IGNORED

Cashpoint Machine

Tim S

Who else had the problem on tuesday night of no cashpoint machine???

Tuesday night, i came down, bought my ticket but then realised I had no money for drinks/burgers - and i was starving! So started to make the long treck over to sainsburys to the nearest cashpoint. EMPTY! How frustrating is that!?

Several times the club have said they will look into getting a machine but never have. I for one would use it if they got one. If dodgy corner shops can get them, surely city can!

Who else had the problem on tuesday night of no cashpoint machine???

Tuesday night, i came down, bought my ticket but then realised I had no money for drinks/burgers - and i was starving! So started to make the long treck over to sainsburys to the nearest cashpoint. EMPTY! How frustrating is that!?

Several times the club have said they will look into getting a machine but never have. I for one would use it if they got one. If dodgy corner shops can get them, surely city can!

We looked at it extensively over the Christmas period, but concluded that at this stage it was not commercially viable.

Guest DAMIEN-LITA
We looked at it extensively over the Christmas period, but concluded that at this stage it was not commercially viable.

How is it not VIABLE ! you would earn £1.50 from every transaction !

Guest XrAnGeX

It seems ridiculous.

I have also encountered this problem, which resulted in me having to walk all the way up to the tobacco factory. :@

Average of 11,000ish per game and no cash point. Surely the club are losing out.

It really isn't a lot to ask ! ! :ph34r:

It seems ridiculous.

I have also encountered this problem, which resulted in me having to walk all the way up to the tobacco factory.  :@

Average of 11,000ish per game and no cash point. Surely the club are losing out.

It really isn't a lot to ask ! ! :ph34r:

I suspect the insurance premiums and hire costs would be very expensive. As somebody pointed out earlier - just organise yourselves better, it really isn't that difficult.

Guest SW Valleys Red

... Not Commercially Viable.

What is so wrong in providing a service (that may or may not be economically viable or efficently profitable)that is quite clearly required by the supporters - without whom, this club would not survive?

Just petition one of the local pubs next to the ground to get one in. It would be more viable for them to have one (regular footfall throughout the week) plus they have the bonus of people coming in on matchday.

I don't think some people appreciate that the club has to pay rental costs for a unit which would only be used maybe once a week, and then not for long periods during the summer.

Companies such as LINK won't pay the club to have the unit, and I'd expect that most of the fee would go to covering costs, that is if the cash point breaks even. I can't believe that too many people would make a huge use of it, only the odd couple for the convenience.

Guest MaloneFM
How is it not VIABLE ! you would earn £1.50 from every transaction !

How much do they cost to rent and maintain?

To be honest not a clue but the banks own theirs and these shops rent theirs from Securicor

How many times will they be used?

Quite a few times every second saturday of the month and a few wednesdays for 9 out of 12 months. Shops get daily visitors, have longer opening hours.

Where will it be sited?

Club shop? Usually empty all week. One of the bars..same thing. Outside? Get vandalised or have a skimming device fitted.

£1.50 for very transcation probably wouldn't cover thr greif it would cause.

Use the one in West Street or annoy Sainsburys

I have to agree its all about organising one self better.

Any way, just to show how times change.

When I wur a kid, and played football all saturday morning

long at the Wedlocks end of Ashton park,by the toilets

I always needed to phone some one after finishing

footy.

No phone box by the toilets,always had a vision BT would

install one by the wedlocks pub

saving me a long walk to the tollgate

house end of ashton park,where there was a phone box

Alas a thing called the mobile phone put paid to that dream.

Archived