IGNORED

Danny Wilson In

sephjnr

I ask this because...

* Four years he got us ready for the big time, Fifth Time Lucky could have been

* His short stay with the Dons is starting to pay off

* He didn't want to leave us

* It would be fun to make them suffer

* Leroy would have a much better shot this time round as his impression of Lee Peacock's goal record is much better than the genuine article

* Peacock would be insane to return here, unless he idiots up at Sheffield

... agree?

Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes

Finally someone agrees with me. HOW CAN YOU SACK A MANAGER AFTER 11 CONSECUTIVE WINS? AND REPLACE HIM WITH THIS ********?

I was totally bemused when Lansdown and Co appointed Danny Wilson after he'd just been sacked by Sheffield Wednesday. I'll never forget the humiliation when we lost 1-5 to Blackpool at Bloomfield Road in April 2002. We lost to a near bottom of the table Blackpool when we were supposed to be up for a play-off place. Danny Wilson was a mediocre manager and it was a big mistake appointing him. If we are to re-appoint a former manager then bring back big Joe Jordan.

I was totally bemused when Lansdown and Co appointed Danny Wilson after he'd just been sacked by Sheffield Wednesday. I'll never forget the humiliation when we lost 1-5 to Blackpool at Bloomfield Road in April 2002. We lost to a near bottom of the table Blackpool when we were supposed to be up for a play-off place. Danny Wilson was a mediocre manager and it was a big mistake appointing him. If we are to re-appoint a former manager then bring back big Joe Jordan.

What, and Cromwell told you that Goblin?

biggrin.gif

What, and Cromwell told you that Goblin?

biggrin.gif

tongue.gifbiggrin.gif I've got an answer to that Dorset_Cider, never trust the Scots - Oliver Cromwell himself taught us English that. The Scots swapped sides during the civil war to support their Scottish Royalist Stuart bloodline, Tory Blair is a Scottish turncoat as well (born in Edinburgh). Today's Independent, Saturday 5th March, page 13 headline states "Blairism is simply Thatcherism administered by do-gooders". tongue.gif

As for Joe Jordan, I'd still have him back as BCFC manager even though he did the dirty on us to manage Hearts during his first term as manager here. I still wouldn't trust him though - as he's Scottish biggrin.giflaugh.gif

I ask this because...

* Leroy would have a much better shot this time round as his impression of Lee Peacock's goal record is much better than the genuine article

... agree?

no he had four years,what should have happened was a top quality manager proven was brought in to finish the job.

• Admin
i don't know what you lot have against wilson! he would of got us promoted this season and you all know it

Four years of failure............ combined with nonsensical post match interviews and last seasons boring dross - admittedly glossed over by a fortuitous 11 match unbeaten run and a skin of the teeth victory against Hartlepool in the PO semi.

Four years of failure............ combined with nonsensical post match interviews and last seasons boring dross - admittedly glossed over by a fortuitous 11 match unbeaten run and a skin of the teeth victory against Hartlepool in the PO semi.

id rather be in the posistion we where in last season than we are in now! and atleast there would be a chance! this year there has never been a moment where you thought that city would be promoted from the first kick of the season to now so i cant see how thats going to change with tinnion still in charge banghead.gif

• Admin
id rather be in the posistion we where in last season than we are in now! and atleast there would be a chance! this year there has never been a moment where you thought that city would be promoted from the first kick of the season to now so i cant see how thats going to change with tinnion still in charge  banghead.gif

Finishing 19th or 3rd - irrelevant if you fail to win the play-offs. The position we were in last season was one of failure - just like this season seems to be turning out. We aren't the first and won't be the last club to suffer a poor season after play off final defeat.

Guest MaloneFM
Gary Johnson Gary Johnson Gary Johnson Gary Johnson Gary Johnson

NO NO NO NO NO

Gary Johnson should have more ambition than to swop one third division outfit for another. Especially one that gets the axe out so quickly. Word gets around.

I expect if he is offered the job he will speak to Wilson and Pulis who will say 'lovely place-great bunch of lads in the ground, never complained once...I LOVED it there'.

If he goes he will be after a 1st division club recently relelgated (maybe Cardiff-still local) who all he has to do is stop them dropping further.

No way in hell will he come here.

I don't want Wilson back either. He will swagger back in with a 'couldn't do without me' attitude. He got us where he did by two miracle winning runs. If they were NOT miracles why didn't he reproduce them?

He didn't know how.

Jordan is a property developer now and can pick and chose his jobs. I'm sure he will come running back to a club he dumped and that dumped him.

We either put up with what we have and hope it improves or fling more money at another outsider who will take it and do nothing.

No.

Arse! Not going up had bugger all with what happened in Cardiff! "my friend"! We dropped FIVE points against that dreadful team called Wycombe in the regular season! However removin DW from hos post what ever his so caleed "wrong doings" has proved an absolute disaster! Especially as season ticket sales (the life blood of the club) will be well down on this season!

Guest red in the usa

Absolutely..like so many supposed eloquent people on here....get rid of Wilson. Great move ???? We are so much better off. Wonder what formation next week. 2 2 6. DW had enough time, I'm so happy we got rid of him...!!!!!!!!!!! NOT

Guest we8thegas
Absolutely..like so many supposed eloquent people on here....get rid of Wilson. Great move ???? We are so much better off. Wonder what formation next week. 2 2 6. DW had enough time, I'm so happy we got rid of him...!!!!!!!!!!! NOT

Club is soooooooooooo screwed up,less satisfied fans=lower attendance=lower gates=less revenue=mounting debt=danny wilson back=more wins=championship evebtually and lots of happy smiling faces crammed into all corners of ashton gate=nuff money wink.gif

Club is soooooooooooo screwed up,less satisfied fans=lower attendance=lower gates=less revenue=mounting debt=danny wilson back=more wins=championship evebtually and lots of happy smiling faces crammed into all corners of ashton gate=nuff money wink.gif

you missed the vital bit in your logic ...

if(moreWilsonYearsInCharge>4) rolleyes.gif

too late and those who suugest we should have the rose tinted glasses on- anyway under Tins next season will see flowing football from a youthful City side with a reformed Tommy D leading us to automatic promotion. No turning back!!!

I ask this because...

... agree?

HA HA HA HA HA................I'm the laughing gnome and you cant catch me!! wacko.gifwacko.gif

NO, next question.

tongue.gif  biggrin.gif I've got an answer to that Dorset_Cider, never trust the Scots - Oliver Cromwell himself taught us English that. The Scots swapped sides during the civil war to support their Scottish Royalist Stuart bloodline, Tory Blair is a Scottish turncoat as well (born in Edinburgh).

Surely the Scots were only supporting the legitimate hier to the throne, after the English lords decided a Dutchmen would be better than a catholic.

A cast iron case I would have thought for a foreign manager?

Archived