IGNORED

New Badge Thing

madmax

Just reading the SteveL section of the forum and reading the posts about the new badge situation got me thinking about how many other clubs have done this.

I work in an I.T. department where all are football fans and I asked every single one of them if any other club had changed it's badge in the past and none could think of any other club that had done so.

Could you imagine Liverpool, Spurs or even the G*s changing theirs, it would be up roar (like on here I suppose).

Burnley also have their crest on the shirts and is their clubs logo and has never changed as far as I know. Theres no complaints their.

Steve mentioned in one reply:

Come on people it's only a badge and all clubs look at changing their corporate image from time to time.

Thats all very well, change the corporate image of the club, but not the badge.

I like the badge, I never really liked the old one with the Robin on the Suspension Bridge, although I appreciate alot of people do, I just feel we are Bristol City and should have the "Bristol" City crest on our shirts.

I do have a feeling that every board change we have at the club may likely change the crest on our shirts.

If/when the badge is changed, it should never be changed again and should remain as the emblem of Bristol City Football Club.

There, thats my pennies worth !

MM :dunno::ph34r::city:

Arsenal in the past couple of seasons have changed their badge, as well as Man Utd (dropped the Football Club tag from the bottom banner) and I think that Fulham also have a few years ago.

Chelsea are also changing theirs.

I suppose you could also include Wimbledon in the bracket (although they went the whole 9 yards and changed their identity completely :P )

• Admin
Arsenal in the past couple of seasons have changed their badge, as well as Man Utd (dropped the Football Club tag from the bottom banner) and I think that Fulham also have a few years ago.

Chelsea are also changing theirs.

I suppose you could also include Wimbledon in the bracket (although they went the whole 9 yards and changed their identity completely  :P )

Yes Chelsea are changing their badge.....

How to do it properly.

Reading through the accompanying article, not only is it obvious that they have an underlying marketing and branding strategy, but they are not afraid to let the press know they have one, let alone their own supporters on an open forum. :dunno:

This quote in particular jumps out:

Smith regularly received pleas for a return to the old badge accompanied by photocopies and sketches of the 1950s look - it is the visual part of a campaign to help make Chelsea the most popular club in the hemisphere, east and west.

I think someone needs to tell them mind, that it's "only a badge" :ph34r:

Coventry are changing their badge at the end of the season, I may be wrong but I think its because they are moving stadiums, not positive on that but I'm certain they are changing their badge

Actually, Coventry are no longer changing their badge as originally planned. They received such negative feedback from the fans that they have decided to keep their original one. :dunno:

Guest Slinky
Yes Chelsea are changing their badge.....

How to do it properly.

Reading through the accompanying article, not only is it obvious that they have an underlying marketing and branding strategy, but they are not afraid to let the press know they have one, let alone their own supporters on an open forum.  :dunno:

This quote in particular jumps out:

I think someone needs to tell them mind, that it's "only a badge"  :ph34r:

Interesting article. I'm surprised nobody else has reacted to this on here.

It just goes to show how important this sort of thing really is to a football club.

There's another interesting article on the right hand side of that page titled - Alienated fans cost clubs. A new report says clubs are missing commercial opportunities by losing touch with their fans.

Guest Jamesonjoe

Leeds united had a happy face for their badge :ph34r: in the 70s

and it has changed a number of times since.Notts county changed

theirs last season for printing reasons(merchandising)and i

think it not such a big deal unless of course you have it

tattooèd on your body...Its part of a re inventable selling

item and it is seen as something that can be changed by the

marketing department..I also think that a gallop pole is not

the way to go about changing it,,,Why not hand leaflets out

at a big selling home game to canvas opinion, that way thousands

of supporters could have been consulted for a relativly low cost.

And the club would have gotten a speedy reply.... :dunno:

Archived