IGNORED

33 Games In & Tinnion Gets It Right?

richieb

So could it be that BT has at last got his team selection spot on?

Trouble is that 33 games into a season & with many fans telling him what should be done, he finally gets it right.

Coles,Doherty & Wilkshire have shown what can be done & to me they were made scapegoats by Tinnion for some poor team performances.

It has backfired as I am sure BT wanted it to work without them in the team.

He plumped for Orr,Dinning,Smith & himself & it clearly now dosn't work.

Tinnion has been so far up his own AR$E he has been choking himself.

Perhaps he should have listened to some of the players that were telling him it wasn't working.

Well done Tinnion, you may have actually got our season started - 33 GAMES IN!!!! :P

Also Tinnion on the sidelines so he can at least see the bigger picture.

Murray being injured could well be a blessing in disguise.

Trouble is that 33 games into a season & with many fans telling him what should be done, he finally gets it right.

Coles,Doherty & Wilkshire have shown what can be done & to me they were made scapegoats by Tinnion for some poor team performances.

Perhaps he should have listened to some of the players that were telling him it wasn't working.

Well done Tinnion, you may have actually got our season started - 33 GAMES IN!!!! :P

Coles and Doherty had been massively underperforming all season. BT reads the riot act, leaves them out and gives them pause for reflection, and they both come back and play blinders. Tins described Tommy as the 'best player on the pitch' on Radio Bristol and said he is undroppable if he continues to produce that sort of form.

Sounds like good management to me.

Coles and Doherty had been massively underperforming all season.

Spot On

BT reads the riot act, leaves them out and gives them pause for reflection, and they both come back and play blinders.

Right again, but should have been noted and acted upon earlier

Tins described Tommy as the 'best player on the pitch' on Radio Bristol and said he is undroppable if he continues to produce that sort of form.

I don't wish to sound facitious, but you can't drop Tommy.

He drops himself by getting suspended and now misses Blackpool and, more importantly, Luton away.

Tins needed to clamp down on club discipline far sooner and I'm glad it's beginning but we needto rid the club of this excusal philosophy for yobbish behaviour.

It's totally counter productive.

Coles and Doherty had been massively underperforming all season. BT reads the riot act, leaves them out and gives them pause for reflection, and they both come back and play blinders. Tins described Tommy as the 'best player on the pitch' on Radio Bristol and said he is undroppable if he continues to produce that sort of form.

Umh,I think that after TD had a chat with Mr Lansdown & didn't want to be shipped out on loan, he was up to show the Manager that it wasn't him DC & LW that wern't under performing.

I think the dire performance at home to Walsall, proved that BT was wrong to leave out the trio & showed his inexperience as it may have been that these players weren't the ones that were under performing.

Lucky break for BT was that bookings at home to Walsall mean't Orr,Dinning,Smith & Tinnion himself were not available.

So if they were all available, I reckon none of todays stars would have been playing.

Added to the fact that BT failed to bring in any loan signings. If he had perhaps TD,DC & LW wouldn't have appeared.

Good management :city: - I reckon certain players were up for showing Tinnion that they weren't the ones whom were underperforming.

To me its a case of very poor management.

Also Tinnion on the sidelines so he can at least see the bigger picture.

Murray being injured could well be a blessing in disguise.

At the start of the season the fans were saying Cotterill should play on the right wing were they? They were saying Skuse should be brought on were they? They were saying Carey (who didn't even play for us at the time) should be playing were they? They were saying Brown should start were they? They were saying Golbourne should be playing were they?

Tinnion only played because others weren't doing it and he felt he had to get out there and show the desire he required. I was against it because I don't think player/manager is possible. But he did it wit hthe best of intentions. Not because (as you so maturely put it) because he is "up his own arse".

Don't see the point in being quite so abusive towards Tins (Richieb), sure he has made mistakes but he still our manager. Disagree with selections, tactics etc, but why get abusive - makes this forum a particularly nasty place to be sometimes.

Anyway, as to todays selection, I would guess (and that's all it is) that some of those who played might not have done if others were not suspended etc. However, they were and they did and for whatever reason Tommy played a blinder and Coles put in one of his best performances. We won and it worked.

I look forward with real interest to the selection for the Oldham game, Doc and Coles should start as should Wilks. Not 100% convinced that Cotterill is really our best option on the right wing but did a good job when needed today and may be needed there again on Tuesday.

What would you change if anything for Tuesday - the starting 11 looked pretty good to me.

At the start of the season the fans were saying Cotterill should play on the right wing were they? They were saying Skuse should be brought on were they? They were saying Carey (who didn't even play for us at the time) should be playing were they? They were saying Brown should start were they? They were saying Golbourne should be playing were they?

