IGNORED

The Crest Of Bristol

Pie Eater

I have just been looking at the crest off Bristol Shoguns have adapted the current crest. The original crest of Bristol can be found here. The only thing that it has in common with the current crest is the two deers. Which seems to be the bit the club want to remove from the crest.

I think the main problem is that the crest does not represent Bristol. Bristol is no longer seen as a port so the ship is misleading. Maybe we should partition Bristol City Council to adopt a new crest.

This could be made of the subspention bridge with Concorde flying other with two cigarettes crossed underneath (Probably replace this with money symbols as Bristol has a large base of financial institutions)

edit. removal of incorrect link

second edit

It appears that the new badge represents the original coats of arms as it does not have the deer. I think I am have a bad morning.

http://www.heritage.nf.ca/exploration/bristol.html

I have just been looking at the crest off Bristol Shoguns have adapted the current crest. The original crest of Bristol can be found here. The only thing that it has in common with the current crest is the two deers. Which seems to be the bit the club want to remove from the crest.

I think the main problem is that the crest does not represent Bristol. Bristol is no longer seen as a port so the ship is misleading. Maybe we should partition Bristol City Council to adopt a new crest.

This could be made of the subspention bridge with Concorde flying other with two cigarettes crossed underneath (Probably replace this with money symbols as Bristol has a large base of financial institutions)

edit. removal of incorrect link

second edit

It appears that the new badge represents the original coats of arms as it does not have the deer. I think I am have a bad morning.

http://www.heritage.nf.ca/exploration/bristol.html

You are having a bad morning, trust me. If you look closely I think you'll find the deer have horns on their heads. Odd.

I love your idea of the Suspension Bridge with Concorde and a couple of crossed ciggies. The bridge could represent our play-off chances (i.e. up in the air), Concorde represents Murray flying down the wing (clearly from two seasons ago, not now), and the ciggies represent a certain previous captain (who may or may not still be playing).

Surely someone can knock up an image of such a badge??

You are having a bad morning, trust me.  If you look closely I think you'll find the deer have horns on their heads.  Odd.

I love your idea of the Suspension Bridge with Concorde and a couple of crossed ciggies.  The bridge could represent our play-off chances (i.e. up in the air), Concorde represents Murray flying down the wing (clearly from two seasons ago, not now), and the ciggies represent a certain previous captain (who may or may not still be playing).

So here it is, Ladies and Gentleman, the new badge that surely evokes Bristol City FC more closely than other (rather pathetic) attempts. Obviously the idea was inspired by Pie Eater and I didn't actually do the graphics (thanks go to Edson) but nevertheless, if the Club like it, I'm claiming sole and complete copyright.

Sorry about the size of the graphic. That's the doing of Edson, whom I do not know, and whose views I do not hold, and really can we take a man whose first name is OnMy seriously? (I think that should do it, Edson)

NB3.gif

So here it is, Ladies and Gentleman, the new badge that surely evokes Bristol City FC more closely than other (rather pathetic) attempts.  Obviously the idea was inspired by Pie Eater and I didn't actually do the graphics (thanks go to Edson) but nevertheless, if the Club like it, I'm claiming sole and complete copyright.

Sorry about the size of the graphic. That's the doing of Edson, whom I do not know, and whose views I do not hold, and really can we take a man whose first name is OnMy seriously?  (I think that should do it, Edson)

That has to be my favourite badge, that would look excellent on the shirt and side of the stands. :dunno:

Well done guys :ph34r:

MM

Guest i&jmh

:dunno: Superb,wonderfull,magnificent, much better than the others.However, is Concorde wearing sunglasses?

I'm sure there's a pint of cider missing from that badge.

Nibor

You are having a bad morning, trust me.  If you look closely I think you'll find the deer have horns on their heads.  Odd.

I love your idea of the Suspension Bridge with Concorde and a couple of crossed ciggies.  The bridge could represent our play-off chances (i.e. up in the air), Concorde represents Murray flying down the wing (clearly from two seasons ago, not now), and the ciggies represent a certain previous captain (who may or may not still be playing).

The first site I looked at had the candian Britol coat of arms. And that does have deers on. I relised my mistake and edited the email but forgot about the deers. I suppose the deers or stags could be replaced with old dears

So here it is, Ladies and Gentleman, the new badge that surely evokes Bristol City FC more closely than other (rather pathetic) attempts.  Obviously the idea was inspired by Pie Eater and I didn't actually do the graphics (thanks go to Edson) but nevertheless, if the Club like it, I'm claiming sole and complete copyright.

Sorry about the size of the graphic. That's the doing of Edson, whom I do not know, and whose views I do not hold, and really can we take a man whose first name is OnMy seriously?  (I think that should do it, Edson)

NB3.gif

I like it, I did think that maybe the boat\ship on the new badge could be replaced with the SS great britain.

Or we could cover both the bridge and great britton represented by a Silhouette of IK Brunel.

even more of a worry with that bristol badge going back all those years is starting to represent the slave trade :dunno:

boat leaving the castle well if that badge dates back to those times

then is it right to have a badge that was once part of the slave trade

as well as representing a busy dock land? slaves were bought in by ship

to bristol through that dock area, now with everything going pc it is

now even a stronger point that the new badge must not be used and that

the middle bit of the current crest must go.

NB3.gif

i like the badge but the laws on advertising cigarettes

might be a stumbling block to this badge :dunno:

:ph34r: Superb,wonderfull,magnificent, much better than the others.However, is Concorde wearing sunglasses?

I think you're right. I'll have a word with my Chief Graphics Supervisor. It's little gimmicks like that that can ruin a marketing exercise. :dunno:

Guest east_dundry_red
even more of a worry with that bristol badge going back all those years is starting to represent the slave trade  :city:

boat leaving the castle well if that badge dates back to those times

then is it right to have a badge that was once part of the slave trade

as well as representing a busy dock land? slaves were bought in by ship

to bristol through that dock area, now with everything going pc it is

now even a stronger point that the new badge must not be used and that

the middle bit of the current crest must go.

###### em!

Ive had enouth of it. BRISTOL USED TO SELL BPEOPLE AS SLAVES AND BECAME FAMOUS FOR IT!

sorry but I'm not ashamed and have no reason to be. The city i was born in and love was built by selling those slaves. I know many members of the black 'community' want an apology but wont get one.Like it or not its the city's heratidge. I'm not rasist in any way and have many black friends and they see things the same way as i do. What went on then shouldnt effect what goes on now. Live with the past because it wont go away.

keep the middle of the crest if people complain tell them to jog on (in polite terms)

###### em!

Ive had enouth of it. BRISTOL USED TO SELL BPEOPLE AS SLAVES AND BECAME FAMOUS FOR IT!

sorry but I'm not ashamed and have no reason to be. The city i was born in and love was built by selling those slaves. I know many members of the black 'community' want an apology but wont get one.Like it or not its the city's heratidge. I'm not rasist in any way and have many black friends and they see things the same way as i do. What went on then shouldnt effect what goes on now. Live with the past because it wont go away.

keep the middle of the crest if people complain tell them to jog on (in polite terms)

in a ideal world i would agree with you but we are living in

a total PC dominated world where everything you say and do

is under the microscope when it comes to the race.

Archived