IGNORED

Scott Golbourne

Guest fatherdougal

Guest fatherdougal

If I were Tins I wouldn't be dithering about and worrying about Mickey Bell's calf problem for Saturday. No disrespect to Mickey, but we need a bit of punch in there and we've got a youngster on the blocks ready to go. I'm a firm believer that the answers to your problems can usually be solved in your own backyard. Young Scott would be up for it, keen to impress and everyone would be on his side. I can't see what's to lose.

Guest redfred

Sounds good to me we hear all the comments about signing new players but when you have young players with good calibre in your backyard then its as good as a new player

Yeps, An article about Scott on back pages of the EP.

He's pritty lightweight and if i'm honest he's going to struggle.

I like the fact he's being given his chance, he deserves thats.

He's lighweight, He's young can only get better by giving him chances to play against better!

Guest ciderred77

I'm concerned that he's barely played any reserve team football. He may be a regular for the youth team but it's a different matter stepping up to first team football. He's obviously got talent and he'll have to get thrown in sometime.

Bell's not going to be around next season so we might be having to play Golbourne all season seeing as though Tin's seems to have dispensed with Woody.

Guest Big Si

Well if something is to come out of this season, it may as well be Scott Brown, Scott Golborne and Dave Cotterill.

It seems to me that Golbornes young age was the reason mickey bell got a new contract for a year last summer. That has given him another year of first team training and growing ready for next season.

If we have to take a defeat, then it may as well be with half the team full of teanagers who are going to get experience from it.

Providing they give it their best, we should all be supporting them, even when they make mistakes.

Si.

Guest hairyshamrock

In my honest opinion, he's not good enough. He's like Hill going forward and he defends like Bell...

Let the flood gates open, its wrecking ball season down our left flank!!!!

In my honest opinion, he's not good enough.  He's like Hill going forward and he defends like Bell...

Let the flood gates open, its wrecking ball season down our left flank!!!!

You keep saying this.

What is wrong with the English coaching set up that they have a completely opposite view to you?

Guest hairyshamrock
You keep saying this.

What is wrong with the English coaching set up that they have a completely opposite view to you?

Lack of foresight, objectivity, and maybe due to the lack of any other options... They are picking a lad from division 3 unless you hadn't noticed...

They've bypassed at least 44 higher placed clubs to look for an under 17 left back. Surely to god any idiot can see this??!!

Lack of foresight, objectivity, and maybe due to the lack of any other options... They are picking a lad from division 3 unless you hadn't noticed...

They've bypassed at least 44 higher placed clubs to look for an under 17 left back.  Surely to god any idiot can see this??!!

Doesn't this prove that he is quite good. The scouts and management team wouldn't pick him, from an unfashionable club like ours unless he was good.

How many times have you seen him play to give such a damming report of his abilities?

They've bypassed at least 44 higher placed clubs to look for an under 17 left back.  Surely to god any idiot can see this??!!

I asked you about Scott as I had not seen him play. To paraphrase your good self any idiot could see that he had a good game today.

Admittedly I have only seen one game, but my opinion is closer to that of the England coaches than yours on the strength of it.

I asked you about Scott as I had not seen him play. To paraphrase your good self any idiot could see that he had a good game today.

Admittedly I have only seen one game, but my opinion is closer to that of the England coaches than yours on the strength of it.

I agree he had a good game looked confident and had more pace than the ageing Bell. Lets home he continues in the left back birth for next Saturday city.gif

Is it time on the pitch eg and average of 45 minutes per game or is it good enough to come as a sub for 2 minutes every couple of games.

I'm not sure but I would say it was being in the squad as I'm going back to the Goodridge days when he played internationals. I may be wrong maybe someone could correct me if I am city.gif

YES ! play him again. He made mistakes (they all did) but generally I was very impressed and mainly because of his confidence. He didnt show his age at all and linked up well with the rest of his team-mates.

This boy is the future. Don't let him be the next Liam Rosenior.

I thought he had an exceptional first full game. Don't forget, the kid is only just 17, yet he looked confident on and off the ball, was happy to get forward and defended well against a tricky opponent. I think we might have seen the latest in a long line of quality left backs who have played for us in recent years.

I guess I beg to differ here.

IMO, Goldbourne had an average game. I suppose if you consider he's only 17 then you might call that 'good'.

At times he looked out of his depth. I think it's too early for him. Give him some regular outings in the reserves, but don't experiment in the first team.

It's the first time I've seen him, so it's too early to make any real judgement, far less put extra pressure on the lad by saying 'he deserves to be in the side' or 'he must play'.

I think I'd be happier to see Bell there when he recovers.

IMO, Goldbourne had an average game.  I suppose if you consider he's only 17 then you might call that 'good'.

At times he looked out of his depth.  I think it's too early for him.  Give him some regular outings in the reserves, but don't experiment in the first team.

It's the first time I've seen him, so it's too early to make any real judgement, far less put extra pressure on the lad by saying 'he deserves to be in the side' or 'he must play'.

Bell is out of contract at seasons end, and at 34 this year unlikely to get another City contract. Tinnion needs to see Golbournes ability for the remaining 9 games, with some farewell appearances for Mickey Bell.

IMO, Goldbourne had an average game.  I suppose if you consider he's only 17 then you might call that 'good'.

At times he looked out of his depth.  I think it's too early for him.  Give him some regular outings in the reserves, but don't experiment in the first team.

Remember that he had a player to mark that has given us and other teams lots of problems in the past, and we didn't really see anything of him Saturday.

Archived