IGNORED

The Value Of Wilkshire

reddevil

I know stats don't prove most things but this is quite interesting

Only looking at league Games this year

Games with Luke Played 26 Points 42

Games Without Played 6 Points 3

Not hugely scientific but does make his recent absence even more bizarre

Interesting point actually, I think we rely on Luke as our suply for the front men and to create things even for our wide men. He seems to work very hard and have a good engine, also SCORES GOALS from midfield!!!

It was after those talks with Tinnion, nobody knows what happened between Luke and Brian but Tinnion probably didnt like his attitude and didnt think he had enough desire and passion to be in the team.

But he is our most creative midfielder and i hope he plays in the middle and is outstanding today.

The thing is he is by a country mile our most technically gifted player - even better than 'Sir' himself - and he has to play every minute of every game where possible as he provides our best opportunity of creating a goal.

I know people say he doesnt defend properly - particularly away from home - but we've got to accomodate that i'm afriad. It would certainly help him playing in the middle instead of on the left where any defensive shortcomings will be exposed - especially as we have'nt got a left back!!!!

But as a wise man once said we are now siht or bust - he's our best chance of creating goal and MUST play every game!!!

Totally agree that Luke 'the force is with you' is our most creative midfielder; add the tenacity of Orr the youth and pace of Brown and a rejuvinated Scott, we can hope, and we would have an effective midfield that could play decent through balls to the front 2. When all 4 are fit and not suspended I feel they would make the best starting midfield.

It was after those talks with Tinnion, nobody knows what happened between Luke and Brian but Tinnion probably didnt like his attitude and didnt think he had enough desire and passion to be in the team.

But he is our most creative midfielder and i hope he plays in the middle and is outstanding today.

The Australian press seem to think he's joining other members of the Aussie team in the higher leagues. With City [unlikely now] or without. It is entirely probable that Wilks mentioned his "desire" to move ahead even if City were not promoted. Tins has reacted accordingly. I noticed that Wilks form went off the boil after the new year when it became apparent promotion with City was not going to happen this year.

Archived