IGNORED

Steven Gillespie

cider hoss rules

Had to miss City's home game today (no loss I gather)to take my lad and his pals to see Cheltenham Town (free tickets following a coaching course at school), and Steven Gillespie was back for his first game of his second loan spell. He played for around 75 minutes and was by far the best player on the pitch, he set up the only goal of the game and should have scored when 1 on 1 with the keeper, was subbed and left to a standing ovation...the fans chanted his name virtually all game and he had by far the loudest cheer when his name was read out at the start. He was named man of the match and his name was even chanted at the final whistle when fans were leaving (att 3,178 inc 208 from Lincoln)

He was replaced as part of a double substition, with Damien Spencer and Kaye Odijayi coming on, both ex City and both ridiculed by the home fans as headless chickens and not very good.

Main point to the post, does any one think he has a long term future with us as he seems to have a great rapport with the Cheltenham fans and seemed to enjoy his "hero Status" with them.

CHR :city:

Hate to say it, but you may get lucky. He's had 1 league start and 1 cup start with City,not enough for a young player on the move. He is under contract, so would Cheltenham have enough Money for a fee.The great thing about Gilly is he's not a Lita/Heffs type striker. He will create as many goals as he scores, and in that all round ability lies true value.

Guest torquay red

I hope he stays with the club,i cannot for the life of me see why he has not been given a chance,what have we got to lose now?Nothing,and everything to gain,like you say he creates chances and scores goals as well,it is so frustrating to see a player like him loaned out,surely there would be a space on the field for him somewhere,tuck him in behind Lita and Brooker maybe?

Based on todays performance, the attacking midfielders role would be an ideal option to try with Gillespie. In place of Dinning today for instance, he and Brown are both scousers mates and would compliment each other. I liked Doc and Brown as well, but it would give us an attack/defence midfield for different situations. Looking ahead when Nelson/Evatt or who ever comes in at the back a 3-5-2 could give Gilly the attack role from that 5 man midfield. An opportunity missed this season, but i hope Tins trys it for the next.

Based on todays performance, the attacking midfielders role would be an ideal option to try with Gillespie. In place of Dinning today for instance, he and Brown are both scousers mates and would compliment each other. I liked Doc and Brown as well, but it would give us an attack/defence midfield for different situations. Looking ahead when Nelson/Evatt or who ever comes in at the back a 3-5-2 could give Gilly the attack role from that 5 man midfield. An opportunity missed this season, but i hope Tins trys it for the next.

You do realise that scousers don't actually walk around hand in hand and the fact that the are both from that particular area doesnt at all mean they will play well together.

I doubt we will get Nelson or Evatt, City arent looking to spend much money.

You do realise that scousers don't actually walk around hand in hand and the fact that the are both from that particular area doesnt at all mean they will play well together.

I doubt we will get Nelson or Evatt, City arent looking to spend much money.

I'me sure the scouser story has not escaped anyone of mature years, and City have a written bid in for Evatt. Chesterfield have said not enough, but they wont stand in Evatt's way, if a better offer comes in.

Obviously Brian doesnt see him as an alternative to the front two week in week out, with Heffs as the sub striker.

I guess Orr/Dinning/Brown are more viable midfielders to BT at the moment.

One thing about Brown is he runs and runs and runs and always presses.

Obviously Brian doesnt see him as an alternative to the front two week in week out, with Heffs as the sub striker.

I guess Orr/Dinning/Brown are more viable midfielders to BT at the moment.

One thing about Brown is he runs and runs and runs and always presses.

I would not replace Brown with anyone, but Brown with Gillespie, and come on CDP, you do have a sneaking admiration for Gilly. Even with Doc available, well 60% of the season, Gilly would work in a 5 man midfield, come on CDP this is your big chance, push our man. Go Gilly GO.......but not permanently

I think Gillespie is a class apart but just hasn't had the chance to settle here. Both Gillespie and Heffernan are much better footballers than Lita (we all know it) and if either would have had the same exposure to first team football then they would have scored the same amount.

I hope Lita goes on to score 30+ this season, then we can sell him for £2 million this summer, safe in the knowledge we already have better strikers, and invest in a quality creative midfielder.

I would not replace Brown with anyone, but Brown with Gillespie, and come on CDP, you do have a sneaking admiration for Gilly. Even with Doc available, well 60% of the season, Gilly would work in a 5 man midfield, come on CDP this is your big chance, push our man. Go  Gilly GO.......but not permanently

Oops.

Snatched defeat from the jaws of victory there.... blushing.gifblushing.gifblushing.gif

Opportunity missed.... laugh.gif

Anyway he's back at Chelty, playing 1st Team football. It's all good.

I think.

Archived