IGNORED

City Not Playing So What Do You Do?

wesco

I just wondered what everyone got up to today seeing as City weren't playing at a time of the year where gates are fairly high. I decided to go and see how Matthews was do for Darlington so travelled to Leyton Orient. Lee had an extremely quiet first half but did get more into the game in the second period but showed that Div 2 is out of his reach. To Lee's credit though he did our pace a couple of the Orient players which was a surprise but he didn't shine in what was an average 3rd division game.

How Darlington didn't get anything from the game I'll never know with their other striker missing 2 golden chances both inside th e6 yard box. Those misses weren't the biggest surprise of the day though, whilst getting a cuppa at half time I ran into two other City fans who had made the trip Why?

So did anyone else go to any games today?

Didn't go anywhere today, but a few years ago when City were gameless a friend and I travelled to Slough to watch them play against Southampton in a friendly, its the love of football, and football anywhere, that makes you do it, you can't explain why. For the record I watched the 'live' games today.

I just wondered what everyone got up to today seeing as City weren't playing at a time of the year where gates are fairly high. I decided to go and see how Matthews was do for Darlington so travelled to Leyton Orient. Lee had an extremely quiet first half but did get more into the game in the second period but showed that Div 2 is out of his reach. To Lee's credit though he did our pace a couple of the Orient players which was a surprise but he didn't shine in what was an average 3rd division game.

How Darlington didn't get anything from the game I'll never know with their other striker missing 2 golden chances both inside th e6 yard box. Those misses weren't the biggest surprise of the day though, whilst getting a cuppa at half time I ran into two other City fans who had made the trip Why?

So did anyone else go to any games today?

I also went on a Matthews watch. 5 miles down the road to me though.

Poor game through out and Matthews did nothing to show he was from a division above.

He got booked and took a knock near the end of the game but completed the 90 minutes.... not sure I've seen that before!

5 of us decided to go to man. city's new ground to see the cup game v. leicester. Not a bad game but the ground is something else, catering is execellent and not over priced with a good choice of fayre. I went for the mushey peas and chips, also on offer was gravey and chips, curry sauce and chips as well as the usual choice of pies, burgers hot dogs etc. There were a couple of bars serving beer etc. as well as a bookies on site. The view we had to the right of the tunnel and in the lower tier was good, all in all a good day out. Even the stewards were helpful with the new credit card type ticket you need to operate the turnstiles

Guest N1 Jim

Away in Shropshire at inlaws. Running round yesterday after 2 late postponements - ended up in Castle Stretton in Shropshire league with 20 others and 3 dogs freezing my nads off.

Went to Villa Park today(trying to tick off the 92) which was great. Sat in front of me was another City fan I know. In the midst of watching Manu fans in home end being dragged out by stewards and taking in the fairly heavy atmosphere.(Do not assume the premiership is all razzamatazz and Japanese tourists), 200-300 evil looking Man U being moved on by police about 11.30 am and some fairly heavy drinking for so early was in evidence.

After the game confirmed to other City fan would see him up at Notts Co then danced past the lines of riot police shaking my head at the minibus "proudly" holding the flag Man U Supporters Club Bridgewater and the South west.

That really annoys me. And u know what- Man U fans were singing "U can stick yr Fu***** England up your arse".

Went as a neutral, came back with alot of contempt for the Man U fans. Glad we don't have to play them too often.

Archived