IGNORED

New Stand

blackthorn slice

just heard the locals at the back of the east end are putting a petition in against the new stand being built .word is the club have not sent a letter or knocked on doors to explain there plans.if this is true i cant understand why mr sexton as come out with all these big plans when the locals[who probaly attend games]have not had some of imformation?din,t the board have problems with the locals when they replaced the open end ending in the stand being smaller than they wanted? :dunno:

just heard the locals at the back of the east end are putting a petition in against the new stand being built .word is the club have not sent a letter or knocked on doors to explain there plans.if this is true i cant understand why mr sexton as come out with all these big plans when the locals[who probaly attend games]have not had some of imformation?din,t the board have problems with the locals when they replaced the open end ending in the stand being smaller than they wanted? :dunno:

Its a case of if theres something to moan about they will moan

and the only reason they moaned about the open end is cus that guy had to take down his scofolding for viewing games like most of um who hung out there windows on a saturday.

I'm sure they would have had to get planning permission if it was going to affect people who lived there, of which they would have received letters. But then it is Bristol City Council were talking about :ph34r:

they have recieved nowt.all we will end up with is a 3000 seater stand with loads of posh boxes,and sign marcus stewart to boost season ticket sales. :dunno:

they have recieved nowt.all we will end up with is a 3000 seater stand with loads of posh boxes,and sign marcus stewart to boost season ticket sales. :dunno:

why wo would Marcus Stewert want to play for us when he has a chance of playing in the premiership again for Sunderland????

My bro-in-law lives in one of the roads at the back of the East End and said he doesn't know why there will be a petition. One of the reasons is sun light in the summer will be blocked out but it will only be a small amount of sun light and for a small number of houses and only in the summer. He is not a City fan and not against the new build.

I was brought up in Horfield and my parents still live right next to the Memorial Ground. We protested against the Rovers moving in and lost so I moved out...to Ashton Vale!!

They are now building on the annex pitch, top of my parents road and it looks a right mess. It's a new car park and also houses as well. The problem is it's on an elevated section and car fumes will be blasted straight down their road.

So if this has been given the go ahead, so should the new East End, regardless of what a few residents say.

MM

Archived