IGNORED

Significant Step In The Right Direction

RedUn

OK it took suspensions and injury to get all but one (Bell) of the usual five thirty-somethings out of the line-up and look what we get ... a 90 minutes performance brimming with energy and ambition ... six home-grown players at the first whistle and another three from the academy as subs ... surely no coincidence that one of the season's best results coincides with the drop in average age?

Let's hope the AG crowd can play their part in boostng the youngsters confidence over the next week's home games ...

six home-grown players at the first whistle and another three from the academy as subs ... surely no coincidence that one of the season's best results coincides with the drop in average age?

Let's hope the AG crowd can play their part in boostng the youngsters confidence over the next week's home games ...

I am sure Ashtonyate will be more interested in the 1-4 reverse for the academy team. I wouldn't think that a little thing like the fact it was a weakened team full of 1st year students get in his way..... :city:

OK it took suspensions and injury to get all but one (Bell) of the usual five thirty-somethings out of the line-up and look what we get ... a 90 minutes performance brimming with energy and ambition ... six home-grown players at the first whistle and another three from the academy as subs ... surely no coincidence that one of the season's best results coincides with the drop in average age?

I wasn't at the game today, but the comments I've heard are reminding me a lot of the game at Bournemouth after Pulis left. That day the side was full of local players and those being given another chance by the new manager(s) and we got the same sort of display out of them.

I've no idea if we'll keep this form going, but a win at Colchester is so rare for City that I'm more than happy at that moment.

Perhaps we ought to ban all the over 35 supporters from Ashton Gate, so we only get kids who believe in the impossible and haven't seen it all before.

PERHAPS NEXT TIME MY NEPHEW LOOSES A GAME I SHOULD BOO HIM OFF THE PITCH,I'm SURE HIS GAME WOULD PICK UP AFTER THAT CONFIDENCE BASHING.

Guest ashtonyate

don't start crowing to much about these Academy player I will say 2 words to you and thats Janson Derrick Its about time some of the young kid came through.I was surprised that Tinnion put so many on in the second half it could have backfired big time.I still stick to what i have said that we don't need an academy. We will see what happends tuesday night before i get to excited because its at home when we fall to pieces.

don't start crowing to much about these Academy player I will say 2 words to you and thats Janson Derrick Its about time some of the young kid came through.I was surprised that Tinnion put so many on in the second half it could have backfired big time.I still stick to what i have said that we don't need an academy. We will see what happends tuesday night before i get to excited because its at home when we fall to pieces.

What you forget to remember Ashton is that these young lads don't play with fear and that showed yesterday. They have yards more pace that the experienced players that didn't play and that showed in the result. However I do see that your concerned that too much too soon may not be a good thing. We are playing two poor teams in Oldham and Blackpool and after our dismal performances at home of late I don't see why we shouldn't give them a chance do u?

It's all very well praising the team yesterday and waxing lyrical about the youngsters performance, but the bottom line is that the team was forced on Tinnion through suspension and injury. In other words, it would not have been his first choice team.

The proof of the pudding will come in the next few games when injuries and suspensions to regulars expire and he has full choice of his 'mates' again.

Great performance yesterday - but the jury's still out on Tinnion, I'm afraid.

:city:

An unchanged team on Tuesday would go a long way in proving he practices what he preaches...

It's all very well praising the team yesterday and waxing lyrical about the youngsters performance, but the bottom line is that the team was forced on Tinnion through suspension and injury. In other words, it would not have been his first choice team.

The proof of the pudding will come in the next few games when injuries and suspensions to regulars expire and he has full choice of his 'mates' again.

Great performance yesterday - but the jury's still out on Tinnion, I'm afraid.

:city:

An unchanged team on Tuesday would go a long way in proving he practices what he preaches...

I agree with what your saying but maybe Tinnion has found a winning formula albeit there being suspensions?? Whichever you cannot take away the performance yesterday. You never know city may start selling away season tickets next season! :D

don't start crowing to much about these Academy player I will say 2 words to you and thats Janson Derrick

You'll have to fill me in on "Janson" Derrick. From the stats, I can see that Jantzen played for us for 11 years before leaving for Paris St Germain. What was so bad about him and how does it apply to our current youth system?

It's all very well praising the team yesterday and waxing lyrical about the youngsters performance, but the bottom line is that the team was forced on Tinnion through suspension and injury.

Bottom line? ... I think you'll find it was it was my opening line.

You'll have to fill me in on "Janson" Derrick. From the stats, I can see that Jantzen played for us for 11 years before leaving for Paris St Germain. What was so bad about him and how does it apply to our current youth system?

... and why does ashtonyate hate the idea of how Alan Dicks' squad achieved what they did in the mid-70s so much?

Guest ashtonyate
... and why does ashtonyate hate the idea of how Alan Dicks' squad achieved what they did in the mid-70s so much?

No that was the best this club has ever done but the young players may have got us to the first but they were not good enought to keep us there.The youngsters I hope will go on to be first team players then i might change my mind about the academy a bit. Its about time the academy started to produce some quailty players after all we had some crap from it.I just hope we can keep them long term and not forsed to sell them for peanuts ie Hill.

No that was the best this club has ever done but the young players may have got us to the first but they were not good enought to keep us there.

Complete bolleaux, but then I wouldn't have expected anything but a cock-eyed view of our "seasons in the sun" from the planet you inhabit.

The lads that got us there were good enough to keep us there for four seasons - they were and remain heroes one and all, despite your sneering contempt. The root of the problem was that there was no continuity in the youth scheme at the time; with nobody coming through the ranks, every passing year saw increasing strain placed on financing the quality needed in the squad.

Guest ashtonyate
Complete bolleaux, but then I wouldn't have expected anything but a cock-eyed view of our "seasons in the sun" from the planet you inhabit.

The lads that got us there were good enough to keep us there for four seasons - they were and remain heroes one and all, despite your sneering contempt. The root of the problem was that there was no continuity in the youth scheme at the time; with nobody coming through the ranks, every passing year saw increasing strain placed on financing the quality needed in the squad.

I stand by what I said they got us but were not good enough to keep us there. Any body who was around at that time will tell you the same up less they are blinker as you are.

I stand by what I said they got us but were not good enough to keep us there. Any body who was around at that time will tell you the same up less they are blinker as you are.

Those lads getting there and staying there was a fantastic achievement. I hope live to see such a good bunch in City shirts again.

Your snide assessment of the best team we've had in the last hundred years simply confirms you as a miserable old curmudgeon.

Archived