IGNORED

Too Many Players

Cidergal

I know that these "loan signings" are unlikely to happen now but why is he looking for more players? We have a huge YOUNG squad with some really talented individual's - why not use them?

Tinnion will complain continuously about his teams lack of desire but I'm starting to think this is caused by nobody but himself. The number of times he has openly stated he wants more loan signings this season is becoming uncountable. What kind of message does this send to our existing players? No wonder they have no desire to play for him...

For example when we had Robbo, Miller, Lita, Gills and Heffs (not to mention the like of Cotteril) he still insisted on getting a target man. I have nothing against Brooker - quite the opposite but with Lee Miller staring him right in the face, you would have thought he'd give him a go. Lee is a prime example of somebody who simply hasn't been given the chance this season - and has proved Tinnion wrong. I don't want this to turn into another Miller thread but it just goes to show that by telling players you want them to play for you - they will play for you.

This could be the main reason why Tinnion isn't getting the desire he wants. If he showed some trust in players (and this means by giving them a proper run out in the team, not just one game), rather than openly be looking for players to replace them - perhaps they might want to play for him.

Just a thought...?

I know that these "loan signings" are unlikely to happen now but why is he looking for more players? We have a huge YOUNG squad with some really talented individual's - why not use them?

Tinnion will complain continuously about his teams lack of desire but I'm starting to think this is caused by nobody but himself. The number of times he has openly stated he wants more loan signings this season is becoming uncountable. What kind of message does this send to our existing players? No wonder they have no desire to play for him...

For example when we had Robbo, Miller, Lita, Gills and Heffs (not to mention the like of Cotteril) he still insisted on getting a target man. I have nothing against Brooker - quite the opposite but with Lee Miller staring him right in the face, you would have thought he'd give him a go. Lee is a prime example of somebody who simply hasn't been given the chance this season - and has proved Tinnion wrong. I don't want this to turn into another Miller thread but it just goes to show that by telling players you want them to play for you - they will play for you.

I think your point is really spot-on,for too long we seem to have had the luxury of too big a squad.Sadly we have failed to benefit from it,instead it seems to promote yet more problems for us.

Earlier in the season an example of the surplus baggage that our club carries enabled us to play Brentford in the cup game with 8 players who had not participated as starters in the preceding game.It's a financial luxury that probably no other club in this lowly league has,however the real consequence may not be financial.

With so many players available we have created a situation which is rapidly getting out of control and is becoming un-manageable.Rather than really reaching a conclusion on many players it seems easier to loan them out than to persevere with them.Miller is currently a classic example,its become easier to discard him than to allow him a decent run,quite how others like Goodfellow,Amankwah,Hefferman,Gillespie,Dining will fair remains unclear.

We are NOT Chelsea,seem to remember our most succesful manager & team of the past had a real nucleus of just 18 or so real pro's,something like that backed up with bright youngsters would be far more preferable than what we have today.

Archived