IGNORED

Reserves

Desso

Awful conditions but this is my opinion on our players performance.

GOULD. Did OK. Handling and distribution was good but kicking a bit iffy at times. Big improvement on Clint Davis. 7

MURRAY. Disappointing again from Scott. He should shine in this company but didn't. Hardly beat the defender and when he did the cross was too close to the keeper. 5

FORTUNE. Played well today. Looked strong in the challenge and got forward well at times. 8

GOODFELLOW. Superb left footed strike for the goal after a good build up. Tended to disappear at times but overall a good game. 7

HEFFERNAN. Looked very poor. It could be lack of confidence after being on the bench. Missed 4 or 5 relatively easy chances which you would expect him to put away with ease. Head went down as game progressed. 4

ANYINSAH. Looked out of his depth for much of the match. Lately he looks very stiff legged and doesn't look as mobile as he should. I saw him pre season and he seems to have gone backwards. 5

ORR. Usual game for Bradley. Lots of run and chase but on reflection didn't do a lot. Numerous misplaced passes but made some good tackles to break down their attacks. 6

SKUSE. I'm a fan of Skuse and I definitly think he's one for the future. Gets on with his job with the minimum of fuss, has a football brain and is very composed on the ball. 7

WILSON. At times looked as if the pace was to much for him. Showed some good touches but perhaps one for the distant future. 5

HART. Didn't do much wrong and overall a competent performance. 6

Difficult to pick anyone who should be in the first team. Clayton just, perhaps.

Good report.

You left out Golbourne who I thought looked average, 6 out of 10 at best.

Heff did struggle but IMO was no worse than Murray, Anyinsah or Wilson (yet another small striker!).

On that evidence Fortune, Skuse and Goodfellow deserve to be in the 16 at least and Orr probably on the bench for the first team where he currently is anyway.

so from what has been written here I can assume that, with their usual insight, our management team will include the out of form Heff, Murray and Anyinsah to Saturdays squad and ignore the much needed and in form Fortune and Goodfellow? :dunno:

FORTUNE. Played well today. Looked strong in the challenge and got forward well at times. 8

SKUSE. I'm a fan of Skuse and I definitly think he's one for the future. Gets on with his job with the minimum of fuss, has a football brain and is very composed on the ball. 7

Difficult to pick anyone who should be in the first team. Clayton just, perhaps.

Cheers for the report Grumps. Good to see Clayton back, I think he was showing

the true potential he has got before getting injured. I'd like to see him left side of

a back 3.

Totally agree about Skuse. I saw him a lot pre season and he really stood out for

me. I think he will be in the first team squad regularly next season. Not sure what

his preferred position is but he looked good in midfield. He's fairly tall though so

hence the outings at centre back.

Archived