Tinnion only played because others weren't doing it and he felt he had to get out there and show the desire he required. I was against it because I don't think player/manager is possible. But he did it wit hthe best of intentions. Not because (as you so maturely put it) because he is "up his own arse".

I think you tend to get a little misled in the desires of certain sections of the fans.

What we were expecting was attacking football & Tinnion refusing to believe that any defensive player should be placed on the bench.

The Manager had a quality squad at his disposal, with players that included a defence that was best of the division.

All set fair with the addition of Lita in attack.

We should have been ammougnst the top two in this division.

Certain performances were top drawer,but Tinkerman made a mockery of consistancy by continually changing formation & line ups.

Players were becoming de-motivated & weren't sure if the guy knew what his best line up & formation was.

We bloodied youth - it didn't work!

Tinnion found it difficult to motivate his squad & felt it best if he went out & tried to do the job.

Big lesson in Management is art of delegation,if you take it on yourself then you ain't managing correctly. :city:

Some good points made.  Tinnion had no choice but to pick the squad and team he did today - he did his best to get loan players in remember.

Today's line-up was his second choice, and he probably would have blamed the suspensions and injuries if we had lost. That isn't being hard on him, he was after loanees and would have played them.

I tend to agree with Richieb - today was lucky for Tinnion, a welcome win for the club and a massive 3 points, but very very lucky for Tinnion that the side played so well. It wasn't the side he would have picked if loanees were available.

The young lads did brilliantly and showed the likes of older players like Murray and Tinnion how to play the game with no fear, full of confidence and the right attitude.

The team did well.

Yep,the three points were vital in light of the other results.

As you say BT failed to get any loanee's in & would have been interesting to see which positions he was looking.

I would guess at the positions TD & LW took up today.

Lets hope the smile that has come out of this game, continues for the coming games.

This could be the stroke of luck Tinnion wanted.

Yes, 3 vital points today and a good team performance.

But how often in the past have we seen these performances thinking that is was the start of our season (Brentford, Hull Tranmere, etc) only for us to be humiliated within a few games afterwards?

One game doesn't make a season, and I prefer to see how the next few games pan out before booking my ticket for the play-off final.

On our current form, it's just another highlight in a pretty poor season - don't get too excited.

• Admin
Yes, 3 vital points today and a good team performance.

But how often in the past have we seen these performances thinking that is was the start of our season (Brentford, Hull Tranmere, etc) only for us to be humiliated within a few games afterwards?

One game doesn't make a season, and I prefer to see how the next few games pan out before booking my ticket for the play-off final.

On our current form, it's just another highlight in a pretty poor season - don't get too excited.

Still depressing to see that despite only being 2 points off 6th (who have one game in hand), we're also 2 points off 7th who have THREE games in hand on us. That said, did someone earlier mention that Brentfords next 4 games are against the top 4 sides? IF we could sort out some wins at home then it's possible that we may close the gap slightly

Don't see the point in being quite so abusive towards Tins (Richieb), sure he has made mistakes but he still our manager.  Disagree with selections, tactics etc, but why get abusive - makes this forum a particularly nasty place to be sometimes.

Anyway, as to todays selection, I would guess (and that's all it is) that some of those who played might not have done if others were not suspended etc.  However, they were and they did and for whatever reason Tommy played a blinder and Coles put in one of his best performances.  We won and it worked.

I look forward with real interest to the selection for the Oldham game, Doc and Coles should start as should Wilks.  Not 100% convinced that Cotterill is really our best option on the right wing but did a good job when needed today and may be needed there again on Tuesday. 

What would you change if anything for Tuesday - the starting 11 looked pretty good to me.

Simply put.......If its not broken, don't fix it !

correct me if i am wrong...are you in dubya land?because,my friend,if you are...you can support our club to the hilt...but you certainly cannot pick a team,squad..or criticise selections.unless you actually attend..if you think you can...then you are more american than you think...

in which case...hup hup 2nd down and 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :city:

If Tinnion had planned to pick yesterdays side before the suspensions and injuries kicked in - that would have been good management.

If Tinnion had not announced publicly that he was going for a number of loan signings that would have been good management.

For Tinnion, after yesterdays sides performance (a selection which was borne from necessity), to announce that he building a side for the future when his last suspension free and injury free squad included 5 players over 30 - 2 of which had been brought in by himself is incredulous.

Yesterday Tinnion's lucky star was in the ascendancy. He should thank it personally. He again should take the opportunity to learn from his mistakes.

Perhaps as a Tinnion friend you could buy him a book called 'Tony Soprano on Management' by Anthony Schneider. Brilliant book in a unique style. I'll give you a taster.

'Act like a town crier when doling out praise. Make it loud. Make it public.

Act like a Japanese manager when it comes to reprimands. Make it gentle; make it private'

Yesterday was great. I await with interest the sides for Tuesday and Saturday.

