IGNORED

Evatt

redmeanie

Says so on the chesterfield website, sort of...in the rumours bit, ish.

But on chesterfield forum, fans are split on his ability. one poster thought he was god. Another poster suggested playing santa claus in evatts place because he gives less away. Still, I'd be chuffed if we signed him.

No, lets offer a bit more for Ireland even though it's a little more than we were prepared to splash out. It was apparent that we missed him last night. I think Fry is trying to pull a fast one on us, by turning down our offer (20,000?) but if we let it go we will be cutting off our nose to spite our face.

why not make a bid for Evatt and Nelson?!

I'd tell Barry Fry to go do one and refuse to make a bid for ireland - just in spite of him recalling Ireland!!!!!!!

why not make a bid for Evatt and Nelson?!

I'd tell Barry Fry to go do one and refuse to make a bid for ireland - just in spite of him recalling Ireland!!!!!!!

But we did exactly the same with Goodfellow. We recalled him when he was playing out of his skin, to try to prompt a good offer from Swansea. It never worked, and now we are stuck with a player we obviously don't want, and they are struggling for goals without him.

But we did exactly the same with Goodfellow. We recalled him when he was playing out of his skin, to try to prompt a good offer from Swansea. It never worked, and now we are stuck with a player we obviously don't want, and they are struggling for goals without him.

Erm, does that not equal ...... make a bigger offer then if your serious?

ye but id prefer Nelson anyway!!!!!

but it would teach Barry Fry a lesson, and in the long run, we may even get Ireland on the cheap or at least for the £20,000 agreed during his loan spell!

As we have spent £375k so far this season (on Brooker and Heffernan) and only got £150k back (on Hill and Roberts), I would have thought any bid above the £20k range that we made for Ireland would have to be funded by selling someone first and Miller seems to be the most likely.

Whatever else you can say Steve L and the board have backed Tinnion (and Wilson) with a lot of cash for this level and I can't see a six figure sum being made available right now unless someone is sold.

I'm confused, it doesn't take much! :yawn:

I thought Ireland's was fee was quoted as a '5 figure sum'. Doesn't that have to be £100,000 plus??? It was in the paper so it must be true. :whistle:

So where did the £20,000 bid come from, is that the bid or the downpayment??? Has there been some misunderstanding between Tinnion and Fry. Fry said he wanted a 5 figure bid and Tinnion says it is... a 2 with 4 noughts after it! :city:

I'm confused, it doesn't take much! :city:

I thought Ireland's was fee was quoted as a '5 figure sum'. Doesn't that have to be £100,000 plus???

No. It has to be £10,000 plus. £100,000 would be six figures. Count them. :whistle:

Archived