IGNORED

Ch..ch..changes

Dynamite Red

Hoping that we still make the play-offs but if we don't then what changes would you make at the club.

With the likeleness that Miller and Coles will be sold where would you strengthen, what players would you release at the end of there contract.

Goalkeepers

- No real change apart from looking at young players released from premiership exit trials to coach up.

Defence

- I would release Jamie Smith because I don't think he is as good as Carey at Right Back and on good wages. Offer Amankwaah a new deal as back up. Release Bell (high earner), with Fortune, Woodman and Golbourne we have plenty of cover.

- With money generated from the sales of Coles and Miller which should hopefully bring in around 300k so buy Evatt (Chesterfield) and Nelson (Hartlepool). With Carey, Evatt, Nelson and Fortune at the back we would never be out muscled or paced again.

Midfield

- Transfer list Scott Murray due to lack of form and high wages. We need wingers so maybe look at Eddie Lewis from Preston who out of contract this season.

- Transfer list Bradley Orr or Dinning because they are no better than Brown, Doherty or Wilkshire.

Attack - Sign Leroy on the longest contract we can. Transfer list Heffernan because he never plays and is to similair to Leroy and Gillespie. If we can sell him then keep the cash and sign another target man on a season long loan from a Prem club e.g Vaz Te (Bolton), Rowan Vine (Pompey) etc...

Coaching

- With Joe Jordans short term deal likely to expire at Pompey this could be a possibility, I would also consider Russel Osman and Terry Cooper. All have vast experience know the club and would help Tinnion organise the team.

And Finally...

If with five games to go we can't make the play-offs then give Golbourne, Skuse, Goodfellow, Gillespie, Brown, Amankwaah and Cotteril an extended run in the first team this will give them valuable experience and the fans can gauge what ability they have.

I'm glad thats off my chest, just a few thoughts on boring Friday.

Good post however there are a few things i disagree with.

1) Getting rid of Bradley Orr, he needs time to develop, he could be a great player.

2) Getting rid of Heffernan, he is one lpayer I think we definitely need to keep.

My main problem with what your saying, despite the fact I agree with you, is getting rid of players like Bell, getting rid of players like this, despite they bring little to the team in comparison to people on similar wages, is that they are the "heart" of the team, and it could be a nail in the coffin for Tin's if he was to do so.

Definitely agree with the coaching staff area though.

Guest ciderred77

Definately need to keep Heff - he is a class player but not had a chance due to Leroy and he's still young. Leroy will be gone, if not in the summer by next Jan.

I don't think £300k is going to be enough for Evatt and Nelson. Chesterfield were talking about £300k for Evatt alone when Leicester were sniffing around.

Definately lose Bell, Murray and Dinning - how easy it will be with Murray and Dinning on their fat contracts is a different matter.

I would keep Smith and play Carey as a centre back if Colesy goes (personally I keep him and get the backroom staff in who can improve him.

1) Getting rid of Bradley Orr, he needs time to develop, he could be a great player.

2) Getting rid of Heffernan, he is one lpayer I think we definitely need to keep.

My main problem with what your saying, despite the fact I agree with you, is getting rid of players like Bell, getting rid of players like this, despite they bring little to the team in comparison to people on similar wages, is that they are the "heart" of the team, and it could be a nail in the coffin for Tin's if he was to do so.

Definitely agree with the coaching staff area though.

I agree to a point about Orr but he is very similair to Doherty and Dinning it maybe better to offload Dinning because of his wages and age.

I think Heff is a good striker at this level but he never plays and if we could recoup some cash we could invest that in other parts of the team e.g. wingers and central defenders.

I don't think £300k is going to be enough for Evatt and Nelson. Chesterfield were talking about £300k for Evatt alone when Leicester were sniffing around

We sold Hill for 100k if we can secure 300k for Coles and Miller plus Mr L gives Tinnion the usual 200k plus for transfers a season then Evatt 300k and Nelson 200k might be a possibility.... Day Dream Believer

Archived