Act like a Japanese manager when it comes to reprimands. Make it gentle; make it private'

If we're in the mood for quotations how about: "Give me a lucky General, not a good one. Everything is to chance." - Napoleon

By all accounts the Colchester performance only lacked the final stamp of a couple more goals to seal it as the best of the season. That it should be achieved by (probably) Tinman's youngest selection and without his own presence on the pitch is no coincidence at all in my book.

Compare and contrast to the turgid effort in the goalless draw against the same opponents at Ashton Gate, where the club captain had tried to make believe in the build-up that Colchester would be "leggy" following their mid-week exploits at Southampton ... not so it proved, as so many times this term, it was our team made to look the carthorses (the word an old friend of mine used to describe our TV performance vs Chesterfield). Oh, and guess what, the thirty-somethings all (bar Tinamn himself) started that home game vs Colchester too.

If we have rediscovered luck then let's learn from it: great achievements in any competitive sport are invariably achieved by those with able bodies and willing minds ... in short, the virtues of youth ... so let's hope we will henceforth see more ambitious, energetic youngsters in the mix at the expense of our over-representation of veterans.

Finally, the brightness of yesterday's performance should also provide the final moment of clarity for Brian Manager regarding the contribution of Brian Player ... no more "last hurrahs" please Tins, just concentrate on the gaffer's job full-time because that is how important and challenging the job is.

correct me if i am wrong...are you in dubya land?because,my friend,if you are...you can support our club to the hilt...but you certainly cannot pick a team,squad..or criticise selections.unless you actually attend..if you think you can...then you are more american than you think...

in which case...hup hup 2nd down and 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Mike not everyone works from the same place, there are at least 6 in the forum who travel back and forth on a monthly basis. We see plenty of games and get the rest on video. After 60 years i earned my right to an opinion, and i respect everyone elses right as well. For your info, i can be in Bristol in 8 hours, no different than driving to Halifax.

in which case...hup hup 2nd down and 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Insulting the seniors now Chris, that guy has forgotten more about football than many in the forum. When he gets back next month you should meet him.

If we're in the mood for quotations how about: "Give me a lucky General, not a good one. Everything is to chance." - Napoleon

By all accounts the Colchester performance only lacked the final stamp of a couple more goals to seal it as the best of the season. That it should be achieved by (probably) Tinman's youngest selection and without his own presence on the pitch is no coincidence at all in my book.

Compare and contrast to the turgid effort in the goalless draw against the same opponents at Ashton Gate, where the club captain had tried to make believe in the build-up that Colchester would be "leggy" following their mid-week exploits at Southampton ... not so it proved, as so many times this term, it was our team made to look the carthorses (the word an old friend of mine used to describe our TV performance vs Chesterfield). Oh, and guess what, the thirty-somethings all (bar Tinamn himself) started that home game vs Colchester too.

If we have rediscovered luck then let's learn from it: great achievements in any competitive sport are invariably achieved by those with able bodies and willing minds ... in short, the virtues of youth ... so let's hope we will henceforth see more ambitious, energetic youngsters in the mix at the expense of our over-representation of veterans.

Finally, the brightness of yesterday's performance should also provide the final moment of clarity for Brian Manager regarding the contribution of Brian Player ... no more "last hurrahs" please Tins, just concentrate on the gaffer's job full-time because that is how important and challenging the job is.

Spot on, and to compound that Walsalls goal was scored by a teenager.

I think you tend to get a little misled in the desires of certain sections of the fans.

What we were expecting was attacking football & Tinnion refusing to believe that any defensive player should be placed on the bench.

The Manager had a quality squad at his disposal, with players that included a defence that was best of the division.

All set fair with the addition of Lita in attack.

We should have been ammougnst the top two in this division.

Certain performances were top drawer,but Tinkerman made a mockery of consistancy by continually changing formation & line ups.

Players were becoming de-motivated & weren't sure if the guy knew what his best line up & formation was.

We bloodied youth - it didn't work!

Tinnion found it difficult to motivate his squad & felt it best if he went out & tried to do the job.

Big lesson in Management is art of delegation,if you take it on yourself then you ain't managing correctly. :)

When you finally make a point without feeling the need to make up childish nicknames or immature remarks about the manager, I will take your opinion seriously. Until then it sounds more like something personal and isn't worth responding to.

All I will add is, we must have some real high flyers as City fans. Not only are several of them brilliant at their own jobs, never making so much as a single mistake after taking a new role. They also know exactly how to do someone else's job that they have no qualification in too. Remarkable.

If Tinnion had planned to pick yesterdays side before the suspensions and injuries kicked in - that would have been good management.

If Tinnion had not announced publicly that he was going for a number of loan signings that would have been good management.

For Tinnion, after yesterdays sides performance (a selection which was borne from necessity), to announce that he building a side for the future when his last suspension free and injury free squad  included 5 players over 30 - 2 of which had been brought in by himself is incredulous.

