IGNORED

Management / Coaching Help

cider hoss rules

With the apparent lack of defensive coaching we seem to be suffering from, does anyone think that if we could get Keith Curle in as some sort of assistant / right hand man for BT the situation would be improved ?

I know its been a long time since he was here as a player, but he always gave "it all" and has also had premiership as well as management experience.

As Mansfield have now officially appointed Carlton Palmer as manager, Curle would be available, and presumably keen to find work.

anyone got an opinion ? (like I need to ask that !)

CHR city.gif

With the apparent lack of defensive coaching we seem to be suffering from, does anyone think that if we could get Keith Curle in as some sort of assistant / right hand man for BT the situation would be improved ?

I know its been a long time since he was here as a player, but he always gave "it all" and has also had premiership as well as management experience.

As Mansfield have now officially appointed Carlton Palmer as manager, Curle would be available, and presumably keen to find work.

Well the guy has been sacked because of being a bully to younger players and the younger players at your club are regarded as the major plus at AG at this moment in time! So I'd have my doubts there wink.gifhappy.gif

I just honestly think bringing in someone new now would give out the wrong impression and upset the current coaching staff and that will effect your players even more and cause even more hostility between all involved at your club.

Unless it's brought forward as a bid to bolster your Play-Off push but many regard your season over so I guess you'll have to wait till the summer to see ins and outs behind the scenes.

snack.gif

Well the guy has been sacked because of being a bully to younger players and the younger players at your club are regarded as the major plus at AG at this moment in time! So I'd have my doubts there  wink.gif  happy.gif

I just honestly think bringing in someone new now would give out the wrong impression and upset the current coaching staff and that will effect your players even more and cause even more hostility between all involved at your club.

Unless it's brought forward as a bid to bolster your Play-Off push but many regard your season over so I guess you'll have to wait till the summer to see ins and outs behind the scenes.

snack.gif

What about Mick Harford? He has had a positive influence on Swindon, or so Sam Parkin says.

As for Keith Curle, I don't think he is the right man. Seen him far too many times in the pub and I was hoping the club to move away from that culture.

Andy King tried to get in Mick Harford in the summer but he wanted to stay with Luton... He brought in the truely awful Mike Walsh because he was available at short notice and was based locally.

It's a bit different in circumstances really. But I'm more than sure that if we keep him longer than next season we'll benefit.

Archived