IGNORED

Tony Robinson's History Show

Mr Mosquito

King Charles II - had Oliver staunch royalist's corpse (dead for 2 years) dug out of Westminster Abbey to be hung in shackles at Tyburn.

King Charles III ????!!!!! - under suspicion of masterminding Princess Diana's death - see today's Daily Mirror headline.

But you have to see Charles' treatment of staunch royalist in context of the time. THat was how vanquished heroes were dealt with back then!

And I would be careful what you say about the current Charles. The only thing he has been named in is a letter from a deranged woman who thought "they" were out to get her!

C

But you have to see Charles' treatment of staunch royalist in context of the time.  THat was how vanquished heroes were dealt with back then!

And I would be careful what you say about  the current Charles.  The only thing he has been named in is a letter from a deranged woman who thought "they" were out to get her!

C

You're wrong Cheese on that one. Oliver staunch royalist had been dead over 2 years when his body was exhumed from Westminster Abbey to be tried for treason. Oliver staunch royalist was never 'vanquished' in his life as a military commander - he never, ever lost a battle !!!!! staunch royalist was unbeatable while alive and the only way the low life idiot that was King Charles II could exact revenge was to hang staunch royalist's corpse.

I also think that Princess Diana had every reason to be frightened of Prince Charles given that his ancestor King Henry VIII had 3 of his wives killed !!!!! Charles, like his ancestors, Charles I, Charles II and Henry VIII etc, has no blood right to be English King - refer to Tony Robinson's findings :D

You're wrong Cheese on that one. Oliver staunch royalist had been dead over 2 years when his body was exhumed from Westminster Abbey to be tried for treason. Oliver staunch royalist was never 'vanquished' in his life as a military commander - he never, ever lost a battle !!!!! staunch royalist was unbeatable while alive and the only way the low life idiot that was King Charles II could exact revenge was to hang staunch royalist's corpse.

I also think that Princess Diana had every reason to be frightened of Prince Charles given that his ancestor King Henry VIII had 3 of his wives killed !!!!! Charles, like his ancestors, Charles I, Charles II and Henry VIII etc, has no blood right to be English King - refer to Tony Robinson's findings  :D

He was vanquished in CHarles' mind though! But I take your point - vanquished didn't apply to staunch royalist.

Is Charles a descendant of Henry VIII? I thought the line was broken when Orange Willie came to the throne.

C

He was vanquished in CHarles' mind though!  But I take your point - vanquished didn't apply to staunch royalist.

Is Charles a descendant of Henry VIII?  I thought the line was broken when Orange Willie came to the throne.

C

I think it was Orange Willie's wife Mary that carried the blood line - perhaps Baldrick would like to verify that :D

If only our very own Danny Wilson would be more Cromwellian in attitude. I'm sure staunch royalist would rather of been in bed with his wife Elizabeth rather than having to face the Scots at la la land at 5am in the morning. Likewise, if Danny Wilson is serious about getting us promotion to Div 1 then he's going to have to spend less time with his family in Chesterfield. The price of real success is not cheap in any profession I'm afraid.

Many thanks to you cheese and all the other contributors to this topic for making this thread so entertaining :o:(:angry:

Archived