IGNORED

News From Cardiff

Samh

As far as I know, Cardiff are up the creek financially.

Ditto.

Last I time I spoke to my mate who's a season ticket holder, I heard exactly the same words from their mouth.

It happened with Wimbledon with a dogy little geezer at the helm, what was his name again? Oh yes, silly me I've just remembered :city:

I work with a Cardiff die hard and he said after the weekend that Cardiff have made a 1 million pound bid for Lita and 350,000 for Phil Jevons. Has anyone heard similar?

Absolute rubbish. Cardiff are proper broke at the moment, especially when they've just started work on a new stadium. A mate of mine is a season ticket holder at Ninian Park and he says they are serious financial trouble and there's no way they could finance that sort of money.

£1 million?

Hmmm.. Naaaah i seriously doubt that.

I too have a mate who supports Cardiff and he keeps saying how they are in deep fincial problems and is more worried about keeping the squad (Gabbidon etc..) than new signings.

Personally.. I think a million would be an excellent deal for us, but very unlikely to happen.

Guest bcfcsam
£1 million?

Hmmm.. Naaaah i seriously doubt that.

I too have a mate who supports Cardiff and he keeps saying how they are in deep fincial problems and is more worried about keeping the squad (Gabbidon etc..) than new signings.

Personally.. I think a million would be an excellent deal for us, but very unlikely to happen.

What about the money from robert earnshaw they havent spent all that!

Guest Tactical Genius

Their latest accounts showed a debt of £21m with a turnover of just £7m. The T&C's of that debt was that it is repayable over the next 2 years.

Chatting to a few cardiff fans they have been sniffing around as they see him as the ieal replacement for earnie the evil elf.

Mostly the fans though. Nothing coming from the club as they have no money - everything is now tied up in the new stadium so sam is making as little money as possible avaialble for players. Certainly not enough to get Leroy over there.

No monety from Earnshaw has been made available and i don't think Sam's going to give Lawrence any more cash anyway. New manager in the summer its a maybe. Unless of course they get relegated!!!!

The local Rag down here & the Bluebird Broadcasting company (BBC)have sais absolutely naff all.

This "rumour" has come from some twerp with nothing better to than watch Ian Gwyn Hughes on some terrible late night programme that was discussing goalscores outside the prem, Lita & Jevons were named....Cardiff were not even part of the conversation!

As far as I am aware they have an ample replacement in Jerome & or Fleetwood.

The only thing that wuld take Lita to Cardiff would be a BCFC team Coach or a Labotomy, blindfold, strong handcuffs and a large carrot.

There has been speculation on their forum over this, but none of their fans seem to be suggesting it is anything other than a wish list. Quite a few fans have said they should be looking at Lita, but that is a million miles away (or in that case a million quid..) from it actually happening.

Guest DAMIEN-LITA
Nah, Cardiff are screwed, Lita if he was too move would be looking to more up  level anyways, surely?!  :city:

SPOT ON mate, He would want a higher level of football !

Their latest accounts showed a debt of £21m with a turnover of just £7m. The T&C's of that debt was that it is repayable over the next 2 years.

You don't have to be an accountant to figure out that even if you spend nothing at all paying it off, you're STILL going to be £7M short inside the debt period.

The answer that they'll come up with? find some other money mark that wants a football team, siphon off him and pray that he doesn't mind it when they spend HIS money on new stadia / players / doughnuts etc. and find themselves unable to pay it back. IF they're still in the Chumpionship when that happens- they get relegated, some pressure is off but it's harder to pay the debt; get promoted to the Prem ('ooo eck) and there'll be pressure to match everyone else in the top flight.

Guest davies88

We wouldn't be buying both.

Jevons is more realistic.

Lita probably won't leave just yet until he establishes himself unless a team in a higher division are willing to take a risk!

In today's paper it says that Cardiff have been struggling to pay the players wages. If so, then it looks unlikely that they can finance a bid for Leroy. Even if they could, would he want to go to a bigger contract but where he might not get the money in his bank account each month?

Archived