IGNORED

Robin!

Guest Georgeformbygrill

Guest Georgeformbygrill

why have a robin as our mascot :@

why not a squirrel in a city shirt? that would look cool.

or something that shows were up for the fight,like a turtle

hard shell and all that.

hard shell and all that.

Turtles "up for the fight"? How do you work that out? Those Kung Fu tortoises were just a cartoon, you know! First sign of trouble and Johnny Turtle winds his head in and waits for it to pass.

Come to think of it, could be an appropriate mascot!

Turtles "up for the fight"?  How do you work that out?  Those Kung Fu tortoises were just a cartoon, you know! First sign of trouble and Johnny Turtle winds his head in and waits for it to pass.

Come to think of it, could be an appropriate mascot!

There was a film, and that wasn't a cartoon. Actually there were 3 films :ph34r:

hard shell and all that.

I believe the reason is, our nickname is 'The Robins'. As everybody knows, when we were first formed all those years ago, everything was a form of sepia/black and white except for the colour red and some sharp eyed twitcher/city fan suggested we be called after the pretty little birdy that also sported a red breast and looked decidedly attractive perched on the handle of a garden spade/shovel when displayed on christmas cards.

Alternatively, it could be due to the fact that Aardman have a cheap(!) suit available.

Heros in a half shell....Turtle POWER!

There the worlds most fearsome fighting team

There heros in a half shell and there mean

When the evil shredder attacks, them ninja turtles don't cut him no slack.

YEY i was addicted to the arcade game when it was out, used to spend all my pocket money on it, i spent £30 trying to complete it, i didnt at the fair on the down

Heros in a half shell....Turtle POWER!

There the worlds most fearsome fighting team

There heros in a half shell and there mean

When the evil shredder attacks, them ninja turtles don't cut him no slack.

YEY i was addicted to the arcade game when it was out, used to spend all my pocket money on it, i spent £30 trying to complete it, i didnt at the fair on the down

reminds me of the somewhat ancient joke about the England cricket team on tour in Australia.

they went out for a team meal at the local restaurant and Botham spots the turtles swimming around in the tank so he orders one.

Half an hour later, there's no food arrived at his table so he goes through to the kitchen to see what's happening. He can see a chef chasing around after a turtle with a mallet and every time the chef hits the turtle with the mallet, it just retracts its head into its shell and the mallet has no effect.

However this doesn't phase Beefy. He asks the waiter to go and fetch a pencil. the waiter arrives with the pencil and Beefy asks the chef to stand at the front with the mallet while he rams the pencil up the turtle's jacksy.

This time the turtle's head shoots out and the chef stuns the turtle without any problem.

When asked where he learned that trick, beefy replied' How else do you think we ever got a bow tie on Gladstone Small!!'

Do you reckon the mascot should be provided with a pencil for the photograph session?

reminds me of the somewhat ancient joke about the England cricket team on tour in Australia.

they went out for a team meal at the local restaurant and Botham spots the turtles swimming around in the tank so he orders one.

Half an hour later, there's no food arrived at his table so he goes through to the kitchen to see what's happening. He can see a chef chasing around after a turtle with a mallet and every time the chef hits the turtle with the mallet, it just retracts its head into its shell and the mallet has no effect.

However this doesn't phase Beefy. He asks the waiter to go and fetch a pencil. the waiter arrives with the pencil and Beefy asks the chef to stand at the front with the mallet while he rams the pencil up the turtle's jacksy.

This time the turtle's head shoots out and the chef stuns the turtle without any problem.

When asked where he learned that trick, beefy replied' How else do you think we ever got a bow tie on Gladstone Small!!'

Do you reckon the mascot should be provided with a pencil for the photograph session?

:ph34r:

Archived