IGNORED

Respect And Enjoy What You Have

cityfan

In any business and City is a businees, they all have trends, purple patches, limitations and some excesses. Alan Curbishley said in the paper today that at Charlton over the last 5 years, he has achieved in comparable terms,what both Wenger and Ferguson have. By that he means that given the resources, finances and time he has excelled at Charlton.

All my posts will show that I was a firm favourite of the team of the last two seasons. Therefore Phillips, Carey, Butler, Coles, Hill, Scotty, Tinnion, Tommy Brown, Peacock and Roberts. Under the guidance of Danny Wilson and his team, there was a more co-hesive, more physical, more attacking and threatening team. In short is had prospects and demonstrated that over time; the trend was good. Supporters were happy because they got value for money and excitement for their support. A top three place was an achievement and we all enjoyed it. In retrospect the trend was now a purple patch because we are now, for BCFC and the money invested, in a brown patch! It seems that the spirit and togetherness has dissipated and we now appear to have limitations. More players will be released (I have posted on this, those that I believe City will wish to release. The excesses might be the sums spent by the board and the choices of players made.

Roberts was worth so much more than £20,000. That situation was clearly personal. Craig Ireland has to be worth more than £20,000 to City. Wasted money on Goodfellow and Lee Miller because of a change at the top.

Football is a business and people need to be managed so that they can allow their skills to develop and succeed. Managing a team, any kind of team, requires people skills and to the best of my knowledge when managers are getting their coaching badges they do not get trained in this art. Clubs could and maybe should bring in commercial people who have an innate ability to do this, drive and maintain positivity and harmony and work alongside the manager in this capacity. Didn't Danny Wilson have a psycologist working with the team which was considered an excess?!!!

Players skills have not deteriorated that much in a short space of time. It's more about the feel of the club, the harmony and balance at the club and the rhythm that keeps the engine ticking along.

Danny Wilson could be called back. Would that be popular among the players? I do not know. Bringing in a new manager would be no guarantee the the above problems would be satisfactorily addressed.

I for one would love to have access and be involved but without coaching badges that will never happen.

It's all gone wrong and I think for the first time, Tinnion's voice acknowledged so in the post match interview today.

Success can take a while to come along and we DID have success. However a collapse can come even quicker. (houses, shares, companies, sales results of individuals etc etc etc).

Roberts, Peacock and Matty Hill will probably now be pleased that they are elsewhere. We haven't brought in better replacements in my opinion. As for City re-building, that could now take time. But with a few careful choices it could be re-built in time for next season.

It's al SO disappointing!

I just replied to another post but what Tinnion needs is HELP! An experienced assistant manager who's been around the block a few times and can sort out motivation problems that the current side have...

PS. The reason you've haven't had many replies is cos your post is sooo long! Most people on here won't read past 5 lines!

Archived