IGNORED

£150,000

Mickey Bells left foot

Guest Harry May

Keep it. Bring back Hawkins from his loan spell and give the kid a chance.

Not sure what else we can do before next Saturday . Stoke do n't seem to want to play ball , it does n't give us much time before next Saturday to get somebody else in.

Do n't honestly think that we could have offered £150 k either , it does seem excessive . I know that was the figure quoted in the press , but I find it difficult to believe.

Caldicot Red.

Guest Harry May

Cheshire , seen Hawkins play a few times . He ain 't no Murray , but he does look a tidy player. Good crosser of the ball and bl00dy aggresive .

I thought he played well when he was given his chance against Leeds United in the pre-season friendly . And that was on the right wing .

He seems to be doing well at Bath City - which I know is 3 divisions below us - but Zamora did well for them . And it has n't done him any harm.

Caldicot Red.

What are we paying £600K+ a year on the Academy if we dont utilise it to maximum effect - surely some of them must be good enough. :wacko:

We are beginning to make steady progress now so a loan signing until the end of the season would be efficent, then if we do acheive promotion we could actually contemplate bringing in one or two "decent" signings.

After his history of buying players for Bristol City and previously I wouldn't trust Danny Wilson with my money-box; leave alone £150K.

The most curious part is that Steve Lansdown spends most of his time trying to get punters to invest in investment trusts describing them as safe investments and yet gives Danny Wilson Bristol City's money to squander.

Can't understand it. If I was SL with DWs track record I would tell him to use what he's got.

SAVE IT !!

until the summer anyway

we may need to spend it on replacments for

peacock

mathews

amankwaah

carey (fingers crossed)

and any other who leaves

i would speed some of it on a no1 keeper

Totally agree, our squad is already one of the biggest in the league, we don't need more players now. Even players who will not always be available like Amankwaah are still receiving wages.

If DW really wanted to buy a player I'd go for Cureton, but then we'd have to get rid of one or two other strikers like Matthews.

Pay off my bank loan, get a brand new car, do a few things I've always wanted to do, give a bit to family etc, and put the rest into a savings account and let the interest build on it.

Oh sorry I seem to have missed the point in the post, I do apologise :wacko:

If this bid of £150k for Goodfellow is correct, then there is something seriously wrong at this club. In about 7 months time we could get him for nothing. If my maths is correct, that works out £150k less. It's not as if he is the next Beckham is it? He can't get into the Stoke first eleven, for whatever reason that is I don't know.

I'm sure that for £150k we could get a very tidy right sided player that is right footed not left (as Goodfellow is apparently). Every other club seem to be able to find the odd bargain, so why not us!?

I would spend it on a half decent coach for the academy players rather than waste all our money on our poxy academy and not play them cause our bloody coaches can't make em good enough for Wilson.

If we are to buy a player buy a older one for the young uns to learn off of not another youngster that would really make me fuming and set me off on another rant about how worthless our academy is becoming!!

I am never convinced about the "quoted" prices for any player, they vary so much and then appear completely different 6 months after the signing.

I would think that £150,000 maybe one of those "maximum figures that gets quoted by the selling club, usually consisting of

X amount down

X amount on appearances

X amount on goals scored

X amount on promotion as well maybe.

However I would love to see Darren get at least an hour on Saturday, we need to maintain the balance that a player with the ability to use his right foot has given us.

Archived