IGNORED

Why Do You Support

Evocare

How did it come about?  

149 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Heh.... I want to know who put "I was Rovers, but i saw the light"! :ph34r:

As for me....none of these really apply. I'm a foreigner - I wasn't obligated to any particular team. It was sort of combination of coin toss, live near the Gate, and I just thought something seemed dodgy about the Gas. The Gasheads I ran into seemed overly eager to recruit me in a greasy car salesman sort of way whereas the City fans responded with an attitude of, "Choose whoever you want, luv, but you'll recognize quality when you see it."

.....Kelly ;)

Heh.... I want to know who put "I was Rovers, but i saw the light"!  :D

As for me....none of these really apply.  I'm a foreigner - I wasn't obligated to any particular team.  It was sort of combination of coin toss, live near the Gate, and I just thought something seemed dodgy about the Gas.  The Gasheads I ran into seemed overly eager to recruit me in a greasy car salesman sort of way whereas the City fans responded with an attitude of, "Choose whoever you want, luv, but you'll recognize quality when you see it."

.....Kelly :laugh:

Very funny, your right though, there is somthing car salesmany about the Gas, a combination of Swiss Tony and Frank Butcher :ph34r:

Like pikeys though, they don't look you in the eye ;)

Guest bristolbred

Out of the 8 of us living in Avonmouth, i was the only one interested in Football, and at that time the Gas were the better team in Bristol, so i started following the Underdog!!!.

:ph34r:;)

suppose i'd have to go with Other because all my family are gasheads, i live in the north and we've never played good footy.

I was given the choice when i weas younger, i'd go to see the rovers one week and city the next, when i was aksed to make a choice, i chose City.

suppose i'd have to go with Other because all my family are gasheads, i live in the north and we've never played good footy.

I was given the choice when i weas younger, i'd go to see the rovers one week and city the next, when i was aksed to make a choice, i chose City.

What a fully justified decision.

I am a City supporter and have been since my friend offered me to go, used to go down with my uncle in and out when i was a tiny tot (and i can always remember getting nervous about us scoring and everybody shouting and screaming funny that because the first game i watched we won 4 - 0 against Notts County in 1996.)

I got into to supporting city after my dad took me just before my 6th b'day. We went a couple of times on his works season ticket, and that was me hooked. I'm the only one in the family that supports city as i was the only one born that way when we lived in weston. My dad used to go to fair number of games when lived down there before i was born and when i was too young to really go and watch. He goes along to all away games that i go to as he drives me to them, but he's slowly going to less home games with me so now have to go alone nowadays as he drops me off and goes back to visiting one of my 2 sisters that still live down there.

The teams that the rest of my family support are, dad peterborough, my mum cambridge, one of my sisters is west brom, only cos of super bob as she was a junior red and then when he left she changed sides.

I had a friend who played for city youth and he got free tickets for home games. So i went with him to walsall game and we won 4-1 so ive kept coming back ever since that was in 1996. He sadly stopped playing for city about 2 years later after breaking his leg in a school match

Why? My father moved to Bristol (well North somerset actually) and I decided I was tired of supporting Liverpool (growing up in America they were the only team on the TV) so I did some research and we all went to see City, Rovers and Yeovil. The family divided as 3 of us went City and 2 Yeovil, but all liking both clubs and thinking Rovers were crap in multiple ways.

I'd understand the question: Why do you support Bristol R*vers? because it is obviously utterly baffling why a person would do such a thing...

But Why do you support Bristol City? ??? those that know need no explanation and those that need to ask will never understand.

I am from Taunton, although I was living in South Africa at the time, and began supporting City as a 'local'team when they were flying high in Division 2 in 1975.My first game was in Dec 1978,vs Liverpool at AG, 1-0.(On holiday from SA) By the time I returned to England aged 17 in 1982, we were a fourth division team!!

My grandad used to play for City in the 50's semi-professional and was offered professional terms. My dad took me to my first game against Chelsea in a pre season friendly about 14 years ago. 2 or 3 years later he took me to 1 Rovers game and 1 City game and gave me a choice. Fair to say i made the right choice!

I choosed "other".

About 10 years ago i started to interest in Bristol music: Massive Attack, Portishead, UNKLE etc... I read bout Roberto Del Naja - supporter of BCFC. I found very interesting that he is real fan (he designed a ticket some yeras ago etc.). Then i started to read about Bristol City and realize that by Jackie its is connected with my team, Polonia Warsaw...

So, i've never been in Bristol but i can say that i support City.

In my opinion its very important to choose your own team. When i was a kid Polonia played in 3rd league. And some years later Legia played in Champions League (they've beat Blackburn etc). So for me - Polonia was completly unknown. I've never heard of Polonia since i was 16 years old and everyone around me supported Legia!

In 1996 Polonia was promoted to 1st League. I started to read about history of both clubs and have no problems with choose which one should i support... And its not important that most of my friends support Legia - i feel connected with my city so Polonia Warsaw is the only option.

My dad took me to my first game in '79 when I was 6.. We were in the old first division and we played Spurs.. I have been hooked ever since. We went with my dads mate and his son, and the two of us had to stand on a milk crate in the east end so that we could see!

Havent missed too many games at home since then, and get to a couple of away games each season.

Have converted my other half from Man U to City - she goes to the games with me, and the kids are all City fans as well.

From when me late Grand-father took me when we were in the old first division, i was a Liverpool supporter ( i was only about 6) at the time, Liverpool beat us 3-1 which saw us relegated and my gramp and his friends were really gutted, it was at that point i knew i was'nt a liverpool supporter, i was city born and bread and i was always going to be city, nothing else.

Took my daughter a few times now when i'm down the ashton neck of the woods, shes now hooked, the wifes family are all Arsenal, so was me little en till she walked through the gates down at ashton, now she's hooked.

Archived