IGNORED

Gate Last Night

wayne allisons tongues

If we have about 8500 season ticket holders and oldham brought along 108 fans that only leaves 400 paying home fans on the night. Not a good figure at all. Do they work the gate by season ticket holders plus payees or people only through the turnstile on the night. For surely they cannot double sell a seat can they.

Thanks for clearing that up makes sense, only one question if 19000 turnt up last night with only 7000 season ticket holders can we sell the other seats or would be classed as a sell out with 1000 empty seats and 1000 locked out.

Obviously we can't sell a ST holders seat because he could turn up at any time during the game and demand his seat. So, yes technically, it would be a sell out with thousands of empty seats. Unlikely though.

But are they still put on the gate for there seat has been sold already.

Then what happened at cup matches v Peterborough and M.K Dons bringing gates of 3092 and 3367; I think its bodies through turnstiles :whistle:

Just wondering for slightly concerned if only 400 people did pay last night that is roughly 50k for the match which is not a lot of money for a home game and if same happened on saturday that would only be 100k for 3 weeks from walsall to barnsley which is roughly 4 weeks which is 25k a week which i suspect does not cover wages. I am a season ticket holder and go to all games but get worried when we only have gates of 9000, do not want to see club go bust.

Just wondering for slightly concerned if only 400 people did pay last night that is roughly 50k for the match which is not a lot of money for a home game and if same happened on saturday that would only be 100k for 3 weeks from walsall to barnsley which is roughly 4 weeks which is 25k a week which i suspect does not cover wages. I am a season ticket holder and go to all games but get worried when we only have gates of 9000, do not want to see club go bust.

I can see where you are coming from, but there were many many season ticket holders who didn't bother last night. I , myself, know several. They have already paid for their seat for that game so whether they turn up or not, doesnt matter to us financially, apart from the cash they would have spent on food etc on the night. If the missing 1000 or so ST holders HAD turned up, you would be looking at a gate of 10,000+ which would be around average for a cold, mid table match.

I think you will find it would be illegal for them to sell the same seat (ie. STH) twice.

A STH already holds the ticket for his seat for all home league games and therefore the ticket is unavailable to sell.

Attendances (traditionally called 'the gate') are 'theoretically' counted as bodies through turnstiles (plus a few extras already mentioned above) and the STH numbers are irrelevant.

• Admin
I think you will find it would be illegal for them to sell the same seat (ie. STH) twice. 

A STH already holds the ticket for his seat for all home league games and therefore the ticket is unavailable to sell.

Attendances (traditionally called 'the gate') are 'theoretically' counted as bodies through turnstiles (plus a few extras already mentioned above) and the STH numbers are irrelevant.

The only time they do is occasions like last season's play-off where they offered compensation to those STH's who couldn't attend and informed the club. Oh and through the "occasional" mix-ups :whistle:

But, you are all forgetting the 25% discount, which seems to happen more than often :whistle:

i.e - 15,000 actually inside = OFFICIAL ATTENDANCE 11,250 :city:

Mate, 400 people at about £20 per head is £8,000 NOT £50,000!!

There again if they were all juveniles it would be less than £4000; of course you would have to see detailed ticket sales and for what area; job for an accountant really :whistle: know any :P

Guest pentlandsl
U forgot to add on the pasties and hot chocolate :ph34r:

Yes, but pasties and hot chocolate don't buy tickets, they sneak in en-mass in cardboard boxes, crafty little beggars . . . .

The only time they do is occasions like last season's play-off where they offered compensation to those STH's who couldn't attend and informed the club. Oh and through the "occasional" mix-ups  :ph34r:

eh? ;)

The play-offs are not part of the regular season and therefore an STH does not hold any claim to his seat - apart from having the privilege of first refusal before it goes on general sale.

"Occasional mix-ups" - Yes, but you usually find it's an error on the part of the geezer who's sitting in your seat! :D

Got an answer from the steve l board and 6500 sth turned up on tuesday which meant 2500 roughly paying fans which is not great financially. Only bit concerned about was colin s said some clubs add all sth to oficial gate some don't. How does that work regards accounts surely all clubs should work out gates same ay.

• Admin
eh?  :ph34r:

The play-offs are not part of the regular season and therefore an STH does not hold any claim to his seat - apart from having the privilege of first refusal before it goes on general sale.

"Occasional mix-ups" - Yes, but you usually find it's an error on the part of the geezer who's sitting in your seat!  :D

I should have realised what I was typing ;)

It was for one of the games at the tail end of last season. The club appealed to any STH not planning to attend that game to let the club know and they would sell the ticket to someone else. I think they offered £5 in return. Plymouth perhaps?

Archived