IGNORED

Another Badge Idea

Ian M

• Admin

Richard Gould yesterday said:

The proposed badge may work alongside the traditional heraldic badge for a while, but whether it is the final design to carry us forward for the next 10 years or so remains to be seen. I think that discussion is only just beginning.

Without going into the madness of that idea, it does sound as though ideas may be listened to after this stop gap badge dunno.gif has been used for a year or so.

As it seems our ideas may be listened to after all, I've worked on a badge idea with edson and come up with the following, taking into consideration the ball, the bridge and the red campion that Granpa Osaka used in his.

What d' y'all reckon?

user posted image

Guest ciderred77

I'm not sure about the two robins - they look like they're fighting over the ball. Or is that indicative of the state of the football club??!

I definately think that the flower of Bristol should be included in the new badge.

• Admin
I like it but with so much balance and with the ball in the middle, it could look a bit like a face from a distance. A bit like an angry Ronald McDonald.

How it looks from a distance. Or at least, smaller on the kit:

user posted image

Not sure about Ronald McDonald. More like Krusty The Badge. biggrin.gif

Obviously, the design is only really a layout and the bridge would need drawing up properly.

I think it looks even better on the kit from a distance.

Can still readily identify with the Robin(s) on the ball and that's good enough for me.

I think the bridge has to stay as well.

My Dad once picked up a couple of hitch-hikers when I was younger (he was a haulage driver and I was off ill whistling.gif from school).

They had come over from Holland and were heading for Bristol.

Architect students who wanted to see one thing; no prizes for guessing what.

Something that famous so close to the home of football; it would be wrong for it not to be included! smile.gif

I think it looks even better on the kit from a distance.

Can still readily identify with the Robin(s) on the ball and that's good enough for me.

I think the bridge has to stay as well.

My Dad once picked up a couple of hitch-hikers when I was younger (he was a haulage driver and I was off ill  whistling.gif  from school).

They had come over from Holland and were heading for Bristol.

Architect students who wanted to see one thing; no prizes for guessing what.

Something that famous so close to the home of football; it would be wrong for it not to be included!  smile.gif

UMMMMMMMMMM a castle on a boat with a robin on a sail dunno.gif

Richard Gould yesterday said:

The proposed badge may work alongside the traditional heraldic badge for a while, but whether it is the final design to carry us forward for the next 10 years or so remains to be seen. I think that discussion is only just beginning.

Without going into the madness of that idea, it does sound as though ideas may be listened to after this stop gap badge  dunno.gif  has been used for a year or so.

As it seems our ideas may be listened to after all, I've worked on a badge idea with edson and come up with the following, taking into consideration the ball, the bridge and the red campion that Granpa Osaka used in his.

What d' y'all reckon?

user posted image

I like the badge but would use less black on the robins more medium brown

That's a superb badge design Madger tongue.gif

However, I'd prefer something a little more 'subtle' to reflect Bristol's more distant past i.e. a Royalist being slaughtered by one of Oliver Cromwell's Republican ironsides during the liberation of Bristol from Royalist tyranny in 1645. tongue.giftongue.giftongue.gifcity.gif

I have to say that out of all the proposed ideas from the forum, that badge idea is one of the best I've seen. It would stand out better than the new proposed badge and I certainly would be more happy to be seen wearing or owning merchandise like that.

I have to say I not overly keen on the official new badge, it's doesn;t really appeal to me. I don;t think I will be purchasing merchandise in the future from the club apart from the official shirt. I think many people feel the same way and I;m afraid to say that the club shop will probably see a loss in takings once the new badge is put into place.

My initial reaction was fantastic, but the moment Ronald and then subsequently Krusty crept in I lost it. I like the birds, the flower, the ball and the bridge but the total effect does not equal the sum of its parts. Find a way of it not looking like Krusty and you're definately on to something.

• Admin
My initial reaction was fantastic, but the moment Ronald and then subsequently Krusty crept in I lost it. I like the birds, the flower, the ball and the bridge but the total effect does not equal the sum of its parts. Find a way of it not looking like Krusty and you're definately on to something.

We did a similar badge but with a single robin and the ball enlarged. Obviously, the robin we've used and the bridge image aren't final. If the club paid a graphic artist to come up with something, it would be a lot more polished.

user posted image

We did a similar badge but with a single robin and the ball enlarged. Obviously, the robin we've used and the bridge image aren't final. If the club paid a graphic artist to come up with something, it would be a lot more polished.

user posted image

I really like that.

Don't do yourselves down regarding it not looking the finished product, it reaaly makes me appreciate how poor the clubs effort is!

Can you put this one on a shirt to show what it might look like please?

I think the bridge definately has to be included, and the background should also definately be white as the kit need to have more white in it.

My only tiny reservation would be that it has a lot of gold in it, looks like a centenery badge? Maybe a silver ball/bridge instead, I like silver! It probably won't work, sorry for interfering! I'll go away now! action-smiley-030.gif

• Admin
I really like that.

Don't do yourselves down regarding it not looking the finished product, it reaaly makes me appreciate how poor the clubs effort is!

Can you put this one on a shirt to show what it might look like please?

I think the bridge definately has to be included, and the background should also definately be white as the kit need to have more white in it.

My only tiny reservation would be that it has a lot of gold in it, looks like a centenery badge? Maybe a silver ball/bridge instead, I like silver! It probably won't work, sorry for interfering! I'll go away now!  action-smiley-030.gif

Silver and how it would look on the shirt:

user posted image

user posted image

Archived