IGNORED

Akinbyi To Burnley

DANNY

Guest Harry May
If only we could of had a clause on every transfer he has had since leaving us, we would of made a small fortune.£600,000 this time.

Burnley got PNE on saturday - I think Matty will have his work cut out!

Caldicot Red

Oddly enough Gillingham had a clause whereby not only did they get around 40% of the profit when we sold him to Wolves, but they were still making money on him when he was sold to Leicester.

If Tony Pulis received a percentage, say 20%, every fee where he has been a manager and been involved in selling or buying AA, he would pretty well off by now. Bought him from Norwich, (not sure how much for),sold him to us for £1.3 million as manager of Gills, sold him to Wolves for 3.5 million from us, bought him for Stoke from Palace (not sure of the fee) and now selling him for £600,000.

I wonder if he ever thought of doing that?

Guest Tactical Genius

He did do it didn't he, or at least to some degree at Gillingham. I remember a lot of animosity because he personally profited from selling Akinbiyi to Wolves.

Oddly enough Gillingham had a clause whereby not only did they get around 40% of the profit when we sold him to Wolves, but they were still making money on him when he was sold to Leicester.

If Tony Pulis received a percentage, say 20%, every fee where he has been a manager and been involved in selling or buying AA, he would pretty well off by now. Bought him from Norwich, (not sure how much for),sold him to us for £1.3 million as manager of Gills, sold him to Wolves for 3.5 million from us, bought him for Stoke from Palace (not sure of the fee) and now selling him for £600,000.

I wonder if he ever thought of doing that?

Report in one of the papers yesterday commented that Ade has now been sold for transfer fees totalling about £15million! Very few other players currently playing come anywhere near that figure.

Guest Tactical Genius

We did not use him to the best of his capabilities though it has to be said.

When we weren't expecting him to score with thumping back post headers we were giving him the ball to his feet with his back to goal thus wxpecting him to turn and beat his defender before he even got the chance to use his pace.

Report in one of the papers yesterday commented that Ade has now been sold for transfer fees totalling about £15million! Very few other players currently playing come anywhere near that figure.

Interesting that as a footballer you can be more more money by being transferred a lot than you can by being a really successful player. I know that the two can be linked but you can't really argue that Akinbiye is one of the greats. How much money did Steve Claridge make from transfers?

Second point: surely Pulis is second only to Harry Redknapp in the transfer merry-go-round?

We did not use him to the best of his capabilities though it has to be said.

When we weren't expecting him to score with thumping back post headers we were giving him the ball to his feet with his back to goal thus wxpecting him to turn and beat his defender before he even got the chance to use his pace.

I agree, we expected him to do everything. He did miss a lot of chances but

most of the time he had created them himself. If it wasn't for Ade we would

have been relegated a lot sooner than we actually were.

Interesting that as a footballer you can be more more money by being transferred a lot than you can by being a really successful player. I know that the two can be linked but you can't really argue that Akinbiyi is one of the greats. How much money did Steve Claridge make from transfers?

Second point: surely Pulis is second only to Harry Redknapp in the transfer merry-go-round?

Ade was just lucky in that the peak of his career coincided with that spell a few years ago when average players were being transferred for ridiculous sums of money. £600k for Lee Peacock!!!! £425k for Steve Jones!!!!

Archived