IGNORED

Are We Being Realistic?

Tinmansleftboot

Well, here we are two thirds into a season that most of us had real expectations of promotion. I left the Mill Stad last May after our lack luster performance and I too believed we'd be where Luton are now. The sad fact of the matter is that we are a poor team in a very very poor division. Of the many thoughts that raced through my head that sunny May afternoon one stood out. I just couldn't see where a serious threat was going to come from. Hull were the most plausable and as the months have ticked by they have certainly proved to be a force. So, we'd certainly end up at least second!

Danny was sacked and the City board, as they always seem to do, took the cheap option. Employ an unexperienced and naieve 'CITY LEGEND'. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of Tinnion, but only in a playing sense. The summer came and went and we never signed anybody of any note. After going to the Gate for the first game of the season I just knew we'd struggle. I'm almost ashamed to say this out loud but I'VE ONLY BEEN TO TWO GAMES THIS SEASON. I just can't get up 'for it' anymore. Am I being dis loyal or sensible? I can't really tell.

Maybe this season is a season for rebuilding. Maybe we will put a run together and end up in the play offs or maybe, just maybe we'll end up in mid table. How many years do we have to suffer trips to Colchester, Chesterfield and Swindon? Why are Brentford, Hartlepool, Luton and Tranmere amoungst above us?

Possibly I've been living a lie all these years..... Maybe we've found our level.

I know I've rambled on a wee bit but I'll step off my soap box now. Oh, and by the way Lita would go for about half a mill, Lee Miller has found his level with Hearts, Tinnion should stay and I love City, Rangers, Barca, Partick Thistle and my local Pub team!!!

Guest hairyshamrock
Sensible. Forget all this bull**** about loyalty - the club are abusing the loyalty of the fans this season so it's not a problem if you are disloyal in return.

I agree, if i wasn't a season ticket holder i wouldn't go. In fact i've had mates who are season ticket holders not bother twice. What made it worse for them was that one of them was a home game against Hull!!

If things don't look like improving, or i don't see the winds of change in the summer leading to me seeing nothing but boutiful hope, i can see my cheque book sailing right past Lansdown Harbour and setting sale in Currys across the way - i need a new telly!

Guest ashtonyate
I agree, if i wasn't a season ticket holder i wouldn't go.  In fact i've had mates who are season ticket holders not bother twice.  What made it worse for them was that one of them was a home game against Hull!! 

If things don't look like improving, or i don't see the winds of change in the summer leading to me seeing nothing but boutiful hope, i can see my cheque book sailing right past Lansdown Harbour and setting sale in Currys across the way - i need a new telly!

If you are getting a new tv get it from John Lewis they give the best deal going and all tv have a 5 year free guartee

I'm a seaon ticket holder and I haven't been to the last 4 home games, call me what you like but I'm happy as larry that I have refussed to go down and watch that pathetic performance of late.

They have my income for those matches but they aint forcing me to sit through that rubbish week in week out.

if this form carries on til the end of the season the'd be lucky to break 5ooo season tickets for next season.

Guest MaloneFM
If you are getting a new tv get it from John Lewis they give the best deal going and all tv have a 5 year free guartee

go on to 'Kelkoo' on the web. I got a new dishwasher there which was on sale in John Lewis for £420 for £315.

And no you are being realistic. We have found our level. We may as well stick with Tinnion than get in another cowboy builder who will (Am I naughty or what!) the money away.

As long as we stay up I'm happy

Sensible. Forget all this bull**** about loyalty - the club are abusing the loyalty of the fans this season so it's not a problem if you are disloyal in return.

You should work out which side of the fence you are on, you can't call me a twerp on the one hand and then advocate disloyalty on the other.

Archived