IGNORED

Ah Well

Bristol Boy

As they say the best laid oplans of mice & men.......and Tins! :grr:

Irelands recalled and Posh have rejected our bid.........after we already agreed the fee, at the end of the loan, so the amount wasn't in question :blush::blush:

Penny wise, Pound Foolish :)

Should we have not messed about and signed him while we had chance?

Good job Carey came back and we haven't sold Coles :wacko:

Hopefully, if we'd sold Coles, we'd have had the money to go and get someone else :D

Doherty's injured (never, he is, you know), so's Goodfellow (remind me, why didn't we let him leave?) and Fortune's on his sick bed with an injury that seems to be OK one minute and not the next!

Simpson, Woodman, Miller & Amaankwah are out on loan, two can't be recalled whatever happens and it's all quite on the bids front for Coles & Miller.

Never boring here, is it?

Assuming everyone else is OK, we could go 3-5-2....... but we haven't got enough central defenders!!

So it's 4-4-2 and we're looking a bit of a shambles again:

..............................Phillips........................................

Smith.................Coles..................Carey....................Bell....

Cotterill.............Dinning................Brown.................Wilkshire...

......................Lita...................Brooker............................

SUBS

Heffernan

Gillespie

Orr

Murray

Skuse

Actually, it's not that bad a team and should be capable of beating Oldham & Blackpool.........then, I said that about Chesterfield & Walsall :laugh:

Hopefully, we'll have CI back for Luton away and, if not, Howard will have his usual field day against us.

Unless we thrash tha chaddies of Oldham & Blackpool, I's still look at 3-5-2 away to Luton.......enough players permitting and we must have that ball winning centre half in the side for it to gel!

Have you ever played Championship Manager BB?

Sometimes I think you're convinced you are actually the City boss.

:wacko:

I allways find his posts amusing though :)

Have you got Fm2005 Bristol Boy? If not i suggest you buy it, i myself play it far too much and offen use the editor to move in current players like Dinning, Ireland etc, ah well i'm not here to spam FM2005, so i'll get me coat :D

I'd prefer Orr instead of Dinning, (and Woody instead of Bell but that another 3-5-2 thread).

I'd just wondered why 'the underachiever' gets in instead of the 'angry young chicken'?

Experience, in a word.

With the midfield four comprising of an 18 year old striker, playing on the right wing, a central midfielder of 20 on the left wing and another 19 year old in Brown, who's in all of his fourth league game, I thought we needed somebody to tell them what to do and, moreover, slow things down :D......er, I mean anchor midfield and play the defensive role. :)

Guest Tactical Genius

Quite simply Dinning is the best defensive midfielder at the club, whereas Orr will not play league football again once he leaves Bristol City.

Guest Tactical Genius

Burnell knew how to pass the ball, win the ball, and track back properly. He was a defender played out of position but he was able to protect the back four from the middle of the pitch. Orr does not possess any of these qualities.

Burnell knew how to pass the ball, win the ball, and track back properly. He was a defender played out of position but he was able to protect the back four from the middle of the pitch. Orr does not possess any of these qualities.

Not forgetting he was DWs son for a few seasons now he's out injured at wycombe :)

Steady on. Burnell was played out of position but he still displayed a clear inability to be able to pass the ball and he was an arrogant n.o.b who no-one at the club had any time for with it.

I have time for Orr because he is mobile and seems keen to improve his game. However, it has become clear this season that he isn't up to this standard.

Dinning is lazy and shows a very poor example to the players around him ie ORR...and I think it was a very big mistake to sign him.

Burnell knew how to pass the ball,

Right, that's it.

You're barred :)

Joe Burnell was to passing what Cyril Smith was to hang gliding

win the ball, and track back properly.

That he could do, shortly followed by giving it away again

He was a defender played out of position

Agreed

but he was able to protect the back four from the middle of the pitch. Orr does not possess any of these qualities.

Actually, I think Orr is similar, just taller.

I think he's more of a defender as well.

JB was slightly quicker around the pitch, but rarely scored and neither get past the ball much.

Guest Tactical Genius
Dinning is lazy and shows a very poor example to the players around him ie ORR...and I think it was a very big mistake to sign him.

I'm not as prone to repeating myself as Bristol Boy is, but as I've said before, if I was Dinning and I kept seeing Orr being picked ahead of me I would be lazy too because there would be little point making an effort. It would be like Lampard seeing Scott Parker take his place.

edit: spelling

I'm not as prone to repeating myself as Bristol Boy is, but as I've said before, if I was Dinning and I kept seeing Orr being picked ahead of me I would be lazy too because they would be little point making an effort. It would be like Lampard seeing Scott Parker take his place.

You've just backed up my point surely?

You think if Scott Parker was picked ahead of Frank Lampard then Lamps would stroll onto the pitch and not bother trying?

I think not! He'd fight for his place, something that Dinning has evidently not done since he has been at the club.

Guest Tactical Genius

Ok, maybe not the best analogy to make after a few fizzy drinks.

Some players need a kick up the arse, some need to know they are wanted. I'd wager that Dinning belongs in the second category and gets all insular and moody by seeing someone so bereft of talent in the side ahead of him.

Quite simply Dinning is the best defensive midfielder at the club, whereas Orr will not play league football again once he leaves Bristol City.

When you say defensive do you really mean laziest?? Agree that Orr needs to do a lot of work to make it as a pro. He runs around a lot but has the tendency to go missing from games - You can go 70 / 80 minutes without realising he is on the pitch. Still at least he tries..

Archived