lita's pace will ultimately get him goals higher up the ladder). Miller does not possess lightning pace and is not as strong as Brooker. If we were a decent football team with a bit of quality when delivering the final ball, Miller would get goals for us as he is decent on the floor and can obviously head a ball as well.

Hearts were playing pass and move football that we have managed in the past but could only dream about at the moment. On current form they would give us one hell of a pasting. Miller is prospering because he is getting quality balls in the box as opposed to the drivel delivered by "Super Scotty Murray" or Bell/Fortune/whoever on the left.

So why have Lita and Brooker done better than Miller down here? - Lita has got pace and Brooker has got brute strength, both qualities which will get you goals in Division 3 (Lita's pace will ultimately get him goals higher up the ladder). Miller does not possess lightning pace and is not as strong as Brooker. If we were a decent football team with a bit of quality when delivering the final ball, Miller would get goals for us as he is decent on the floor and can obviously head a ball as well.

I wrote exactly the same thing on another Miller thread. Maybe he's IS a good player but just not suited for football at our level ?

I look forward to seeing this pass-and-move football on Saturday.

Guest Robbo27_22
I thought he fell on his ass alot,he would have been down if you blew on him.

Be gentle, it's my first post!! I can only assume from the above that you havent been to Killie on a wet, windy Scottish winter night!!

Miller has been very good for us so far and I hope he does sign with us permanently. He has joined us at the right time as we have started to play the type of footie our manager wants - on the deck and with a bit of pace.

I can certainly understand the opinion of the opposition - Kilmarnock were woeful. However, it co-incide with our best performance of the season. Strange - we normally stink on TV!

Guest monster red
So if Lita scores 20 against the likes of stockport et al, it means he aint much cop cause he hasn't scored against the top teams  :D

Face facts, we are division 3 and Miller is now playing at a far higher level and doing the business.  Why can't people just accept it ?

He is playing in a TEAM with better players around him and it is bringing out the best in him.

Give the bloke SOME credit and give the SPL a bit of credit too - it is way above the dross that we put up with.

No need to throw you toys out the pram just because someone holds a different opinion to yourself! The points I made in my post are valid, Killie's defending was poor,Miller was unchallenged for his goal and in fairness I did state it took his goal well! To be honest other than the big 2 the SPL is a joke,you only have to look at how the Glasgow sides do in Europe to see who crap they are and as for the Scottish national side ..... :P

English football is much more competitive than Scottish hence Mr Millers lightweight frame was not well suited,It better for all concerned if he returns to Scotland permantly!

Just my opinion cynic,if you don't mind that is :city:

Guest Robbo27_22
To be honest other than the big 2 the SPL is a joke,you only have to look at how the Glasgow sides do in Europe to see who crap they are

Remind me, when was the last time BCFC were in Europe? Who was the last British team to beat Basle on their own ground?? :city:

Archived