IGNORED

A Bit Of Positive Spin

PhatWill

Despite the fact I think we haven't got a hope in hell of reaching the play-offs, the players and Tinnion must steer away from pessimism like mine and focus on trying to win enough games to get us into the top 6. Funny things can happen to teams that have several games in hand at the end of the season like Brentford etc will. Just look at the gas when they got relegated...

With 13 games left I think it would be some achievement to finish on 75 points which would give us a fair chance of finishing in 6th spot which I think any of us would take now.

That means we need another 27 points which equates to 9 more wins from 13 games. I'd prefer to look at it as winning 8 games, drawing 3 games and losing just 2. It would be an incredible upturn in form, but it is nevertheless not impossible with our squad.

For starters we have to start winning at home IMMEDIATELY. Anything less than 3 points tomorrow and its all over. Looking positively at the situation IF we were to win our next 2 home games then suddenly you're only looking at needing 6 wins, 3 draws and 2 loses from our remaining 11.

So, as I see it we MUST win these next two home games really. If we do then a very respectable total of 75 points is possible and if we win the next two then maybe we could even look beyond that total.

There's a lot of if's and but's. Realistically though, let's see where we are after next Saturday - hopefully 6 points better off.

Despite the fact I think we haven't got a hope in hell of reaching the play-offs, the players and Tinnion must steer away from pessimism like mine and focus on trying to win enough games to get us into the top 6. Funny things can happen to teams that have several games in hand at the end of the season like Brentford etc will. Just look at the gas when they got relegated...

With 13 games left I think it would be some achievement to finish on 75 points which would give us a fair chance of finishing in 6th spot which I think any of us would take now.

That means we need another 27 points which equates to 9 more wins from 13 games. I'd prefer to look at it as winning 8 games, drawing 3 games and losing just 2. It would be an incredible upturn in form, but it is nevertheless not impossible with our squad.

For starters we have to start winning at home IMMEDIATELY. Anything less than 3 points tomorrow and its all over. Looking positively at the situation IF we were to win our next 2 home games then suddenly you're only looking at needing 6 wins, 3 draws and 2 loses from our remaining 11.

So, as I see it we MUST win these next two home games really. If we do then a very respectable total of 75 points is possible and if we win the next two then maybe we could even look beyond that total.

There's a lot of if's and but's. Realistically though, let's see where we are after next Saturday - hopefully 6 points better off.

You are right in what you say. Whatever anyone thinks privately it is important everyone stays positive for the sake of the club.

I agree about the games in hand. Who knows? Now Brentford could potentially face Man U in the FA Cup, that could be just the distraction to make them stutter in the league.

Martin Allen seems an excellent if slightly mad motivator and I am sure he will do his best to stop that happening. But it could prove to be helpful to us.

Every game feels like a must win at the moment but the season certainly isn't all over yet.

The trouble is its hard to be optimistic at the moment, the team are not as good as last year and certainly arent as good to watch. Its obvious that most of the crowd feel the same now so the slightest little thing gets peoples backs up and the boos will start. Ive never voiced my displeasure at the team untill the Walsall game and maybe now its going to take alot for Brian to change that.

i just cant help but think what would have have happened if Danny wasnt sacked, i got slated at the start of the season for saying it was a mistake to let him go and appoint Tinnion but i think most people would agree now. it just seems like after making big steps forward in the last 2 seasons we have taken several massive steps back. When you look at the top teams this season there nowhere near as good as City,Plymouth or QPR were last season, its a poor league this year and thats what makes it even more frustrating.

Still who wants a trip to St Marys next season when we could be travelling to Huish Park!

All we can do is look to win the next game.

With so many teams involved (therefore playing each other) , Brentford's Cup run plus the inevitable end of Season nerves (last year us , QPR & Plymouth were all edgy at the death) then anything is possible and nothing is predictable.

Bring on Oldham , cheer on the lads to victory , and then see where we are.

Also, in 1964-5 we were in a similar if not worse situation as we are now with about the same number of games left.  A very good run in saw us finish second and gain promotion.

I didn't realise you were that old, Nick :)

I remember my dad telling me about that, we lost to orient who were top at Christmas then went unbeaten right through.

Like you I don't think we can do it, but there could be some external things in our favour. If brentford could beat Southampton I would be amazed if they can still make the play offs, the back log of games etc and the distraction of going to Old trafford would be too much I feel.

Of the other teams we will be battling against, I wouldn't think there are any of them that could lose 6 players and still win a game like we did this weekend.

It's clutching at straws though. :D

You are right in what you say. Whatever anyone thinks privately it is important everyone stays positive for the sake of the club.

I agree about the games in hand. Who knows? Now Brentford could potentially face Man U in the FA Cup, that could be just the distraction to make them stutter in the league.

Martin Allen seems an excellent if slightly mad motivator and I am sure he will do his best to stop that happening. But it could prove to be helpful to us.

Every game feels like a must win at the moment but the season certainly isn't all over yet.

Yes,whatever people think privately,or even what people think they want you to think. Positive is how we must be.

I'm with Phatwell on this one.

I think that Tinnion could have got the lucky break he was looking for on Saturday & we can hopefully have the right players in the team to do the job from here on in.

two wins now will give the chance we need.

Don't like Tinnion,but I want promotion - BADLY

I didn't realise you were that old, Nick :)

I remember my dad telling me about that, we lost to orient who were top at Christmas then went unbeaten right through.

Like you I don't think we can do it, but there could be some external things in our favour. If brentford could beat Southampton I would be amazed if they can still make the play offs, the back log of games etc and the distraction of going to Old trafford would be too much I feel.

Of the other teams we will be battling against, I wouldn't think there are any of them that could lose 6 players and still win a game like we did this weekend.

It's clutching at straws though. :wacko:

Think u will find its brentford or southampton at home to Man Utd so unless brentford got a draw (and thats saying they beat Southampton) I can't see them going to old trafford. :D

And if we were to achieve that it would mean we are finishing on an upcurve of form for the first time since 2000 - a better frame of mind to enter the lottery of the play-offs in than the fizzling out of the last two years.

And if we were to achieve that it would mean we are finishing on an upcurve of form for the first time since 2000 - a better frame of mind to enter the lottery of the play-offs in than the fizzling out of the last two years.

Exactly. I forgot to move on to that point, who's going to want to face a side in the play-offs that have won at least 9 out of their 14 final league games?

No-one.

What could help is that I think sixth place could well have an all time low points tally this season, as the Division is more even/bad/good, take your pick, than it has been for the last few years.

You're about right with you scenario of winning games, with the two most important being Bmth-Home and Brent-Away.

If Brentfords game at Hartlepool is postponed tomorrow,they could have four/five games to catch up and that will take it's toll.

All we can do is Win games and let the others worry about us.

Simple.

Archived