IGNORED

Football In The Park

Rich-TWSC-

This is a Spin-Off topic from the "Did I Give Away a Penalty" thread

The overwhelming majority of us have played football in the park... We've all experienced the same banter etc...

01) Hitting the ball as hard as you can and the goalie staying "you can get that!"

02) Chav-esque people whacking the ball in the other direction

03) Somebody picking up the ball (nearer to the end of the day) and running with it!

04) Short people playing in goal who say "I could never have got that in a million years" (From Taz)

05) Goalie "That was over" Striker "How was that over" etc etc etc

06) When it goes just over the inside of the jumper

and it's given as post when I think it would have gone in-off. (From deadratinmycider)

07) The "Next Goal Wins" rule

Any more contributions?

The classic one when we used to play at school was a player being hacked down by a two-footed lunge, the ball rolling to a player on the 'victims' team, who controls it and stops playing.

Next thing the foulers team boom 'hes played on, HES PLAYED ON!' before taking the ball back and usually scoring the winning goal...

Oh happy days...

And games like Heads & Volleys and World Cup... or World Cup doubles if you had enough people!

I used to hate being in goal for Heads & Volleys, when you were 2-0 up and

one more miss would get you out of goal. The outfield guys would poo

themselves and start volleying shots from a yard out and diving headers

on the line. Cheats :@

I used to hate being in goal for Heads & Volleys, when you were 2-0 up and

one more miss would get you out of goal. The outfield guys would poo

themselves and start volleying shots from a yard out and diving headers

on the line. Cheats  :@

we had a rule, if the balls went out a play after the 60secs, ewe'd add on 10secs, I tell you I was always in Goal, it was like Injery(sp) time for Man united :whistle: :@

Guest MaloneFM

Anyone remember Wembley?

Everyone aginst everyone else. You score you sit it out till the next round. The kid that didn't score was out. Everyone back on to do it again until one kid versus another kid to find the winner.

Got so popular the government got involved, knocked the game down, pumped millions down the drain restructuring it and it hasn't been seen since.

Careful Malone-politics

Goalposts that get bigger as people take a jumper off or throw something else on top of the pile.

The hard-nuts that ride up and down the fields on a motorbike of some sort and insist on riding through the pitch (and in some cases pinching items of your goalpost and riding off with them).

Dog crap on the field :@

Someone being called in for their tea, disrupt the game, and not come back for an hour (or sometimes at all).

The idiot that decides to clear the ball out of play......over some blokes fence/wall and then proceeds to sit down whilst someone else goes to get it.

Arriving late for one of those huge games involving every lad in the neighbourhood, asking "Which way are you going?" to the best player then just joining in. Once it gets past about 25-a-side nobody notices.

Totting up the score by asking everyone how many goals they have individually scored. Final results of 52-46 in an hour long game were not uncommon.

Playing on concrete pitches at school, with the goals painted on a wall. Diving goalies a rarity.

The fat kid being put in goal.

Four or five different games going on at the same time, and all across each other. Sometimes playing in up to three separate matches simultaneously.

Further to the dog poo theme - remember identifying the areas of doggie doo doo, and this being Sarf London, let me tell you there was always loads of the stuff, then playing the ball into enticing positions trying to draw a slide tackle out of an unsuspecting opposition player. Best of all if there was some near the goal - cue lots of long wide shots to try and get the keeper to dive in it.

Everybody on BOTH sides trying to get the ball off the best player on either team. And failing.

Happy days ... :ph34r:

Those stinger footballs felt just lovely on a cold winters day when your thighs could no longer be felt and you'd rather be on the bus home.

Performing tricks on the playground that you'll never repeat in a real game.

Rebounding the ball back to yourself off a wall/fence round the opposition player.

Pole-axing/body-checking players into aforementioned wall/fence.

In our school we had a huge puddle towards the end of the playground which would fill with water every time it rained - someone would take great delight in running the ball towards that corner only to be completely drenched by half the opposition team.

Twins who seemed to play football almost joined together and where unsurprisingly telepathic i.e. knew where their twin would move next.

City V Rovers. Ahhh The days when we would be outnumbered 2 to 1 and still win. What defense :city::D

Someone running the ball to the corner of the playground. Cue massive pile-on type scenario only stood up.

Someone with the amazing ability to dream up the score even though it is a)clear his team aren't winning and b) they havent scored that many goals anyway.

I'm sure there are plenty more but that's my offering for now. :grr:

Archived