IGNORED

Chairman's Job Anyone

Maesknoll Red

• Admin

Stunned, numbed, pissed off etc etc, I suppose it all adds up to the same

feeling. I listened to the second half radio Bristol commentary, it seemed

that Steve Lansdown was at a loss to comprehend the abject display before him. I'm

glad that I'm not in his shoes tonight, he must have some soul searching to

do - can he afford to keep backing the rookie Tinnion and hope he comes good

next season or should he hold his hands up and admit that the appointment

hasn't worked? If Tinnion is to go, now seems appropriate, to give the new

man time to assess his players and start the preparation for next season.

What a bloody dilema, Tinman could come good, but can the board afford the

wait. If he was to be sacked, who is available - it surely needs to be a

new broom to have a bloody good clearout and rebuild - but this could quite

feasibly take 2/3 seasons to reach fruition.

Who'd be a Chairman.

• Admin
Yer man Lansdown.

He appears to be a much of a charlatan as ours.

Will I get banned for this? Ah well.

Dicks out biggrin.gif

The decision to appoint Tinman may well be coming round to bite him in the arse, but his feelings and dedication to the club cannot be questioned, along with his desire to see the club on a firm financial footing.

I'd have his job.

Hang that lazy arsed **** Dinning out to dry and back Tinnion 100%. Give him time and let him build his squad.

So now it's Dinnings fault?

A player that Tinnion brought in.

It appears that one by one the players aren't just doing it under BT?

So how long does he have to build his squad.

Dinning is one of his squad - good measure of his team building abilities.

So yep, lets give him more time eh!!!!! wacko.gif

Looks as if Manager & Chairman - give collective apologise today.

So now it's Dinnings fault?

A player that Tinnion brought in.

It appears that one by one the players aren't just doing it under BT?

So how long does he have to build his squad.

Dinning is one of his squad - good measure of his team building abilities.

So yep, lets give him more time eh!!!!! wacko.gif

Looks as if Manager & Chairman - give collective apologise today.

I did not say it was entirely Dinnings fault as you imply.

Dinning was an error on Tinnions part admitedly but it was one transfer error that every manager is allowed to make e.g. Alex Ferguson buying Ralph Milne.

I give him a couple of seasons to get rid of the rot that don't want to earn their playing contracts by giving 100%

Guest taipan

taipan has already stated several times on this "message board" that Steve Lansdown is doing a good job. Frequently, taipan gives the example of Sam Hammann at Cardiff, where a £35m debt has mounted up, yet still people criticse the board. Ok, they're changing the badge. Okay, they appointed the cheap option as manager. At least BCFC are still in fvcking business. Sometimes taipan wonders if people forget just how good this board is. Most teams in the league would love to have a chairman willing to invest over 500k in players like Miller and Brooker.

In response to another point raised, taipan has noted that Brian Tinnion says Tony Dinning is one of the highest payed players at the club. Therefore, his work rate and contribution should be up there too. It is not. Dinning needs to be set straight.

Guest taipan

It is curious that you believe this response to be typed by taipan.

Is it not possible, taipan wonders, that he is passing on his opinions and instructions to someone else? Would that not explain the third-person references?

It is curious that you believe this response to be typed by taipan.

Is it not possible, taipan wonders, that he is passing on his opinions and instructions to someone else? Would that not explain the third-person references?

openEnd wonders if that is the case? whistling.gif

Guest taipan

taipan is not sure that the 'BCFC' forum is the apt area for full dicussion of his reasoning and history. It is not the intention of taipan, or presumably the good openEnd to hijack the original post. For this reason, the original post submitted by taipan made some interesting and relevant points to the original question submitted by the initial poster.

taipan is not sure that the 'BCFC' forum is the apt area for full dicussion of his reasoning and history. It is not the intention of taipan, or presumably the good openEnd to hijack the original post. For this reason, the original post submitted by taipan made some interesting and relevant points to the original question submitted by the initial poster.

thanks for clearing that up tongue.gif

Yer man Lansdown.

He appears to be a much of a charlatan as ours.

Will I get banned for this? Ah well.

Dicks out biggrin.gif

Dr F, that damn Atkins diet has made you rather cynical old bean..... wacko.gif

Charlatan, bit strong aint it? Tut Tut, what would the mods say eh? whistling.gif

Dicks In (oooo-err missus) biggrin.gif

What a bloody dilema, Tinman could come good, but can the board afford the

wait.  If he was to be sacked, who is available - it surely needs to be a

new broom to have a bloody good clearout and rebuild - but this could quite

feasibly take 2/3 seasons to reach fruition.

Realistically the fans are never going to allow anyone 2/3 seasons to rebuild. Look at us now, its possible/likely that we will finish as high as is possible in this league without having a chance at promotion. Can you imagine for a second that in theory we would have 2/3 seasons finishing in the same place or lower, and the fans being patient enough to allow this? No chance.

Things work on a season-by-season basis here, the long term approach would never be allowed. Ironically thats a false logic though, although we would appear to be doing something to get out of this league if we shook it up every year, we will ultimately get promoted quicker if we go for the long term approach.

Roger Red Hat believes that Taipan is a sheep who follows where the Tactical Genius leads, as he has no mind of his own.

taipan says, if that is the case, why has openEnd and Roger Red Hat both adopted a similar style of prose?

End transmission.

Damn. I knew there was a flaw in my response but no matter how hard Roger looked I could'nt see one.

Archived