IGNORED

Ashton Gate Stadium

frenchred

There will be no change to the locaton of the Players Tunnel, however, we plan to keep the area surrounding the tunnel free of away fans. This will still allow us to locate up to 3,000 away fans in the Atyeo Stand.

Colin

The above is a reply by Colin Sexton to a question raised as to where the teams will come onto the pitch once the new stand is built.

Can someone shed some light, Are the 3000 away fans located in the Atyeo all that will be in there or will home support be in there as well?

Surely this will reduce the capacity of the ground and we will be left with another 21000 capacity ground that will only ever hold 19000, or whatever the current figure is

I think by that he means that home fans will be around the tunnel? Because he has stated on other posts that the atyeo will be shared.what is the actuall capacity of the atyeo , 4000? Because that will leave space for about 800 away fans i would imagine.

But Colin is quoted as saying there will be space for 3000 away fans?

Next season away fans will be housed in the Williams stand block E.

Once the new home stand is built I'd imagine the whole of the Atyeo will be given to away fans, however taking segregation into account it'll be only able to capacitate around 3,000 fans.

Depending on demand I'm sure a few home fans will be allowed in the Atyeo from time to time.

EDIT: The reason why away fans won't be surrounding the tunnel is because I'd imagine they'll put black hoarding on the Dolman side of the tunnel therefore NO fans will infact be by the tunnel.

In other words the part of the Atyeo by the club shop (near block A) will be empty seats.

(Once the new home stand is built I'd imagine the whole of the Atyeo will be given to away fans, however taking segregation into account it'll be only able to capacitate around 3,000 fans.

Depending on demand I'm sure a few home fans will be allowed in the Atyeo from time to time.)

Hmmm.. does that remind you of a stand not a million miles away from the Atyeo?

I can just imagine posts in a few years time " Go on Colin, give us back the Atyeo, let's have an atmosphere!"

:dunno:

(Once the new home stand is built I'd imagine the whole of the Atyeo will be given to away fans, however taking segregation into account it'll be only able to capacitate around 3,000 fans.

Depending on demand I'm sure a few home fans will be allowed in the Atyeo from time to time.)

Hmmm.. does that remind you of a stand not a million miles away from the Atyeo?

I can just imagine posts in a few years time " Go on Colin, give us back the Atyeo, let's have an atmosphere!"

Niiiiiice :ph34r:

That's actually quite plausible. But only one problem- where's the scoreboard going to go when the works are done, and will it remain there when they're finished? It'd be stupid to stick the scoreboard so that some home fans can't see it...

Niiiiiice :dunno:

That's actually quite plausible. But only one problem- where's the scoreboard going to go when the works are done, and will it remain there when they're finished? It'd be stupid to stick the scoreboard so that some home fans can't see it...

A post by Colin a while back said that the scoreboard will be moved to the Atyeo.

Guest WillsbridgeRed

So we'll be faced with another huge empty stand, nearly unused for all but 3 or 4 games a year.

I see the "segregation" issue is raising its head again, no doubt reducing the capacity by over the top amount.

Better keeping away fans in the Williams corner in all honesty.

So we'll be faced with another huge empty stand, nearly unused for all but 3 or 4 games a year.

I see the "segregation" issue is raising its head again, no doubt reducing the capacity by over the top amount.

Exactly! The reason the capacity isnt ever filled is because of segregation in the wedlock , so were building a stand that is going to create the same problem but somwhere else! It makes no sense whatsoever , i agree with keeping away fans in the corner of the williams , we could surely add a couple of thousand seats by the away tunnel if we built a kind of temporary structure? We could have this up until they start redeveloping the williams (god knows when this will happen??) , and when we build the new williams stand we can surely build a place for them in there were segregation wont be needed? Good idea or not?

Absolutely it would be better to keep the away fans in the williams. It would be easier to segregate and would then mean home fans on all sides of the ground!!

Archived