IGNORED

Dinning Leaving

Bristol Boy

It will be interesting to see Tuesday's team........and Saturdays come to mention it for sign of Dinning.

Since doing very well in his month on loan, he's signed and disappeared!

His booking against Walsall looked deliberate to me and his demeanour and body language is hardly encouraging.

I posted earlier in the week that I thought he'd be off at the end of the season.

Did he fool us and did Tins make a ricket in signing him?

Over to you :city:

You see so many players that will be superb on loan.. get their contract and start not bothering.

Cannot understand it myself. Being a professional footballer is something that most people can only dream of. I can't understand how so many players have this attitude - I certainly wouldn't!

Guest Bradwall Red

I believe Dinning is frustrated with the fact that he hasn't played that often since being signed. This goes for a number of other players who maybe believe they are good enough to be in the side, but are kept out by the likes of Bell( who can blame them)!!!

Tinnion apparently signed Dinning to replace him when he retires from playing. However if he keeps picking himself in front of Dinning and others they don't get a chance to prove themselves. I think it is time for Tinnion to step aside as a player and concentrate on the management side. We need him to be watching the matches week to week, I don't rate Millen as a tactical brain on the touchline.

Dinning looked a tidy player when playing regularly while on loan.

Maybe his apparent fall from grace is something to do with the fact he barely gets a look in - like so many other players - or maybe because he is frustrated by the manager's selections and tactics - like many other players?

Is Dinning actually living in Bristol, or commuting from up north. If in Bristol, has he brought his young family with him. There could be off the pitch reasons for his form/attitude. If he does have family reasons for being unsettled, it would be better for him and the club to change the situation sooner rather than later.

Dinning signed a two and a half year contract with us, he was on loan to five or six clubs before signing, none of whom signed him, so he'll be going nowhere (probably literally) over the next season or so.

As for the comment about Tinnion playing Bell, well I'm certainly no fan of Bell, but I cannot recall an occasion this season where Tinnion has picked him instead of Dinning, as one is a left back and the other a central midfielder.

With Tommy now injured/suspended and Tinnion saying that he'll stop playing perhaps Dinning will get another chance to impress, if he does let's hope he puts more into it than his recent "efforts".

I think you're all being very unfair on Dinning and I don't think his performances have changed one bit.

When he was here on loan he was very capable of spreading the ball about the pitch, but he was never an effort player - the sort who shows lots of commitment and charges around the pitch. Thats why he worked well alongside Doherty.

We knew this when we signed him (at least I hope we did !) so you can hardly criticise him for being the same player !

Guest Bradwall Red
Is Dinning actually living in Bristol, or commuting from up north. If in Bristol, has he brought his young family with him. There could be off the pitch reasons for his form/attitude. If he does have family reasons for being unsettled, it would be better for him and the club to change the situation sooner rather than later.

Dinning lives just outside Crewe at the moment, so must be travelling down to Bristol for training on a daily basis.

Dinning lives just outside Crewe at the moment, so must be travelling down to Bristol for training on a daily basis.

Maybe he could save us the angst of watching his apathetic performances by just staying at home. Has not looked like a player who was once transferred for £750k, then again I can't believe anyone paid 1 mill for Mike Sheron.

I think you're all being very unfair on Dinning and I don't think his performances have changed one bit.

When he was here on loan he was very capable of spreading the ball about the pitch, but he was never an effort player - the sort who shows lots of commitment and charges around the pitch.  Thats why he worked well alongside Doherty.

We knew this when we signed him (at least I hope we did !) so you can hardly criticise him for being the same player !

I totally agree that Dinning plays in the same manner now as he did when he was on loan!!! No commitment and an ocassional nice touch. IMO he has never shown any drive, leadership qualities and most of all the desire to inspire the younger players on the pitch. Tinman has made an error in signing him and I for 1 would not be disappointed if he made a swift exit. :)

I totally agree that Dinning plays in the same manner now as he did when he was on loan!!!  No commitment and an ocassional nice touch.  IMO he has never shown any drive, leadership qualities and most of all the desire to inspire the younger players on the pitch.  Tinman has made an error in signing him and I for 1 would not be disappointed if he made a swift exit. :)

So why do people have this weird idea that he used to be a better player ?

If he's got more active players to support him, then he's worth having. But not worth a place in the team otherwise.

Don't blame him for 'playing for a contract' at all - thats just nonsense.

Archived