IGNORED

Murray

jimmer007

Many fans have been criticising murray for his poor form this year, but in comparison to other seasons how many times has murray been regularly been given the ball to run at defenses?

Plus i think there is no coincedance that Murray did so well 2 seasons ago because we had a actual left winger terrorising defenses, therfore meaning he can't be double marked like he is at the moment.

I think with Goodfellow and Murray on The flanks we would be a much stronger force.

Every winger thrives on confidence and with such fans making crude remarks about his loss of pace etc it's not going to help. So come on, lets rally together get behind tinman and the boys, and hope(i say hope) for an exciting finish to the season.

Guest mile end red
I agree, I think Murray should be in our first team.  He could give us the spark we need up front and help create chances.

BS4

what have u been watchin this year???

murray not been given the ball, so he can't run past defenders.

these days murray always gets the ball when his backs to goal, not infront of him to run onto!!

city.gif

True, I do not think our playing style has particularly helped Murray this season. Also I don't think Smith is particularly good linking play going forward in the way that Carey is.

However when Murray has been given the chance to get forward his crossing and finishing have been poor.

True, I do not think our playing style has particularly helped Murray this season. Also I don't think Smith is particularly good linking play going forward in the way that Carey is.

However when Murray has been given the chance to get forward his crossing and finishing have been poor.

Not to mention the fact that his testicles seem to have left the building.

He covers the length of the field in a series of jumps normally with the ball be taken from under him in the process!

these days murray always gets the ball when his backs to goal, not infront of him to run onto!!

city.gif

yes his crossing has been poor, but how often do you see brooker n lita delaying their run and running onto the ball, remember murray-roberts, the amount of times roberts ran onto a murray cross n scored.

by the time murray crosses lita n brooker are always in the 6 yard box, nothing a simple 10mins after training cant sort out though!!

very good post mate.i,ve been saying all season that the murray smith pairing does not work.i have not rated smith from day one and would like to see the murray carey pairing again for the last 10 games[if poss]to see if murray really as lost that yard of pace or if he as been held back by playing with smith at r/b.

very good post mate.i,ve been saying all season that the murray smith pairing does not work.

They are both the wrong side of thirty, playing in positions where sustained pace is a vital ingredient. It is no surprise that the right flank has been the least creative area of the team (in terms of assists) throughout this season.

They are both the wrong side of thirty, playing in positions where sustained pace is a vital ingredient. It is no surprise that the right flank has been the least creative area of the team (in terms of assists) throughout this season.

Exactly, and the nearly 34 year old on the left flank has City one dimensional.

Murray, hasnt contributed significantly on the pitch since hes been back, and you wonder if his banter in the dressing room has dried up too.

One of many to release at the end of this season, I'm afraid.

Guest Savagemoster

city.gif

I've seen murry been given the ball and he has ran, ran that is straight into a defender, for me he seemed to have lost the nack of getting round defenders.

But still think he can play and important role for us, maybe he should just stan on the half way line and run onto balls, if he finds his pase

Murray has been absolutely useless this year and there is no way he should get backin into the team when we could be playing younger players and giving them valuable match experiance. I think most people have already accepted that this season is a gonner! (barring a sudden and dramatic change of form) and there is no point in playing a thirt something who should leave at the end of the season!

Guest Savagemoster

Soemtimes you have to keep playing your best players (ability wise), even if they are in bad form, in the hope they will come good again, and murray, two years ago drove the promotion charge.

After all you do not get out of bad form by sitting on the bench, keep faith, murray can do it again

in all honesty was he that good before that wonder season he had? I seem to remember being incredibly surprised when he started playing well!

if a guy loses form during the season then its fair that he should keep playing to get it back but Murray hasn't had any form at all throughout the whole season

Guest Brum Red

It is hard to remember many times this season that Murray has really taken a player on and gone past them. He just seems to think that he can run through players this season and it simply hasn't worked for him. Whether this is down to a lack of confidence or simply because he has lost the ability to do so i am not sure. I think it would be a good idea to leave him in the reserves until he regains the ability to beat players. It might be that the style of play has not suited him this season but whatever it is he simply has not been offering enough to the team to really justify a place in the starting eleven. we all hope we will see the Murray of old back at some point but that does not seem likely in the short term.

CTID

Guest Goodone
in all honesty was he that good before that wonder season he had? I seem to remember being incredibly surprised when he started playing well!

if a guy loses form during the season then its fair that he should keep playing to get it back but Murray hasn't had any form at all throughout the whole season

On his day Murray can win you game, but at present no longer the flying scotsman we used to know..... sad.gif

You mention criticism of murray, i will never criticise a player who puts in 110% every game he plays, like burnell etc. and no one can say scott ever puts in less than 110% when he wears that red shirt. What i will say however is that he has lost at least half a yard, that much is clear, inspite of what people say about a lack of forward facing service. Also he does look low on confidence (well duh) but his head never drops and like many have said he is capable of turning a game, not necessarily with his burst of speed anymore but his energy levels.

Lay off the guys back hes done a lot for this club and he wants what i best for it, which is why he says i'll get my head down and make sure the gaffer cant pick me instead of sulking, mr doherty?!

Guest Bradwall Red

Murray has not performed this season when he has played. He has undoubtedly lost at least a yard of pace, he doesn't know how to go past players anymore. The most frustrating thing about him is he has lost what bottle he did have for tackling. Against Blackpool at AG the other week he pulled out of two 50/50 challenges right in front of the Dolman. I don't believe he has the balls to compete amymore, too worried about getting hurt. The performances of Cotterill have shown me enough to suggest we should forget Murray and give Cotterill a run to allow him to establish himself in the position.

city.gif

...and less of the ball = less confidence = going inside instead of skinning them...

Remember Scotty was the best player in this division before we s crewed up and sold him.

Archived