IGNORED

City Tomorrow

Bristol Boy

4-4-2

..........................Phillips............................................

Carey.................Coles..............Ireland......................Bell.....

Murray................Doherty............Brown.......................Wilkshire..

......................Lita...............Brooker...............................

SUBS

Heffernan

Gillespie

Cotterill

Skuse

Golbourne

Injured

Fortune

Goodfellow

Suspended

Orr

Tinnion

Dinning

Smith

Guest Goodone
That side on paper at least is, man for man as good as any side in this division despite all the absentees - City, the Chelsea of Lge.1 !!!!

Here Here that potentially can beat anyone in the league!!!

Nice to see the 2 so called rebels back aswell as Wilkshire, gives the side so much more balance, well done Tinman... :D

Lets hope they all put in good performances and bring 3 points back to Bristol... :city:

I don't believe its a good team on paper. Murray, Bell, have done nothing for 3 months. Doc & Coles have problems with the gaffer and likewise have not played at their best. Thats 4 out of 11 who might turn up and play......HOORAY. Then again they might replicate their last 3 months form, and give us another dud result. Proof...3 wins in 16 matches, due in part to only scoring 16 goals in 16 matches. Lets see if Brown and Wilks can create some net banging.

4-4-2

..........................Phillips............................................

Carey.................Coles..............Ireland......................Bell.....

Murray................Doherty............Brown.......................Wilkshire..

......................Lita...............Brooker...............................

SUBS

Heffernan

Gillespie

Cotterill

Skuse

Golbourne

Injured

Fortune

Goodfellow

Suspended

Orr

Tinnion

Dinning

Smith

Why would Anyinsah be ignored behind Cotterill, Skuse and Golbourne when he has just been on loan to Hereford, been playing well, and was not allowed by Tinnion to go back?

That's would be as stupid as sending players out on loan to teams like Swansea and Cheltenham (just came to me off the top of my head), recalling them and then totally ignoring them. Nobody would do that...............would they?

That side on paper at least is, man for man as good as any side in this division despite all the absentees - City, the Chelsea of Lge.1 !!!!

Oh God, here we go again. All this best in the division stuff drives me nuts. Do some of you ever watch the opposition when they play us at Ashton Gate? Do you ever notice that other teams have quality players as well? Some of the teams in League One actually have some VERY good quality players. Frankly, some of these players (eg, Barmby!) are a heck of a lot better than the likes of Doc, Wilks, Murray etc. Our sub-standard midfield is the reason why we are struggling so badly this season.

Oh God, here we go again. All this best in the division stuff drives me nuts. Do some of you ever watch the opposition when they play us at Ashton Gate? Do you ever notice that other teams have quality players as well? Some of the teams in League One actually have some VERY good quality players. Frankly, some of these players (eg, Barmby!) are a heck of a lot better than the likes of Doc, Wilks, Murray etc. Our sub-standard midfield is the reason why we are struggling so badly this season.

I agree but for different reasons. We don't lack quality in midfield... we lack a regular midfield that has been kept the same for a substantial amount of time.

Perhaps if Tinnion did not insist on changing things quite so often - our team would be used to playing with each other.

He's the complete, extreme opposite of Wilson!

I agree but for different reasons. We don't lack quality in midfield... we lack a regular midfield that has been kept the same for a substantial amount of time.

Not wishing to start an argument, but I disagree that we have sufficient quality in midfield. The fact is that our midfield has been below par for about five years now. We are generally good defensively, we never really seem to have problems finding or attracting quality strikers to the club, but we just cannot seem to get it right in midfield. I really hoped that Tommy was going to be the answer (our very own Roy Keane!) but that hope seems to have gone now. I agree that this season's tinkering has not helped, but the tinkering, in my opinion, is not the major problem. The major problem is the total absence of any quality or consistency from our midfield players.

Not wishing to start an argument, but I disagree that we have sufficient quality in midfield. The fact is that our midfield has been below par for about five years now. We are generally good defensively, we never really seem to have problems finding or attracting quality strikers to the club, but we just cannot seem to get it right in midfield. I really hoped that Tommy was going to be the answer (our very own Roy Keane!) but that hope seems to have gone now. I agree that this season's tinkering has not helped, but the tinkering, in my opinion, is not the major problem. The major problem is the total absence of any quality or consistency from our midfield players.

I can see we will probably have to agree to disagree, but I really think that a Murray, Brown, Doherty, Wilkshire midfield - providing that they worked their socks off and TOGETHER - would be good enough for this division. It isn't a good division, and you don't need an awful amount of quality.

I see your point though, the likes of Murray and Doherty have not performed this season. But you have to question whether that is because they are rubbish or because of a managerial change.

I see your point though, the likes of Murray and Doherty have not performed this season. But you have to question whether that is because they are rubbish or because of a managerial change.

Murray - age has caught up with him. It happens to all of us, eventually!

Doc - clearly got some personal issues to resolve. They may be connected with Tins becoming boss, or may be totally unconnected. Either way, he isn't the player he used to be (but he isn't rubbish).

The biggest issue for me is Dinning - is he supposed to be our new midfield general? Because, if so, there really is no hope for us.

Archived