IGNORED

This Is As Bad As Pulis

GrahamC

Having been a regular poster for a few years and a regular watcher for 30 it genuinely hurts me to have to say this, but the current set up, along with the Pulis era, is as bad as I can recall since we went bankrupt in 82.

We are managed by someone who clearly doesn't have the ability to organise, motivate or man manage individuals and a squad, which whilst nowhere near as good as some on here tried to have us believe, (remember that "our reserves would walk in to any other side in this division", TCLP?) should be plenty good enough to reach the playoffs but now has virtually no chance of doing so.

I cannot see any reason at all for Tinnion to remain, his mistakes (constantly picking himself, saying he'd play all season then changing his mind and retiring, his various formations, tactics, and complete inability to organise us defensively, amongst others) show absolutely no signs of ending and we look a total mess.

The reasoning behind appointing someone with NO experience of any coaching position at all, who apparently would "hit the ground running", having been here "13 years" has been shown to be a terrible mistake as we are now being told that Tinnion's first season is an understandable learning curve.

To me to believe that someone who has spent the entire season reacting to events rather than anticipating them and who is surrounded by a number of mediocre staff on the coaching side is suddenly going to get better is just nonsense.

Reply to Sipowicz: When i see senior posters in the forum like yourself and many others, voices of experience, not just reaction, the problem is indeed real. There are those of us who have played managed coached etc, and good judges from years past, not just ranters, all seeing the same things week after week. The Tinnion ego thing was capped off by his benefit year, a year where fans and media alike gave Tins the status of "Legend". Bathed in the glow of this status, knowing the club and players Tins in fact was unwittingly in his own "comfort zone". He just had to turn up and turn it on. History has proved that an old 3rd division long service player with some well meaning friends need a lot more for managerial success. Motivational methods, inspirational rhetoric, tactics and game plans for all occasions.Sadly missing, and not always something you can learn. Inspirational motivators are not necessarily long serving players....sad but true.

All season the question as to when Tins and SL knew that Tins may get the job, has been a secret. The earliest indication after the appointment was a small comment of Tinnions. "I thought there may be an opportunity coming up and had already begun to prepare myself by starting to distance myself from the other players". Wilson was still under contract, so i wonder how that thought arrived in Tinnions head. No matter now, it happened but perhaps the lesson learnt should be, "how not to hire a manager".

As I've said before, comparing Pulis with Tinnion is a big disservice to Pulis.

At least Pulis had a game plan (even if it was excrutiatingly boring). He inherited a pretty shambolic squad that was low on confidence and he it was always going to be a tricky task getting us straight back up.

Look where he is now. Can't see Tinnion getting as far as he has in football management to be honest. He doesn't have the aptitude.

As I've said before, comparing Pulis with Tinnion is a big disservice to Pulis.

At least Pulis had a game plan (even if it was excrutiatingly boring). He inherited a pretty shambolic squad that was low on confidence and he it was always going to be a tricky task getting us straight back up.

Look where he is now. Can't see Tinnion getting as far as he has in football management to be honest. He doesn't have the aptitude.

Disservice to Pulis! I suspect time is playing tricks on your memory .

"Inherited a pretty shambolic squad",forget the players he inherited just remember the ones he signed,3 million on new long-term contracts barely getting a decent return from one of them:Jones,Beadle,Burns,Mercer,Millen,Mortimore,Lavin,& Holland.

He wreaked havoc on our club and created a situation that really impacted Wilsons hand for a couple of seasons.

Sure the Tinnion era is far from ideal,but atleast you know the guy does hold an honest passion for the club and importantly for the moment we do still have something to play for.

Having been a regular poster for a few years and a regular watcher for 30 it genuinely hurts me to have to say this, but the current set up, along with the Pulis era, is as bad as I can recall since we went bankrupt in 82.

We are managed by someone who clearly doesn't have the ability to organise, motivate or man manage individuals and a squad, which whilst nowhere near as good as some on here tried to have us believe, (remember that "our reserves would walk in to any other side in this division", TCLP?) should be plenty good enough to reach the playoffs but now has virtually no chance of doing so.

I cannot see any reason at all for Tinnion to remain, his mistakes (constantly picking himself, saying he'd play all season then changing his mind and retiring, his various formations, tactics, and complete inability to organise us defensively, amongst others) show absolutely no signs of ending and we look a total mess.

The reasoning behind appointing someone with NO experience of any coaching position at all, who apparently would "hit the ground running", having been here "13 years" has been shown to be a terrible mistake as we are now being told that Tinnion's first season is an understandable learning curve.

To me to believe that someone who has spent the entire season reacting to events rather than anticipating them and who is surrounded by a number of mediocre staff on the coaching side is suddenly going to get better is just nonsense.

Did i hear a swearword in the forum? I'm sure someone mentioned the P word???? ranting.gif

Archived