IGNORED

Gillespie?

Cheltenham Fan

It seems pointless to me that he ever came back.

We had 6 players unavailable on Saturday and he still couldn't get on, even as a sub.

I think Gilly saw this coming though, his comment about "wanting to go back to Cheltenham if things didn't work out at Ashton Gate" was very revealing.

What is McCann like? we badly need a left sided player or two and I wonder if you would take Gillespie in a straight swap.

Gilly and Goodfellow, both called back and both surplus to requirements. Actually i've always considered Gilly better going forward in attack, rather than a Lita style striker. Give him 20 minutes tomorrow or Saturday along side Brown, 2 scousers together....very competitive. Either way the match conditioning Gilly acquired at Cheltenham will soon be lost.At Layer road we used Wilks and Cotterill out of position, why not Gilly.

Isn't Goodfellow injured?

Yes, but started once since his recall from Swansea. BCFC refused 2 Swansea offers, and Swansea bought McLeod[?]. Have to wonder how real the foot injury is. Another thread said that Murray was working out in a local Gym yesterday, but listed as ill/injured on the main site. Either way Goody has never figured in Tins plans, and has pretty much wasted a year of his career.

I can't believe that we would keep a player who has no future here, I'm sure if that was the case, some deal with Swansea would have been reached.

Swansea offerred 25,000 which was refused, they improved that offer, but Tins/SL said it was still not enough. Swansea went shopping elsewhere. City have over 100,000 invested in Goodfellow and want as much of that back as possible.

• Admin
Swansea offerred 25,000 which was refused, they improved that offer, but Tins/SL said it was still not enough. Swansea went shopping elsewhere. City have over 100,000 invested in Goodfellow and want as much of that back as possible.

Why would we continue to pay a player with no future? Removing him from the wage bill would also come into the equation, along with sell on clauses, appearance clauses etc.

I still find it hard to believe that if he was totally out of Tinnions plans, a deal couldn't have been brokered.

What is McCann like? we badly need a left sided player or two and I wonder if you would take Gillespie in a straight swap.

Our best left sided player is Martin Devaney (top scorer so far too). McCann is more central nowadays.

Devaney is out of contract at the end of the year, and looks almost certainly on his way. He says he wants to player higher. We'd almost certainly do a Devaney-Gillespie straight swap.

Our best left sided player is Martin Devaney (top scorer so far too). McCann is more central nowadays.

Devaney is out of contract at the end of the year, and looks almost certainly on his way. He says he wants to player higher. We'd almost certainly do a Devaney-Gillespie straight swap.

I smell summer signing :)

Martin Devaney????  :)  :D  :wacko: If you think we have problems with players going out for nights on the pop.........Blows hot and cold from what I remember.....Once shared a jacuzzi with him mind!

:blush:

Rich: ooo The bubbles have stopped

Martin: No they aint

Rich: oh yeah

Why would we continue to pay a player with no future? Removing him from the wage bill would also come into the equation, along with sell on clauses, appearance clauses etc.

I still find it hard to believe that if he was totally out of Tinnions plans, a deal couldn't have been brokered.

Many on the forum likewise find it hard to fathom. We bought him, he has barely been used, the BCFC site mentioned the offers, he's still here, cant add to that, its been asked on Steve & Colin site as well.

Archived