IGNORED

Alec Eisentrager

Andre_The_Giant

There's a great article in today's Evening Post (page 18) about Alec Eisentrager, the great midfield maestro who played for City between 1949 and 1960, who set up a fair few goals for the legendary John Atyeo and scored 47 himself.

He joined City from Trowbridge Town having been released as a German Prisoner of War. The article mentioned the abuse he received from fans up and down the country for being German, probably not unlike the racist idiots at Luton.

BS4

Watched Alec throughout his career, a good solid defender who could set up play, always gave his best. The players of that post war era, played for their club, the fans and each other.You could see the pride, the heart and will to win. Glad i was there to see those fond memories, hope i hang around to see some more.

Guest happy chappy

don't tell me tinnions trying to sign him on a short term contract and if he plays well will offer him another 2 years.

Watched Alec throughout his career, a good solid defender who could set up play, always gave his best. The players of that post war era, played for their club, the fans and each other.You could see the pride, the heart and will to win. Glad i was there to see those fond memories, hope i hang around to see some more.

Defender? He was a forward who either played inside right or on the wing. Were you watching the right player?

Defender? He was a forward who either played inside right or on the wing. Were you watching the right player?

A good solid defender who could set up the play. Inside forwards from that era are called midfielders these days. He tackled well in the midfield area and moved forward, but played just behind the front two. Yes Grumpy, and i also remember we actually had wingers Hinshelwood and Boxley, not just a target man and a striker. Times change don't they, and i always thought you were a youngster.

Good all rounder, operated in the middle of the pitch either breaking up the opposition attack, or setting up play for Atyeo. In those days, the term box to box was not a common term, but it would fit Alec as he could pop up in attack or defence as the teams needs dictated.

A good solid defender who could set up the play. Inside forwards from that era are called midfielders these days. He tackled well in the midfield area and moved forward, but played just behind the front two. Yes Grumpy, and i also remember we actually had wingers Hinshelwood and Boxley, not just a target man and a striker. Times change don't they, and i always thought you were a youngster.

My dad told me about him! whistling.gif

Alec Eisentrager - I played along side both his sons (Andy & Ian) a few times and trust me when i say i could never understand why they never made it to pro level football i will never know bth were VERY good players. (Andy ended up in Florida,USA coaching soccer).

I remember in one game (Years ago) Andy came down the right wing floated the ball in to the center where i out jumped 2 defenders to head the ball home. From that moment on he always called me Robbie Turner (And still does to this day).

Judge Red it was Ian who got a scholarship in the states coaching soccer, Hes now back in Clevedon, Running his own fitness centre, where he trains the majority of the sportspersons in Clevedon, Ie The Rugby Club, The football clubs, plus Athletes and any Tom ,Dick and Harry who wants to get fit.

His Brother Andy (Amber) was last i heard Training Footballers part time at Team Bath, And at Backwell. Both Sons good all round sportsman, Ian also being a very good boxer.

Downside is both became Gasheads due to playing for them as schoolboys, Had to give Ian a lesson years ago on boxing when we ended up in the ring together at Backwell. Well thats what i remember when i woke up anyway.

Alec was still playing five a side into his sixties, and had brilliant football skills at that young age.

Absolutetly Brilliant family , who all endured the Racism factor of the German POW scenario. Both boys at school age went through it as well.

And as for you Judge Red being called Robbie Turner, I think youll find that it was more likely you were called Anthea Turner instead.

Happy Days Paul Yes...

Archived