Yesterday Tinnion's lucky star was in the ascendancy. He should thank it personally. He again should take the opportunity to learn from his mistakes. 

Perhaps as a Tinnion friend you could buy him a book called 'Tony Soprano on Management' by Anthony Schneider. Brilliant book in a unique style.  I'll give you a taster.

Yesterday was great. I await with interest the sides for Tuesday and Saturday.

Yep,lets hope the management get it right Tues & Saturday.

But if they don't it will possibly be the fault of the fans?

When you finally make a point without feeling the need to make up childish nicknames or immature remarks about the manager, I will take your opinion seriously. Until then it sounds more like something personal and isn't worth responding to.

All I will add is, we must have some real high flyers as City fans. Not only are several of them brilliant at their own jobs, never making so much as a single mistake after taking a new role. They also know exactly how to do someone else's job that they have no qualification in too. Remarkable.

Come on Slinky lighten up :)

You don't happen to know Edson & Orj do you ? :D

I take it that you have no real response & take the continual insults as a clear indication that you believe I am correct in what has been said. :wacko:

Come on Slinky lighten up  :)

You don't happen to know Edson & Orj do you ? :D

I take it that you have no real response & take the continual insults as a clear indication that you believe I am correct in what has been said. :wacko:

It's a shame that after taking so long to decide to join the forum, my concerns that people who had been on here a while would rubbish my opinions with stupid accusations have been proved right.

It seems that some people will jump on anyone new and try to hound them out. I'm sure I'm not the first one whose had to put up with this sort of gang mentality.

I have plenty of responses but I'll save them for people who are interested in debating maturely rather than throwing around brainless accusations and name calling of the manager thanks.

Ok, I'll lighten up and call you a chump with his head up his own arse. That's an acceptable way to refer to another human being isn't it?

:)

It's a shame that after taking so long to decide to join the forum, my concerns that people who had been on here a while would rubbish my opinions with stupid accusations have been proved right.

It seems that some people will jump on anyone new and try to hound them out. I'm sure I'm not the first one whose had to put up with this sort of gang mentality.

I have plenty of responses but I'll save them for people who are interested in debating maturely rather than throwing around brainless accusations and name calling of the manager thanks.

Ok, I'll lighten up and call you a chump with his head up his own arse. That's an acceptable way to refer to another human being isn't it?

Slinky, I think I may have missed something here.

Was it not my post you tried to rubbish ?

Was it not you who thought it right not to reply as you thought my comments were immature ?

Now you say you are being ganged up against !

This is a forum about debate & as you have read it for sometime you know how it works. Just because it hasn't always been the Gospel according to Slinkyyou decide that its right to get shirty & personal.

Your final comments on here are very offensive, but thats life.

:)

Slinky, I think I may have missed something here.

Was it not my post you tried to rubbish ?

Was it not you who thought it right not to reply as you thought my comments were immature ?

Now you say you are being ganged up against !

This is a forum about debate & as you have read it for sometime you know how it works. Just because it hasn't always been the Gospel according to Slinkyyou decide that its right to get shirty & personal.

Your final comments on here are very offensive, but thats life.

My final comments are comments you have used against Tinnion. I'm glad you agree they are offensive.

You're really not very bright are you.

My final comments are comments you have used against Tinnion. I'm glad you agree they are offensive.

You're really not very bright are you.

Final comments - lets hope so eh ? :D

Not sure where I agreed they were offensive & I see you didn't bother to highlight where else I was offensive?

Tinkerman, I didn't see as offensive.

But hey us that ain't bright, must bow to your greater intelligence.

Thanks for your commenst I will take them on board. :)

Strikes me as a case of damned if he does damned if he doesn't.

You can't blame Tinnion for poor results and then say it was nothing to do with him when we get a good one, at least not with any credibility.

He's said all along he wanted Tommy to get his head straight and concentrate on his football. Unless you do alot of supposition and guesswork to come up with an alternative the face value of Saturday is that it seems to have worked.

If he gets the stick for bad results he has to take at least some of the credit for good ones. I hope he picks a similar side next game.

Nibor

Final comments - lets hope so eh ? :D

Not sure where I agreed they were offensive & I see you didn't bother to highlight where else I was offensive?

Tinkerman, I didn't see as offensive.

But hey us that ain't bright, must bow to your greater intelligence.

Thanks for your commenst I will take them on board. :)

You said Tinnion had his head up his own arse in post 1 on this topic. You said those words were offensive when used against YOU in post 26 on this topic.

Anything to help the hard of thinking.

And I was referring to my "final comments" in the previous post in the same way you referred to them. I doubt you will take any comments on board as you can't even remember things you have written on the same topic.

Don't you even read your own posts let alone anyone eles?

Archived